Register now to get rid of these ads!

drag week here we come

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 5, 2013.

1. im loaded up and heading out tomorrow on my first ever drag week. to all the hambers attending safe travels and good luck. i will see you in bowling green. for those not familiar with drag week its put on by hot rod mag. its similar to the power tour with one major difference. we race everyday. there are multiple classes to compete in. the cars have to be street legal and must be driven from track to track. no trailers allowed. you run everyday five days in a row. you turn in your fastest time slip everyday. on friday the slips are added up and divided by five for your average. this determines the class champ. the route is bowling green,st.louis,indy,memphis,back to bowling green. come out and see us some of these street cars go in the sixes at 200 plus.

2. Butch M

Butch M

My next door neighbor is leaving tomorrow He went last year He has one bad ass Ford wagon Have fun and be safe

3. brandon

brandon

blue 'mont?

4. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Post updates. Good luck!

5. squirrel

squirrel

Almost to Texas. Ended up towing the fifty five with my fifty seven suburban. Long drive ahead of us

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Butch M

Butch M

yes sir

7. Good luck and give em hell !

8. squirrel

squirrel

More gas.

Attached Files:

9. D-man313

D-man313

See you guys on Tuesday! Dad and I are going to Indy to spectate, 1st time going to a drag week event and looking forward to it.

10. pontman

pontman

Was that on the salt a few weeks ago? If so it cleaned up good.

11. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Good luck Bulletproof, Squirrel. Be safe & have fun!

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Have fun, that is a bucket list event for me to participate in.. Been trying to get my Dad to pull his gasser out of the garage and do it with me (father and son bonding) but he has no interest.. (afraid of breaking something)..

13. Scott Liggett

Scott Liggett
    from nebraska

Drive 3 hours, get gas, go pee..repeat...repeat....repeat

14. I will be spectating on Friday the 13th for the finals.

15. loaded up and leaving now for a ten hr. ride after working all day. weather looks good for the whole event. no rain temps high eighties.

16. Looks like everyone arrived safe and all made it through tech. Im veey poor with computers. If someone can list step by step how i can post pics on this site i will keep everyone updated. Use simple terms and dont leave out any steps thanks. This would be off my phone.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You lucky guys.
    That's on my bucket list I have got to get my car done.

18. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Best of luck to everyone! I love drag week. Maybe someday...

19. squirrel

squirrel

We had fun at the races. Got to hang out with Mike, Ron, Keith, and Nolan all week. Helped Mike fix his Henry J a few times then on Wednesday it broke more than we could fix. The black five five won the class with an average ET in the mid tens. My fifty five came in second at 11.37 average. My quickest run was 11.19. It was really neat keeping these old cars going all week, racing every day. Already planning a new build for next year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  20. on monday i destroyed the spider and side gears in the dana 60. i couldnt find the parts in bg so i trailered it to indy. i fixed it there. i did it in a bad part of town in a alley behind a friends garage. i was laying on a moving blanket working with a 40 watt drop light and car stands. i got to my hotel at 2am. ran at indy in the mid 11s. not too bad for 7.5 compression and no blower i thought. at least i got it running and had the class covered by a full sec. I'm going again next year with my son bringing his super bee. i cant wait.

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry for the bad luck.
    Hope to see you next year that's if I get mine done.

22. squirrel

squirrel

The coupe is beautiful! real sorry for the bad luck with the rear, it takes some suds to break a Dana 60 in a light car

23. thats the drag in drag racing. some times its all about timing it broke 24 hrs too soon. we found out how it broke. the bolts that hold the two halves of the sure grip together loosened up. i have seen some strange things happen but never this. they were lock tighted to.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I noticed you were OUT on the first day. Sorry to learn of the bad luck. What a Drag!

25. jerry

jerry

Congrats Jim!

jerry

26. Even though it didnt go my way i had alot of fun and learned alot for next year. How can you not have fun taking a week off work to go play with cars.

27. db300

db300

I was glued to the live video feed all week. Simply amazing what you guys were doing. I had never heard of this event till last week.

28. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

We were there in the Lark. Fired the ignition system multiple times in 70 miles after 170 trouble free miles. Sat outside the Indy airport for hours trying to fix.

We plan to return.

29. longram60

longram60

Racer=x, This your car?

[​IMG]

I was there the first day at Bowling Green & saw it break, bummer.

30. it is. the blower is back on again. the rules for this class are pre 46 body pre 62 engine with no power adder. also tires cant be wider than 11.25. thats the reason for the different look. thanks for coming out and watching all of us.