Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. surprisingly not much on ebay for this bike.

2. I will bringing the rest of your starter kit to the white knuckle scramble just bring money[
    ATTACH]2019950[/ATTACH]

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Attached Files:

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

This is it gang! It's officially

ARIZONA VINTAGE MINI BIKE ROUND UP EVE!!!

Got back from Ronnie and Jan's awhile ago and all is set for tomorrow's festivities! A couple of things to think about for tomorrow:

If you have a pop up canopy, please bring it! It's going to be a hot day tomorrow, and every bit of shade we can get is gonna be welcome. If you have an out door type chair or two, bring them just in case.

Ronnie and Jan went out earlier this week and bought quite a bit of water and some soft drinks as well. If you have some extra to bring just in case we run low, please do.

Bring what you have as far as a mini bike! Heck, even if it doesn't run, or your in the middle of putting it together, bring it. There is always more to learn about these things, and someone might see what you have and be able to provide that missing piece! Let's see what you have!

One last thought from ME... I would really appreciate it if we could avoid any alcoholic beverages at the get together tomorrow. I really don't want to be a wet blanket, but my little encounter with the police could have gone very differently last year had I found the "WRONG" officer, and that could easily make the situation worse. An no one wants to see me thrown in the back of a squad car, Right? RIGHT? Awe, come on guys!:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  4. AHotRod

AHotRod

arizona vintage mini bike round up

5. JSHAW

JSHAW

Slow Drags Trophy and Weener. Striped and lettered by Hubcap.

Thanks Ron and Chip had a Blast!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  6. Hahaha that's a cool trophy

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That was one HELL of a day! I never got around to counting people, but I'm pretty sure we somewhere around 70 folks or so, and at one point I counted 34 mini bikes.

I had my yearly discussion with the Phoenix Police and we came up a winner, again! Slow drags, a fine demonstration of stunt riding capabilities (crashing) by Hot Rod Ron, and some dude that nobody knew who showed up and could carry the front wheel of his mini for what seemed like hours on end! Everybody rode, and nobody that I'm aware of was killed!

Attached Files:

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was helping Ronnie and Jan Olmstead, our hosts for this event ready their place this morning before the madding crowd arrived. I thought I'd give you a quick little tour of their place that they built and designed themselves to be the ultimate hot rodder's home. They based it off of an carriage house, with four large parking bays on the ground level for finished cars, semi out door parking for daily drivers, and a huge "dirty room" for builds in progress with all of the living quarters on the second floor... Too cool! Thank you folks for opening your home as always to us, and I love you both!!!

Attached Files:

9. Wow what a turn out thanks for sharing

10. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like a great time.

11. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

Thanks Ron, Jan & Chip. Michelle and I had a great time!

12. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Don't have any pics available but I still have an old Atlas minibike I restored for 4H when I was young. Its in tough shape again now though.
    Here is the ad for when it was new.

Attached Files:

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thank you for coming John and it was great to meet your lady finally!

14. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Looks like a hell of a fun time was had! After reading through this thread, I checked in on E-bay. There are some decent deals there on a good number of old mini bikes.

Thanks for the fun post, brings back a lot of great memories with me and the guys I grew up with. We had 6 mini bikes in our little group and a 3 acre wooded lot to ride them on.

Mike

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Tell ya what... Everybody jumps to E-Bay super quickly with this stuff - take a bit and look around your area. Almost all of those bikes came out of Phoenix area backyards and out from long slumbers under work benches locally. Craig'slist is cool for that sort of thing, Matter of fact, H.A.M.B.er LandSeaandAir ran a "Vintage Mini Bike wanted" Craig'slist ad early last week when he realized he had nothing to ride, and showed yesterday with a knock out Taco22 he very quickly put together. Also look at lawnmower shops, small engine repair joints, marine business also oddly always seem to have a mini or two around. How about the small town dump? I've pulled rolling chassis out of just that place for free and snagged plenty of ten dollar yard sale engines, too.

16. JSHAW

JSHAW

That HUNT adds to the FUN!!

Pics below are before and after. I bought the wheels, engine, and frame all from different sellers at the last MiniBike Roundup in 2012. I had it there this year, again it just looked different. HAHA

Attached Files:

17. desertdroog

desertdroog

Thanks Ron, Jan & Chip and the AVMBA from me as well. As a neighbor with a vested interest in the properties around my neighborhood, this was a welcome sight and a great send off for the summer's end. Now to scope out my own mini-bike so I can attend next year with my own rig and not borrow others.

There were some nice rides which attended as well, I have a soft spot for Mid-Century FoMoCo's, so here is a pic of a '55.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Good times! Hot as balls, but cool people made it great.

Much thanks to Ronnie and Jan!

19. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Guess I got there too late for pics. Here's the three day thrash Taco 22. Frame and forks found together but on separate bikes (not much for leftovers) and the wheels with original? tires were from a backyard sale.
    DSCN4830.JPG

20. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

OH, I have no doubt about the hunt for them.Just posted the mention of E-Bay cause there were a lot there. I too have found them in some odd places. I have none right now but this thread has sparked my interest in going hunting again for some.

Mike

21. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Just got a bite from a want ad on another car site. 71 Roper. Complete but isn't running. $250.00 going to pick it up next weekend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  22. 64 Wagon

64 Wagon
    from Iowa

[​IMG]

Anyone have more info or pictures of this mini bike? I have the same frame and was wondering what brand it was. Any help would be appreciated.

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Bring it to the White Knuckle Scramble. I'm sure someone will ID it there for you. :D

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's a late sixties or early seventies CAT 250.

25. 64 Wagon

64 Wagon
    from Iowa

Thanks, that helps a lot. Now I can start buying parts!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. von zipper

von zipper

Love the velocity stack!!!:cool:

27. JSHAW

JSHAW

New Colors!
    Stickers are $1 each. Message me for quantities and colors. 1 stamp will ship up to 20 stickers. THANKS for your support!

Attached Files:

28. nlualum82

nlualum82
    from Oregon

Hey, McQueen, I had a 1973 Indian 70. It was the end of my freshman year of high school and my little brother and I tookturns racing it at local tracks in central La.
    Ours was dark red and nothing else in the mini class was that fast. Went by the multitudes of new XR75's like they were bicycles. Unfortunately, it was kind of a hand grenade and didn't always last all 3 motos. Had the typical Minarelli gearbox, much like the Sachs of that era -every time you snifted it was like winning a coin flip to actually hit a gear, used to say, "4 gears and 6 neutrals".
    I was at a car show in Independence, Oregon a few weeks ago and a fello had a '35 Ford flatbed with a red Indian 70 just like it standing on the bed.

29. Here are some vintage minibikes that raced at the white knuckle scramble
    The winner
    1379484433844.jpg
    These are just some random bikes
    1379484473781.jpg
    1379485147071.jpg
    1379485287248.jpg
    1379485330704.jpg
    What a blast we had!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Any other pictures of the event?