Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features I always seem to trip over these damn 32's....

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cfnutcase, Sep 18, 2013.

1. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I tried to buy it but the same old not for sale....was chopped in the 50's then taken apart in the 60's and has been in this old barn since then....very very nice chop and body!! He has every piece to the car but he is too busy drinking beer to ever do anything with the car..enjoy. Jim

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'm living proof that you can do both.

Rich

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

Nice car, BTW.

Rich

4. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Nice! So did you wave a big stack of Benjamin Franklins in front of him?

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Hell I dont have a little stack in front of me!!! LOL!! But he didnt know that..

6. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Persistence pays. Keep checking back every couple of months.

7. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

8. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Gota go get a beer...

9. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea its a car that I just get that feeling can be bought....ya know when you walk up and talk to the person and they dont just say now they think about it and the wife is saying sell the damn thing and get rid of the barn its an eye sore....the odds are on my side...he is a hell of a nice guy he dosent really care about the car its just an old car his dad left in the barn when he passed away and left him the farm so its not like he bought it with big dreams of building it or anything...

10. Dennis D

Dennis D

He needs to trade me that for the F/G body I have so he could have one that won't rust away on him while he is a drinkin'. Always trying to help a fellow out, but that's just me.......:) Dennis D

11. dubcee

dubcee

Always flash the cash, or make an offer when the wife is standing there!if she isnt into it the tone generally changes with in a day or two!

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Bring a few cases of beer to trade him.

13. take 3 cases of some damn good beer, sit and drink one with him, then trade the other 2 for the car, done.

14. Ask him what it's gonna take,and ask him in front of the boss lady. HRP

15. damn, beat me:D

16. he speaks wisdom, it works, I always leave my name and number with both and I've had the old lady call me back.

17. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Well at least you can find them, with persistence one day you'll get one. :)Closest I ever got was a very nice original 32 grille shell that got stolen along with my enclosed trailer:eek:

18. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Oh I can find cars!!! I have car overload!! LOL!! GREAT buys always flood me but that age old story.....no money...

Sent from my DROIDX using H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell him you will help him find a nice finished ride of his choosing and your cash offer can pay for it. It will at least get him thinking.

20. racer32

racer32

Take a case of his favorite beer over and offer to work on it WITH him. Repeat. You'll either get run off or make a friend and get to work on getting a cool old '32 back on the road. You might even prove that you're the 'right guy' to own it and end up with the car. Sometimes, money isn't the only factor in the equation.

21. brady1929

brady1929

Wait until he is drunk, then make him an offer

22. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Nice find! All I ever find is the tracks left from the wrecker that just went down the road with it! Stay on it sounds like a deal can be made.

23. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I went through this years ago. Tried for years to buy the car as the owner got drunk everyday. I realized he would not sell it because it kept me coming back and he just needed someone to talk to. I bought the car from his son after he died.

24. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Buy him skydiving lessons.... the cheap ones that use coupons.
    be sure to stay friends with his wife.:)

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

26. Try to remember,the two most overrated things in this world is teenage nookie and 32 Fords. :D HRP

27. Ain't that the truth! What HRP said.

28. raidmagic

raidmagic

Damn that's funny:D

29. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Talk is cheap, and most guys figure that. If someone actually had cash in hand and hauled the wad out while looking at the car, or told the owner they had it in their pocket, he might think twice about selling it.
    But it really boils down to whether he needs any money. If he's got what he wants now, then he may never part with the car until he needs something more than he needs the car.
    I know of a '32 Ford roadster that got wrecked years ago, and parked. The owner died later without fixing it, and the vultures swooped down on his wife to buy the wreck. Heard about the car for years, and talked to numerous guys who thought THEY had her good side and would eventually buy it. A friend of mine just bought it this week, and had never talked to her previously. I'm guessing he was the right guy, with cash, at the right time, and she finally let it go.

30. I used that approach years ago when I bought my '41 coupe, only it was a bottle of 12 year old scotch. It worked.:)