Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features another Hemi Found!`

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Sep 15, 2013.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

its a p29 block. poly. but its a hemi thats been bored 060!!!!! mostly complete. missing some minor things like distributor,water pump, spark plug tubes.

the engine is really clean looking....cylinder walls. pistons look like that were recently installed and never ran. engine had alot of dust all over it. i believe the engine is mainly stuck due to just sitting in the corner of the mans garage. he said had alot of machine work done by a buddy of his but not sure what and cant remember what.

the heads look like they were untouched. but valves are free and moving.

the best part is that i was able to trade a air gap sbc intake with rebuilt 600cfm holley for it all. i was freaking estatic. i couldnt get out of there fast enough.

all in all a good day

2. George

George

Low decks with sonic check typically can go .120, so that should leave plenty of wall. Put some ATF in the cyls for a week or 2, change oil & run up the pump & see if it'll turn over. Sounds like a killer deal you got!:)

3. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

the guy i got it from said it turnt over when he first put it on the engine stand so ill say it shouldnt take to much effort.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It turnt over :rolleyes: LOL :D

He means it turned over. :)

5. dan31

dan31

Do the atf thing and wait . Don't force it if it's stuck. sounds like a good score !

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i went outside today and with two bolts on the flywheel end of the crankshaft and a big ass pry bar i went to throw all my weight on it and about feel on my face. i dont know what happened yesterday but today that thing turned over with no trouble. i guess the only thing i needed was a little leverage. ahhah. anyways...i am super happy. will post pics asap. another saved guys!!!!

7. Truckedup

Truckedup

Good deal,you gonna disassemble the lower end?

8. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

nope. going to cross my fingers and hope for the best that it does not knock when fired up. my luck has been getting better and better the past few weeks. im thinking about buying a lotto ticket. lol. writing this post here reminds me of a friend in a nearby county. he had a 429 bbf which was soaking in mud.....intake down and oilpan up. he found the engine this way in a junkyard. he bought it and pulled it out. took it home and stuck a water hose into every hole of the engine that was open. he said he flushed out what seemed like 5 gallons of mud out of it. later that evening after basically doing a tune up.....spark plugs, wires, new carb, distributor parts.....he had it running!!!! didnt smoke or anything. blew me freaking away. i wish i would had made a video of him...time lap or something. but now its only a story i can tell. i just hope i get that lucky trying to fire up this old hemi.

i would had posted pics already guys but my wife lost the darn camera....i think she did it so i would just go buy her a new one.