Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got a cool phone call yesterday..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gsport, Sep 22, 2013.

1. gsport

gsport

Some of you probably remember my thread "no turning back now" about my 1950 chevy coupe I was converting over to V-8 and automatic. Sold it back in March to buy a new Harley.
    Well tonight I got a call from the new owner. I didn't think I'd ever hear from him because he's in N.Carolina and I'm in Oregon. He wanted to share what he's been up to with it. Today he said he won his second trophy at a cruise in with it. To say the least, he was pretty excited about it. He said he was totally happy with the car, that it was everything I said it was. When i sold it to him, it was almost back on the road, just needing exhaust, a fan and a few other minor details. He's been driving it with no trouble what so ever. I was happy to hear that because it was my first build up and did alot of learning as I was going.
    I told him about this site and what a great bunch of guys there are here. Hopefully he'll join this group so I can keep up on what's going on with my old car...
    Thought I'd share this with you guys since I got most of my motivation from here.

2. scrubba

scrubba

Sounds like everyone got what they wanted then........... scrubba

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So you lied. :D

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Oh great !!!!!! So now we have to put our pants on !!!!!:p

Don

5. Man,,how did you know? :confused: HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Hehe, I'm sitting here in my underwear right now with a beer in my hand! (Too much information :eek:)

Don

7. Model T1

Model T1

So, I'm not the only one? :):D
    That really was a cool phone call. We seem to only hear when someone is not happy with a deal. It's good to hear a positive story.;)

8. 55Belairman

55Belairman

Great story Jim, and of course, some equally great comments.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So...boxers or briefs? [​IMG]

10. belair

belair

No Cheetos storys, PLEASE

11. I e mailed the previous owner of my latest project about how good it was running, he answered back but didn't really sound interested. I always want to know how the cars I've sold are doing for the new owner but I've never seen any of my old cars at shows or hear from the new owners.

12. i thought i was the only one drinkin beers in my boxers!! :D

13. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Nope, beer 'n boxers here too. Great interaction with the new owner there - cool to have a positive transaction.

14. At my age...Depends!