Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features My latest purchase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Wrecks, Sep 8, 2013.

1. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

Paid for and registered.... pulling it out of the weeds in the next day or two.

The cars was owned by Steve Carbacio and his son Mark. Steve died in 2002 and his cars were scattered around here and there. Believe it or not this car was a show car winner seeing many years of Autorama's in Syracuse NY

This car has sat in the weeds for 15 years.....

Does anybody have any info on this car? It was called the wild mouse.

Attached Files:

2. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

that is a cool find...

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

Very cool. Can't wait to see pics of it out of the weeds.

4. jesse1980

jesse1980

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Neat score.
    Rolling a show car out into the snow is as shameful as an unkept grave. No room for it in one of those big barns?

6. I've seen formally nice cars that have been left to rot in the elements in the past,hard to understand why no one had any interest,,congratulations on the purchase. HRP

7. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good on you for saving it. Any pics of it back in the day?

8. birdman42

birdman42

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - so, going to take it apart and start over?

10. rustang

rustang

Cool find.... count me in on the thoughts above.... who the heck lets a show car (or a nice fixed up car for that matter) sit out in a field in the elements.... at what point does someone do this?....Don't get it....

11. Squablow

Squablow

Neat car, glad it was saved before it became too far gone to fix, looking forward to more pics and history.

12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Glad you're saving it. Would love to see what it looked like back in the day.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For most of those guys it's when it drops to the bottom of the interest list in their car collection. For others it gets stuck outside because they are working on something else in the garage and it never makes it back in the garage. Sad to see but it happens all the time.

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

glad you bought it please post some photos as you work on it , reason why cars like this sit is grief , family cant part or think about something the departed owned and rather than pass it on they stare at it and relive memories , everyone has to deal with this differently , it can be very tough to cope with

15. Veronyn

Veronyn
    from kansas

Congrats-that's a beautiful buy. I'd love to have one like it myself. I hope you have the patience to get it back up and running and maybe even winning. Do you plan on posting some updates of your process? I'd love to see the journey.

16. eightbanger

eightbanger

Are you going to restore it to what it was or make it your own? Very nice score, by the way.

17. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

I am going to restore it to what it looked like originally. It was sliver and flamed. As a kid I only knew it green and flamed.

Attached Files:

18. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

Out of the weeds and waiting for the ride home

Attached Files:

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nice find. I'll start the count down for the "patina" crowd that will chime in and tell you to leave it as it is.

20. The lady looks skeptical. Hopefully the patina has not eaten into the rockers and wheel wells. Any chance there is a gussied up Mouse under the hood sporting a Rochester fuel injection?

21. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

No underhood is a 331. The floorpans and rockers need to be done and alot of roof work, other than that it isnt too bad considering it sat in this field for 15 years. Its home now but too dark for pictures. Will post again tomorrow after we clean it up a bit and get rid of the bees.

22. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

I was wonerding if any of you older guys have pictures from the Autoramas from the 70's in syracuse, looking for references for my car

23. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

That patina is like my COE that sat 18 years - a little past it's prime by 10 years or more....... and into the heavy rust stage.

;)

24. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

Look what was in it....

Attached Files:

25. teddyt

teddyt
    from U.S.

Check out that patina.....!!!!

26. Yeah,looks like poo,,congratulations on finding the car and saving it,keep us posted on bringing the car back to it's former glory.

The car appears to be fairly solid and I'm sure you have your work cut out but the final results will pay off . HRP