Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Rick, I enjoyed talking to you and seeing the sedan again. I covered the event on my blog.

Here is a photo for you.

Attached Files:

2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Guys.Congrats on the HRM article.Outstanding.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

It was good visiting with you and Eric . The car looks great !

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Lynn-
    Thanks for the picture. That's Eric's roadster next to it.

Phil-
    It looks like Jan and I will be going to Canada in 3 years. What a salesman!:D She liked the idea of flying up and meeting there.:(

5. 5w32

5w32

Hey Rick ,congrats on the great coverage, you guys deserve it! To bad they called my flex fan donation Cheap...LOL!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Steve-
    I spoke to Thom about a correction in the next edition of Hot Rod and he said they don't do corrections. I suggested that he should insert the words "reasonably priced" or "affordable" next time in place of "cheap". But hey, it is what it is. Maybe I should have emphasized the word "FREE" when discussing the fan with him.
    Thanks again,
    Rick

7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

1st one I've missed in years. Had the ticket, couldn't get my ass out of bed (Our Monrovia Car Show was the day before). Outrider's Picnic is a great event!

8. Hi Rick....glad to hear your out driving the hell out of the sedan!!
    Nice read & photos in HRM, however Tom did screw-up on a couple frames....OOPPPS I meant to say things........lol.
    cw.

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Craig-
    At least the HAMB guys know the real story. From my experience, magazines are rarely 100% accurate. We'll see how TRJ does in comparison. It should be interesting.
    Rick

10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

there is nothing free or cheap in this life. it cost somebody something along the line and once you use it and try to do without it then it really cost you....................

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I am going to change the Sedan around a bit. I've come to realize that I need to secure it better if I am going to use it more. Therefore, unhappily, I am going to be adding door windows and a door lock. I hate to do it but the way our society is now, you can't leave anything of value in it and expect to be there when you get back.

12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

that is a gud decision. i drive my coupe a lot to different locations and door locks and windows come in handy. my car came with an alarm that i use also. besides i also own a shotgun................................

13. I think it's a smart move. Plus it'll make the car a little more "all-weather friendly".

So, has Pete designed a push bar for it yet? Bakersfield is around a month away, and the '32 would make an awesome push vehicle for the Old Master. Hint Hint............;)

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I had lunch with Pete and the guys today and we were talking about windows in the Sedan. He said he found a picture with front windows in it. I'll either get him to post the picture or or will borrow it from him and post it.

15. I like the idea of a push bar on the sedan for the Old Master at CHRR - looking forward to seeing you and Pete soon!

16. deucemac

deucemac

Does this mean that Derek will be out of business?

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Alex and Greg-
    I would be up for that.

deucemac-
    No chance of that happening. He's too good at what he does! You don't break up a team like The Lone Ranger and Tonto, Batman and Robin, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid or Heckle and Jeckle.:D

18. Yep, Derek is hugely important in regards to that stuff, and he's Pete's right hand guy. Actually, I'm kind of shocked that Derek doesn't have a Cackle car of his own because he's very sharp in regards to tuning and maintaining a Fuel car.

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

What makes you think he doesn't have one?;)

20. jalopy45

jalopy45

Might be a good time to see if the sedan can get into the low 11's as a push car? October 20-22nd. is on my calendar as a must be there date.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

What an awesome day!
    I just stopped by the house to pick up something and there it was....The Rodder's Journal!
    They can sure make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    Thanks Geoff and Steve!
    Rick

22. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

rick are you going to put tinted windows in the sedan? i had my coupe rear quarter windows and rear window tinted as the same tint on my wifes lincoln mkx. i left the door windows and the windshield the normal tint as a factory tint. with the close proximity of the coupe the tinted windows worked out great. i am calling the bookstore tomorrow for my copy of TRJ.................................

23. I can't wait to see it

24. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Drove by Petes house Sunday afternoon. Saw the sedan in the driveway & a white pickup in the street. Wanted to stop by & say hi but had the wife with me. We were coming back from Bun N Burger- there's a blast from the past! Wife didn't want to stop- she doesn't like dropping in on people unannounced.
    So..........we didn't stop. :(

25. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I'm trying to figure out how to post the article without ruining the magazine.:confused: It doesn't look like that's possible. Sorry.

Steve-
    Feel free to stop in on Pete anytime. It won't bother me in the least:D

26. Steve, where is Bub N Burger? Is this the same one that was on Badillo Ave in Covina in the 60's?

27. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I think that Steves32 is referring to the Bun N Burger in Alhambra. The Covina restaurant is now Georgia's Bun n Burger on Rowland Ave. and it has changed ownership several times in recent years. My wife and I recently ate at the Covina location and we asked if they were connected to the Alhambra store. We were told that they have no affiliation with the Alhambra Bun N Burger.

28. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Sorry Guys, I have to disagree
    Cars like the E&B sedan belong in front of the push bar . . . not behind it !!

29. I like your style Pete!