Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Ocean Park 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falcongeorge, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Too bad it's a SBC with faux Ardun covers.

2. verde742

verde742

a small block chevy with the distributor in the front? O Cam, U kidder, you..

3. torchmen49

torchmen49

Yep, Tom Laughton front drive set up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its not the only one in there either :eek:;). Its time to to play "Spot the Ford Fraud!":D

5. '33/'34 Ford Sedan Delivery

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

y no, thats not it...:D Rocket88 cant play, we were already talking about it at the show.

7. torchmen49

torchmen49

The Blue model A.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Topsterguy

Topsterguy

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Y yes, thats it...:eek::D

10. I just want to come home. WAAAAAAH!

11. Actually it's not that bad. Good to see some cool rides along with some familiar wheels from visits past. Really appreciate the thread.

12. b-bob

b-bob

And the tub has a steel body too.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

When I was there I was actually thinking "man, too bad Doug isnt here". Glad you like the pics.

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to "make" that "Ardun".:D I figured I'd wait until someone said something about it or the "y-block"...

15. Sorry I wasn't able to make the event, looks like really great cars. I was able to view the Ron Ford collection when I was there, on my way to Deuce Days, thanks to some good local friends.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd like to see some pics of your avatar. That is a good looking Vicky!

17. b-bob

b-bob

Talked to him last summer and he said he had sold the Vicky. Has a 32 now.

18. The Vic was sold in April. It is now black/black with a tan interior. Not the neat '70's restro rod that I sold, but it is now fresh. It needed a freshening after I put 140k miles on it.

19. olrodder

olrodder

Thanks for the pics... some familiar stuff in there.
    That 31 Vicky got around... even made it to my driveway once.
    Thanks again....

20. Fake ardun or not, Cam has never been a follower. His cars always have the look and never look just like anyone else's. I don't know anyone who has built as many unique award winning, magazine cars in their back yard garage as Cam. Faux ardun? Who cares when it is this well done. His last deuce roadster was participant's choice at one of the Deuce days in Victoria. Nice coverage Falcon George. The best of the best are usually at Ron's show.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Relax, I dont think Cam needs any defending, The build quality of his stuff speaks for itself. Back in the nineties, I saw his Desoto powered deuce leaving the Tri-Five picnic, it was like a religious experience. And yes, I know it was glass...

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats a shame, the two-tone brown looks PERFECT on that car.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  23. Mike Duffus

Mike Duffus
    from Iowa

[​IMG]

I love what's been done to this car. Any chance I could get some contact information on the owner? Name, Phone, E-mail?
    My info is as follows should you be able to forward it to him/her.
    Mike Duffus
    <O:p[email protected]<O:p></O:p>
    641-417-8057 cell
    <O:pThanks in advance for your help.<O:p

24. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

When you posted that you just got it out of KMS's paint booth I commented that it reminded me of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Use it if you like. (May ask for a ride one day as payment! LOL):)

25. Ya, I looked back at that thread and saw it was you who suggested that the first time. Rocket88 likes the name too. I don't know if my car really needs a name, I'll just wait and see if it sticks. Kinda like a nick name you don't give it to yourself it just sorta happens.:)

I don't mind giving you a ride next spring. With the rain we had today looks like it's winter now.

26. Eh, faux ARDUN is about as much of a "follower" as you can get in my book. Want the look, but don't have (or want to spend) the $$$ to blow on a $20k engine, slap some fake covers on your SBC!

There are a lot of neat, non-faux, non-follower engines could've been done instead. Car would be a lot cooler with one of those.

At least it has a real quickchange instead of a Jag rear with a faux quickchange cover on the back. (There's one of those, too, in the photos.)

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ummm, I could be wrong, but I dont think ANYONE thinks thats a quickie under that T...