Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB Nostalgia Drags @ Reynolds, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 17, 2013.

1. bmbgarage

bmbgarage

I might have missed this in the thread but what is the year cut off for nostalgia? Thinking now I can make it. Will a 66 big block vette get in?

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Accu-Weather still shows tomorrow with a high of 84, low of 65, and partly sunny.
    Not sure on the year cut off, but hey, bring it anyway, you can still run and have fuin either way!
    Just checked with GA Oldsman and he says he thinks it's '72. Also just checked with Jimmy "Redsled" Whitley, who is the founder of this event, and he agrees that it's '72, so bring that bad ass Vette!!!!!!!!!

3. No idea actually. I am thinking anywhere from 25 - 50 cars maybe with 100 - 150 people. :confused: The more the merrier :cool: All the rain we had during the summer really hampered a lot of the events at the track and I am quite sure this will help the track owner Mr. Ed Swearingen want to pen us in around this time next year. :cool:
    1972 cutoff is a perfect year to help with the attendance #'s. Anyone and everyone is welcome to run no matter what year, it's just that the awards will go out to '72 and earlier.

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, if you have a brand new car and just wanta see what it'll do, and don't have a running hot rod, then run the new car, you just won't be able to compete for the trophy.
    I'm coming in my truck, because my roadster still isn't finished, thanks to 2 bouts with surgery this year, so I'm pulling my pop up down for the camping.
    Also my race watching platform is still mounted on the truck from Labor Day Weekend at AMS. Gonna park it next to the track fence during races. It is 6'X10' and you are welcome to join me as long as you leave room for me. Just don't fall off, LOL!!!!
    If I weren't in the truck, I just might try my new Fusion, just to see what it'll do. Long ways OT, but just an illustration of how laid back this event is.

5. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Ha. I'm not bringing the coupe. Plus, I don't know you well enough to punch you no matter how nice you ask.:) Hog Mtn Terry has some unfinished business with Josh and the Can o Worms. They've probably gone through 10 cases of beer talking about this over the last year or 2. I'm just there to help and be entertained.

6. chopped

chopped

I haven't come since the 36 was sold but if I can park my butt up there for a little while I'll come as a spectator.

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Skip, you just come on down, bring a chair and climb up on that platform with me. It's like a ladder rack with a floor, goes forward over the cab top to make an 8' wide by 10' long platform approx 8' off the ground. I always bring a ladder and tie it off with a good 4' of ladder above the platform to make it easier for us old farts to get up there!

8. chopped

chopped

See ya , I think I've got a tee from the first one, we came up from Tallassee for it.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Can't make it. Any tee's for sale?

10. BAD A

BAD A

sorry not coming. Hog Mtn not racing. Only maybe 25 to 50 cars. To much money just for that. Next year if its a nostalgia race only. We will come. But since the track is running a regular program. And just working us in. That's not worth coming for.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. That's cool man, we will hopefully see you at the 10K Atlanta Drags. There will be plenty of Nostalgia cars here and you can run till your hearts content, but I understand with the long haul and all. Jimmy has put this thing together for 8 years now and believe you me, we will have way more cars than that hard tire deal and we will run as much or as little as we want.

12. I know we will have a blast we did last year I'm not going to let one bad apple ruen the bunch there is a lot more to this event than just drag racing it will be a great time

13. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

HogA, I don't think that will ever happen. There is plenty of track time. This is not a points week end. Nostalgia just dosen't pay the bills.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

we'll never build up a crowd big enough to have our own date if everybody stays home waiting till we get that date, but Bad A, I know yall are along ways off, and I understand. What I don't understand is the thousands of hot rodders here in GA that sit home on their fat ass.

15. Exactly, it's for us car guys. No more no less. :cool:

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

And BTW, it's not a regular program, the hard tire guys only have 12-15 cars in the class as it's something new. Won't be enough of them to give us any problem. They also are trying to build a program.
    And test and tune is open for just about any time the track is open except for when they hold the big NHRA meets.

17. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Uh oh. Looks like Josh's presence is going to required elsewhere tomorrow. I don't know where this leaves Terry and the runoff for the trophy.

18. Ok guys the 29 is hooked up to the Winnbago we are rolling out around 7 see y'all there

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Dave, where did you get this info? What's up?????????????????

20. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

What's the word with the rest of you clowns?..............We meetin' up somewhere?..........Pit / piss stop at my place?............Meetin' at Summit to strengthen your pre drags stiffy?..............

Leave me a message in the group or on my phone, Please Dammit!

21. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Plan is to meet up at Summit Racing round 8 in morning. Anybody who wants to caravan meet us there. Just look for the flamed Merc!

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I hear there's a nostalgia event in Commerce on September 28 that might accommodate a grudge race...

-Brad

23. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Shameless plug ; )

24. It's go time brothers :cool:

[​IMG]

25. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Lots of people,cars, and runs.There was a new a/f car that was really nice. Will be on the race circuit next year.Well built.

And a good time was had by all

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  26. captmullette

captmullette

just like to say, had a great time yesterday, met truck diver dirty old man,redsled, laydrag,scott, cant remember all the names, sorry, ive got a photographic memory but they don't make the film anymore, anyway, what a good sincere group of folks, im very blessed to have met them.... thanks guys and gals for the warm welcome and the well run event.... captmullette, bobby turner

27. chopped

chopped

Had a great time, would of been better if the Winnebago had made a pass. Maybe next year?

28. Right on Skip maybe next year

29. burnout2614

burnout2614

Once again had a GREAT time! Scott SOUNDLY whipped my ass about 40 times.........with a passenger.....and I am pretty sure he was leaving in high gear and driving with one hand!! Good to meet you captmullette. Timmy I hate you didn't get to run the 'J', that would have been cool to see. Brad, many years ago at Sylacauga dragstrip we would race our loaded rigs AFTER racing our cars. Hope's truck is super cool. Thanks guys I WILL be back. Next year I am puttin nos on my junk, that fixes everything right! peace

30. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

were's the pictures?