Register now to get rid of these ads!

•••consider this your warning shot•••

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kevin Lee, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It's going down like this: As it's labeled, this forum is strictly for traditional hot rods – and this is fair warning that I'm going to be a real hard-ass about it. With the forums split like this I am allowing absolutely no room for mucking about. Infractions will be given and it's not up for debate.

Visitors and contributors come here expecting to find PURE content. So it's traditional hot rods or hit the bricks, got it? Cool. Please keep the content in here pure.

2. fleet-master

fleet-master

any chance we can run a build by you via PM Kevin?

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the changes a lot! And I'm glad the law is getting laid down!

I think you guys are going to be busy as hell cleaning stuff out, but the word will get out and those who don't "get it" will just move on, which is probably a good thing.

Keep up the good work!

Bump for a sticky?

4. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I think this is all a good thing. I've seen threads over the last week and thought,"why don't these people read the rules"???

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Will all the build threads and HEMI info that you have amassed over the years stay in the old section or automaticly get moved to the new section? Will the build thread titles stay the same? What is the plan? Bob :confused:

6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Absolutely. But I have to say, if you're questioning things enough to feel you need to run it by me?... there's a solid chance it should just be in this forum. And that's no big deal – that's where my truck will be.

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, the idea isn't for everyone to "move on" necessarily. We're just trying to make this place more enjoyable really. And yeah, I have probably moderated more over the past few days than I have in MONTHS. But it's definitely for the greater good.

Some of the stuff that doesn't fit will just be shifted to a place where it does. And as it's always been the stuff that doesn't fit with the HAMB overall will be axed.

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

We're still figuring out what gets moved and how. The last thing we want to do is move something to find out that we jumped the gun, then have to re-move it and cause more confusion. Bear with us.

9. 117harv

117harv

10. I like this whole concept. At least now you know what your dealing with. I love the hard core traditional but also like the traditional design with some modern drivability add ons. It's all good. Just keep the billet out of everything.

11. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Awesome, for example I got flamed for talking crap about a post on a dudes "traditional hearing loss" REALLY???? Another one that sticks in my mind is the dude who couldnt get his car up his crooked steep driveway.......... This kind of crap needed to stop a long time ago.. Thanks

12. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I like where you all are taking this forums.....

13. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

Hey Kevin when do we have to start sending you pics of our cars before we can post in these forums?

14. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Weird. Everyone else already sent theirs in. I'll probably just need to fly down and give yours the white glove treatment before you post. (I assume you were joking)

15. silent rick

silent rick

how traditional are you making this? are aluminum radiators ok? what about radial tires? fiberglass bodies?

16. 4psi

4psi

I would also like know where the line in the sand is drawn. My love for tradition is really strong but there is a good chance I will over look tradition in favor of reliable horsepower.

So far my build is pretty traditional but the more I start to focus on building my SBC engine I start to consider aluminum heads, Holley EFI setup, 4l80e. Maybe I will just leave the hood shut and continue on. :D

-Charlie

17. silent rick

silent rick

where ever the line is drawn, it should be a hard line and not open to interpretation. what's good for one hamber should be good for all and nobody grandfathered in.

18. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Bravo Kevin, Ryan, and the others!! Thanks for all the hard work, it must be like trying to herd cats!!

I love the new style and I heartily encourage a cut-throat style of moderation. :D

19. Styleliner

Styleliner

1971 AMC Gremlin for sale... Built like traditional rod for sure... My cats love the Levi interior... Needs wheels. 9000.00 obo.

20. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, and this is the stuff I'm giving infractions for.

21. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Definitely. That's my plan.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

I sure hope some of the loooooooong running threads that are Hot Rod related, some even PREdate the Hot Rod era will stay. Bob

23. Roothawg

Roothawg

Just to be clear and possibly save you a lot of hassle. I hate to ask, but I don't wanna be collecting infractions like s&h green stamps.

Say we have a 36 ford , straight axle, with a sbc with tripower, ford steelies but has radials.
    Is this a period correct forum, say if something wasn't produced before 1965?

Just asking.

24. silent rick

silent rick

so in other words, everything else about the car is kosher, except for the radials?

what about the guy that has the exact same car, but he has bias plys? and power steering. what? he has a bad arm.

i think if you open it up to interpretation, allowing one car in with radials and not 100 others, it's setting a bad precedent. you need a hard line.

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

26. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

gonna miss the my dog got his balls cut off today, how do i adjust the muffler bearing on my 72 plymouth duster, my wife found lipstick on my collar am I SOL?.... threads. Glad to see the adjustments!!

27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm wondering the same thing...and more. For instance...Kirk Hanning's totally cool '34 Ford 2dr. About as traditional as can be. Chopped, channeled, fenderless, early Ford wheels, bias-ply tires, louvers galore, 241 Dodge Hemi, QC rear, etc. But with a T-5 transmission.

Would this go in Traditional Hot Rods or Traditionally "Styled" Hot Rods?

In addition: Kirk gave me a ride in his car and I took pics and a video of it. (thanks Kirk!...what a blast!) If I was to post a thread with the pics and video, I need to ask. Again...would it go in Traditional Hot Rods or Traditionally "Styled" Hot rods, (is this what's considered a "feature"?) or maybe in Traditional Discussions and Happenings? (not a "feature", per se)

It's not my intention to be obtuse or problematic. I thought I had this new format down...but now I'm not sure. It's a legit question...straight up. I appreciate your input, Kevin. Thanks. :) Rick

[​IMG]

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more thought. And again...I swear I'm not trying to be a problem-child...just thinkin' out loud.

It's this kind of "in-between" stuff (for lack of better wording) that leads me to wonder if instead of splitting the Hamb into separate sections and causing confusion for the membership and much more work for you guys...it would be easier and better to have everything in one place as it was...but to simply be more attentive and aggressive with the moderating and deleting of all the inane whining, bickering, ball-busting and off-topic stuff?

Yet...I'm absolutely with the new format. No problem.
    Just as long as it's well-defined for us, and we're able to get a handle on it.
    We might just need some help early on and from time to time. (Obviously...lol)
    I appreciate what you guys are trying to do here.

29. fleet-master

fleet-master

I agree there should be a line ...but its a hard one (I don't envy you guys Kevin) trying to draw a line in the sand when the winds of change have blown it all over the place.
    ie the Ala Kart had coils and air bags in '57...does that make 'em traditional? ( I'm only asking as we're all feeling our way a bit here)

My track T ought to be very traditional ,but with certain aspects it has ..well it's certainly not in a Marty Strode vein.I'll just wait and see where it ends up . All the categories are awesome!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.