Register now to get rid of these ads!

4th annual Washington State E vs W Flathead reliability run Sept 14th 2013!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 8, 2013.

1. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I didn' t hear the final count but, the rumor is that the E was on top!

2. adavis

adavis

I believe it was East 66 and West 35. If that isn't exact it is at least really close.

3. F91

F91

Close enough! When I left, it was 66-36. Vantage is a great spot, but Maybe Ellensburg would be better? It would be great to expand to a swap meet, stuff like that.

4. tedster

tedster

Seattle to Ellensburg approx 110 miles

Spokane to Ellensburg approx 170 miles

Probably why Vantage works.

5. F91

F91

I'm not arguing that at all. I really enjoyed the whole thing, just wondering if it should or will get bigger. From talking with people, the same amount of cars are coming each year. It would be great to get more cars. On a side note, my car hauled ass and ran cool all the way over....on flat ground...

6. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I think Vantage is perfect! And its a free event! I'm sure if it gets bigger we can get more cars tucked in the parking lot! or back into the dirt lot, I don't mind parking in dirt since my cars are always dirty! Nicer cars can park up around the front.

7. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

Vancouver to Vantage approx. 250 miles
    Could be why the west gets their ass kicked every year.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bigger isn't always better for some events. It's a fantastic event simply because the Emperors are not using it as a revenue generator to fund their other activities or to provide a generous donation to charities as many clubs do at their sponsored event. Their shirt and poster sales are the money generator and we clean them out every ye ar so they don't have to pack much of anything home with them afterwards. Show your car for free and buy the host club's event T shirt for 10 bucks, who would have thought that would ever work? The emphasis of the way on how you got there and what route you took rather than getting there at the crack of dawn to garner a power parking spot, and other great thing about the event.

I drove my late model red Cadillac but Dirty Doug an a couple of others convinced me that I needed to "two lane" it rather than take the easy route. 165 mile day on the odometer and only 18 miles of it on divided 4 lane highways. Only one long grade going rather than several and a pleasant ride up the Columbia from Vernita bridge to Vantage to boot.

9. Speedbaron, my hats off to you on that little speedster.
    I have a pic at speed coming west on I90

10. We have talked about doing another spot...but it's hard to beat a central location right on the Columbia river who lets us over take the parking lot with open arms. Blustry's really has treated us very good. They have a good day in hamburger sales, we all get a free car show. Time will tell. It does grow every year, but honestly I do not see it out growing that space, and I really would not want it too. Then things get a little crazier and out of hand...all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for everyone.

11. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Drove up in Gordys 50Merc on Friday little iffy between Yakima and Ellensburg long pulls. But learned about a better route from a couple of locals. Took Canyon Rd. Will know better next year hope its in the same place. We had blast great show, thats how they should be done. We left this morning from Ellensburg at 6:45 and pulled into Gordys driveway 11:00 A.M. Thanks Chris,John,Thee Inland Emperors. Can't wait till next year. Art

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got another route for you guys coming over Satus Pass from the south that only has one long grade and is almost all two lane and the same exact distance from the stop light at Toppenish to Vantage. I drove it going to Vantage. You can't beat cruising though the canyon when the college gals are floating the river though.

In addition to my Photobucket album for the event Which is now up to 136 out of 400+ photos http://s173.photobucket.com/user/mr48chev/library/East West Realibility Run 2013?sort=2&page=1

I put together one for the cars banished to the cheap seats out back.

http://s173.photobucket.com/user/mr...ap seats the non flathead stuff?sort=2&page=1

It includes the Emperors support team cars and the little Chevy six powered speedster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

Hmm. The LARGEST population center in the ENTIRE Pacific Northwest (WA OR ID MT) could muster all of thirty cars to what looks like one of the best cruises of the year. Sure, by all means don't change a thing.

14. Here are some pics I shot on Saturday ! Thank you to Inland Emperors for great get together... Blustrey's is a perfect location !

Attached Files:

15. some more !

Attached Files:

16. I can't tell if this is sarcasm or criticism.

All I can say is this: if you want to drive your car and have a good time, this is for you. If you want to bitch and moan about the location, the drive, the entertainment, etc...put on your own show. I'd probably show up and I would probably not complain.
    John and I always said if Thee Emperors were the only ones that showed up, we would still have a great time. As my friend Doug said: it's about the drive...not the destination.

17. Oh ! Don't forget the entertainment ! Gorilla, Rabbit and now served with Chicken ! LOL and a Panda also ! Doug's heading home ! :D

Attached Files:

18. Every one of your post has been criticism about this run. If we have the run end at your house would you be happy? Of course you will have to supply parking, food, rest rooms and entertainment. Free of course...well, you can charge for the burgers

19. Looks like a fun time. A bunch of very cool rides. I'm not a flathead guy so never considered going over. But it looks like there are plenty of people that just go to spectate. Ill put it on my list for next year.

20. F91

F91

I enjoyed the hell out of the band, I thought they were great. My only REAL critcism is that some folks left before I could get pictures. It's great talking flat heads, no matter where I am.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There were a number of Hambers who don't have running flatheads serving as "spectators" including Rob-Redm and myself. The rods with non flatheads just parked > over there and not in the designated flathead only area except for a couple of power parkers who must have been asked to move and decided to leave.

The music wasn't an issue as I just walked around to the old gas station and sat in the shade and watched Chris's dog entertain a batch of kids and share his water dish with their dog and watched the comings and goings around the folks including April May sell their wares and even bought a print from her.

I think a lot of guys left a bit earlier than they might have because it was pretty warm and there wasn't a lot of shade. That and they may have decided that they needed to take it pretty easy on the grades going back in either direction. Going up the old road at an extremely leisurely pace for me behind F91's little shoebox I discovered that my temp gauge will actually move past dead center. I stopped at the antique power show at the state park between Kittitas and Eberg and there weren't a whole lot of people there when I got there as they had most all left early. I did buy a pair of jack stands made out of old Banjo axle tubes for 10 bucks for the pair.

22. Chris , had a great time ! You guys are great... Like Doug said "it's about the drive...not the destination ". I wish I could have stayed around longer.. Thank you again to All THE INLAND EMPERORS !

23. couverkid

couverkid

Well I drove from vancouver last year, could not do it this year. Thanks for putting on this run, great idea. The drive up the gorge in a hot rod is always good. The emporers are great people and hope to see you guys soon. Hope to have my fresh flathead car there next year, just bought it this weekend.

24. april may

april may

West side is really missing out because it was one the coolest group of cars I've ever seen in one spot. I enjoyed the non flatties too parked in the back. The way I look at it, if the Emperors are involved in any way, it will be worth your time/money/effort/whatever.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You were working too April May
    Showing us how the pro does it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now to find a frame that works with the print I bought.

26. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Dont change a thing guys! I like it the way you are doing it!

27. My hats off to all the folks that drove the there flathead powered cars "The Distance" ... I haven't had anything flathead powered in awhile now( miss by 49 Coupe some were in Tenn. it what I've heard.. Had a haul some parts home to Tacoma on my way back ... so I was in my OT vehicle... Full day ! east and back to the west... it's was nice drive and I reflected back ... thought to myself about my Dad(who would have turned 81) and how much he would have loved seeing all the cars... If you haven't gone before it's well worth the drive ( even 250 Vancouver to Vantage) lol.

28. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Thanks to the "THEE INLAND EMPERORS" and to the entertainment! chicken, rabbit, gorilla and panda!! My wife actually came because I told her about these guys! And now she says I have to move my phaeton out and the "pickle" 38 sedan, into the garage to get it ready for her to drive next year! Thanks again! and don't sweat the haters, there is always sombody who wants to complain! Really looking forward to #5!!! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help!

29. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Looks like it was a killer time. Hope to make the trek there next year:D