Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Mattitude: the Beginning

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by TexasSpeed, May 31, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I figured as much I just like ribben ya ;)

Posted using My Dick Tracey watch and the full custom HAMB app

2. daddio211

daddio211

You're on a roll Matt, great job!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Ho. Lee. Shit.

I just read all 37 pages of this thread in one sitting, and I gotta say, you're a Mad Man, and mean that in the best possible way.

Good luck with your move.

Now that I'm subscribed I can't wait to see how it turns out.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good to see the progress, Matt! The new wishbone mounts look great.

5. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

I found your thread from another Hamber and I have to say you've done an awesome job on this roadsters! Congrats on graduating college too! Good luck with the move.

6. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Update this thing fella!

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

The perfect stance!!!

[​IMG]

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm in the middle of a big move..

[​IMG]

Thanks!!

9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Typical, In the middle of a move and still thinking of a couple more horsepower.

10. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

C'mon let's see the summer update!
    TP

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

The project is on hold.. :(

I just moved to Arlington (for a number of reasons) and everything is in storage while I get situated. I don't have the garage space for all my junk quite yet. And I have a lot..

I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing any updates anytime soon.

12. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Hey man- this has to be driving you crazy!! :)
    I know it drives me crazy- I'm at the school working and there is no place i'd rather be than working in the garage- but when you get back to the point where you can- its gonna be awesome-

sometime down time is good to refine your ideas-

settle in man-

Tuck

13. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Matt. I hope all is well and all of those reasons for the move are making life great. We are an impatient lot but we'll give you time to get organized. Look for a BIG shop, they are easily outgrown. :D

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I heard he's selling off all his hot rod parts for money to buy more skinny jeans so he looks good on that fixed gear bike hes always riding around on, hot rods are so last season.

;)

15. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Matt, I feel your pain. We just left Amarillo for San Antonio and I had a 30x40 shop and everything is now in storage in OKC at my brothers. Including two dragsters. Just looked at the SA dragstrip schedule and they run till mid December. Looking for a house with a shop.

16. rjgideon

rjgideon

I'm up in Keller and I have a buddy in Arlington. Give a shout if you need anything, I dig your build and am willing to help if you need it (and if I have a free weekend of course).

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

When I win the lottery (read: rob a bank) and get myself a shop for all my junk, anyone's welcome to drop by anytime.

Until then, I'm going to see what I can't make happen. Thanks for the kind words everyone. Growing up is a pain, but it comes with the territory, eh? :)

18. This give me great inspiration for my 29 coupster! Looks great!

19. Keep it up Matt!

You going to go to the Revolution?

20. flat34pu

flat34pu

great job, i cnat wait for you to round out the front engine mount, im in the same place on my '35 touring, going to install a 327. im working off all the gearheads here.

thank you H.A.M.B.

rich

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks, everyone!

I'm not sure. I don't know if I'll be able to get off work that weekend..

22. Beau

Beau

Matt, I understand about that move. I have been at our new place for a few months and it still doesn't feel like home yet. Cold season has hit so I ramped up shop time. Hopefully your time is coming soon. Even just doing little paint and small part projects will still keep you in ti.

23. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I would love to do the little paint projects and small stuff, but all of that is 5 hours away at home in Amarillo. I plan on picking up what I can find around here by keeping up to date with CraigsList and all the swap meets. It's considerably more active here than it is back in Amarillo, obviously.. :) I only have the basic tools with me - screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, sockets, hammers, jack, jackstands, and a few other stuff of the same nature.

In the meantime, I picked up a little project to keep my hands busy through the winter. I should have a neat little brat to ride around come spring. I'm only into the project a couple hundred bucks right now, but the biggest issue to tackle is getting the top end rebuilt. That's the only major hurdle with this '78 Honda CB550.

Yeah, obviously off-topic for the HAMB, so this is the only time I'll mention the Honda on here..

[​IMG]

24. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

The mirrors need to be adjusted too.:rolleyes: It'll be a fun ride but.......
    Is there still a ton of snow in Amarillo?

25. Anderson

Anderson

I'm excited to see what you do with that bike Matt, I'll be watching.

Hopefully when the swap meets start picking back up next year you'll get the rest of the parts you need for the roadster.

Now that you're in town, don't miss the new years day show in Garland. The first car show of the year, usually a good time!

26. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

Matt - great project, subscribing for updates!

27. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks!! I'm a fan of your coupe too..

I guess I should mention I've been working a lot and have been picking up a few parts here and there and making a plan of attack for when the A gets here. It's starting to look like the roadster may make its way down here sooner than anticipated.

I did bring up some smaller stuff that I can work on - such as brakes and carbs. Stuff to keep me busy when the bike isn't.

I guess this is another "stay tuned" update.

28. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Just found this thread. Pat on the back for vision and execution. Will be watching. Nice! - Dennis

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I think all the encouragement from the HAMB bros has spurned Matt on this far...
    Man, having to move in the middle of a hot project...have to wonder if that new girl had something to do with it. (grin)

Anyhow, kudos to all you guys that have pushed, chided, and antagonized him so far.
    I have been more than impressed with his chowder to find his way thru so many holdups, and with school, too.
    My roadster project (in the '60s) got sold on account of San Jose State...
    But there were others when I finished.

Get that roadster home, Matt.

30. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Yeah, This was a cool college artist hot rodder full of enthusiasm and connected to friends and family who lavished praise and support on him. Then he graduated, met a girl, and moved away. These are the things "Barn Finds" are made of. Someday a young aspiring hot rodder will hear about ...............:D