Register now to get rid of these ads!

4th annual Washington State E vs W Flathead reliability run Sept 14th 2013!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 8, 2013.

1. JKSmith

JKSmith

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a good thing you posted that Jk hopefully the guys from up that way will see it before they take off.

For anyone running up from Oregon or the southern part of Washington over hwy 97 and Satus Pass I just drove that Tuesday and there is no road construction or fresh gravel from Goldendale to Yakima for once.

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Sweet....clean roads!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

5. "T"NUT

"T"NUT

6. I missed that part...sure is gonna be a cool ride. Wish I was going. Gonna hang out with my grandma instead.

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

8. tedster

tedster

Read post on previous page about Hwy 18.

9. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Last update: 11:49 a.m., 9/12
    SR 18: Maintenance
    Mileposts: 27.88 to 20.20
    Jim McBride, WSDOT maintenance, 425-739-3734

• **DRIVER ALERT** Saturday, Sept. 14 - All westbound lanes of SR 18 from I-90 to Issaquah-Hobart Road Southeast will close be closed from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. for maintenance work. Drivers will be detoured via westbound I-90, southbound I-405, southbound SR 167 or southbound I-5.

10. So what's the best way around that mess.
    I was going from Tacoma via 18 to I-90.
    Argh! I-5 to 405 then over to 90?

11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Only closed going West... till 4pm, so only an issue coming back Rob.

12. well hoping to be back into Tacoma well before 4:00 , so I guess will see what the detour will take me...Thank you Jack

13. Stuck here in Ohio, but my dad is coming over from Moses Lake to check everything out and get me some pics:D His name is Steve and you can't miss him...6'8"...big dude.

Be safe guys!

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd go that way Rob They are planning on coming over Stevens which is 75 miles out of your way. To get caught in that detour you would have to drive up to Monroe and cross over Stevens, not good productive coming from tackroma.

Google maps says Tacoma to Vantage= 150 miles and 2 hours and 19 minutes travel.
    Tacoma to Monroe to Leavenworth to Wenatchee and down the river is 225 miles.
    From Tacoma to Monroe, through Leavenworth and over Blewett to Ellensberg to Vantage is 233 miles.

Just for shits and giggles Everett to Bellevue and over 90 to Vantage is 157 miles while over Stevens (2) is 179 miles going through Wenatchee and going down the other side of the river to George and back and 187 turning and going over Blewett and through Ellensberg.

15. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'll take my GPS along and see how many miles it really is going the way we're going. But to honest I don't give a shit how long it takes or how many miles. I'd much rather take the two lane blacktop rather than an interstate anytime. Isn't Yakima west of Vantage by about 58 road miles? Mr48chev, which side are you on?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True there. My previous post started out to give Rob and idea of the mileage and time difference. He could shoot up and meet you guys and go over 2 and then leave Vantage at 1-30 and hit cruise control and shoot back over 90 to really make a day of it.

Looking at the map again I can leave the house and go through Sunnyside, over to Vernita and up the river to Vantage and it's 81 miles almost all two lane.
    Going up through Yakima and Ellensberg and across 90 to vantage is 81 miles so for me I might go one way and back the other. Lots of farm trucks and farm workers with minimal driving skills on the two lane route this time of year for me though.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  17. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Maps, planning, fretting, fussing, lots of chatter and talking, my god I'm embarrassed to even look at this crap. Dug ill see you in the morning, lets get matching jackets

18. JKSmith

JKSmith

WA State DOT site just listed that the area of Hgwy. 2 that was closed was just reopened. Don't know if that means just for this evening, or throughout the weekend.

19. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Only if you can guarantee there won't be anything that might scare me.

20. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

According to Google maps it's only 58 miles between Yakima and Vantage. You and your car shouldn't even be included in the count, but then I don't make the rules nor do I care to...

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Not gonna be able to make it sadly. Had the coil blow up and do some damage to my right eye. Did drive the car though

22. Who wants to meet at the triple X on I90 around 9 ish
    98 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, Washington 98027

23. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Remember my friends, it's not the destination that counts most, it's the journey....See all you yahoos in the morning.

24. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

As we always say ....... "The Show is on the road!"...... Good Luck all!

25. Damn and I chose a 1952 Desoto Hemi for my car. I do have a spare 1951 Flathead that I now need a car for it to go into just so I can join everyone on this killer run. How about a flathead into a 1968 Firebird? LOL!I'll keep my eyes peeled for a cooler car for next year!!. Have fun guys!! Hope all your cars run cool and take you back home safe.
    Cant wait to see the pictures!!

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch, take care of that eye.

27. Hope your ok Marty, how the hell do you blow up a coil ? The coil must have been scared of those plug wires ! LOL :D Take care of the eye ok...

28. your so right Doug !

29. april may

april may

Dang Marty! So close. Take care of that eye, get a patch. Almost as fun as a trip to vantage.