Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dreddybear's Model A Coupe thread - DARTH WALTER

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dreddybear, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Cold night here,to cool for the shed,building a Cad powered coupe myself and I just went thru the whole thread and love your build,The dash and door rails are outstanding but those finned covers(if thats what they are) on the Manifolds have got me,minimal but awesome!!
    I saw it at the LSR but hadn't read your thread.

2. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Just skimmed through this entire thread - now I have to go to bed with a boner.

Awesome.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Thanks guys. I took a video but it sorta sucks in quality. I'm getting really excited about paint and interior.

4. Capochi

Capochi

Awesome, Bad Ass, Amazing, Damn I don't have words to describe this !!!

WoW Work!!

5. switchkid0

switchkid0

Fantastic thread, and a build to be proud of.

Dreddy, when you have a chance to look back through the build photos, could you see if you have any of the windshield "header"? I can't tell exactly what you've done there. There was a photo which showed the interior side with several vertical beads of weld, what was that all about? Also, could you let us in on how you mounted the windshield frame?

Maybe I missed it, but what steering box is that?

I really appreciate all the extra "work" you do by posting this stuff for us to ogle. I'm barely finding time to clean the workshop, and read a few threads, let alone documenting a complete build.

Thanks

6. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Look kind of fresh as it is, what color are you going for?

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Has anybody told you it's not traditional because "hot rods weren't that low in the 50s" yet? ;)

8. okay, this just plain fuckin rules. my god man you are building one amazing car here.

9. Builtnotbought

Builtnotbought

Hey, just got done checking out your build thread. F'n amazing build!! I wanted to ask why you decided on all the interior inserts on the outside of the car? i dont want it to sound like I'm beating it up!! Just curious as it looks like your building it to drive, it's gonna be a bitch to keep clean!! As said before, I appreciate all the time spend documenting this build for us to follow.... Keep up the great build!

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's what makes it fun. I like all that showy stuff. Especially on fast no bullshit cars. It's like a prom queen that knows kung-fu. Beautiful and she can kick your ass. So much more interesting.

11. Had much experience with those?

And I dig the upholstered inserts as well. It's like tuck and roll fender wells on customs. A neat touch that you don't see much anymore.

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

So, ...... is the car at the paint shop?

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Technically....yes? Since my garage would be the paint shop...

Alas it's sitting there. I'm having to hold off for a sec. Meanwhile It likes to get sideways at the drop of a hat..:D

14. patman

patman

Buy a big box of hats...I suspect you'll be dropping them all over the place.

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

It's also fun to clean bug guts and rubber "debris" off a SHOW car.....;)

Car just keeps getting better man....gonna rule with some color...

Keep it weird.

16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Thanks holmes. I can't wait for paint. I was literally going to rush it but there are some cool things I'm planning so I'm going to be patient.

Meanwhile he had a brother hanging out in the garage for a few months, a car I liked to call the "Pizza Getter" haha. Don't tell Mark. ;)

[​IMG]

We have this new deal starting up here in Austin where we go to brunch at La Mancha the first Sunday of the month. It's pretty epic. The Migas are killer! Anyway parked next to Reggie's perfect roadster. It's 102 out and the drive is pretty sweltering but my wife is totally being cool about it.

[​IMG]

Finally found the License plate frame I've been looking for. It only took forever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was taking pics of the insert back in the car and the lil dude walks up and sits down. "Take pics of ME!" Diva.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

So rad dude!
    I wonder how long it would take me to drive down there for the next brunch? haha.....
    Is Mark's car 4 wheel drive???

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Inquiring minds need to know.

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

Man, I love this car.

20. Man! Your KILLING me! I cant wait for paint and upholstery! I need to know what color! This car is already awesome without paint! Its gonna bee crazy cool with it!

21. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Absolutely Amazing!
    Whata great thread!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. How's it goin?

23. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

great job on the frame / nice shop too...:cool:

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Not much progress. Drove it a bunch, been focusing on making my daily driver C10 a little nicer. It will be painted Glossy black though :)

Thanks!

25. S.F.

S.F.

That sucker'll get ya some pizza's in a hurry ! You'll be there and back before the garage door closes!

26. Your painting the Model A black? or your c10.? The A would look GREAT black!

27. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

The A will be black. With a white top. I've wrestled with whether to fill it or go with a padded top but a white tuck n roll insert would be sweet, so that's the plan...

28. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

got my vote padded top !;)

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah man.....a white padded top is the PROPER thing to do...:D
    Will be soooo rad....

30. Cool. I want to paint my rod black with a white top someday... Hope I don't think I'm copying you lol. I want a caddy in my rod too. Or a red ram hemi!