Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do some of you own multiples of the same car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mohr hp, Sep 13, 2013.

1. verde742

verde742

Seems when you get one,, others come to ya, I have a '50 Ford COE,, I turned around, and a week later, I had 5 more. I once bot a '55 Nomad, and people ask me WHAT IS THAT. Within a month, there were 2 more 55's and a '56 and two' 57's in our little town.. Fast forward, there is only one '56 in our town, and he won't sell OR drive it.

2. Abomb

Abomb

Why can't you eat just one potato chip ?

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

In the case of the guy with 30 Chevs, maybe he is still hoping to get a good one.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I had 5 Corvairs at one time. :eek: I really didn't go looking for them, they found me. I would be out with the family and a friend would come up and say "I hear you like Corvairs. I know a guy who has a Spyder convertible for $ 25." How can you pass that up? :D

It was nice having my own supply of parts cars to keep the one I was driving alive, but Chevy made some differences between the years I owned (61-64) so not all parts would interchange.

I was like the old joke........"How do you recognize a rich redneck ? He has 4 cars up on blocks in his front yard ." :eek::D

Don

5. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

twenty years ago i got two 1941 de soto 4 doors. just because the right time and place...and cheap. (and they still aren't worth much.)

6. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Because it is my job to save old cars from the scrapper, the more the merrier. A friend of mine says it is his job to save the old cars from me.

7. Because we can.

Posted from my wooden crank phone in my shitter

8. Maybe eccentric, maybe hoarding, maybe just a slob, maybe an eyesore to some, maybe against HOA rules, maybe poor taste to some, maybe full of mice, but boring, never!

9. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

you should start mowing her lawn & make friends w/ her or something...;)

the only thing that has really compelled me to own more than one of the same thing, is conflicting styles...I like it one way, but also want it another way

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The secondary but much lesser known code of the West applies here... No more than two redheads in the pool at one time!:D

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Don, meet John Evans, John, meet Don... John has just recently lost his marbles, sold his sweet little fenderless 'T", and purchased about half of the Corvair population of Phoenix...

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Sometimes you feel like a nut....sometimes you don't...
    A quote from Milwaukee's Dahmer.....:eek::eek::eek:
    All a matter of what you like..and excess just makes it more better !! LOL

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

As for me, I'm just stupid. Oh, and I like '62 Falcons... And Model "T"s... And Model "A"s... And Triumph Pre-Unit bikes... And sixties Hondas... Ya, lets just go back to the initial statement and call it good!

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Just can't have enough model A's...

Attached Files:

15. What he said.....

16. CLM

CLM

I have often owned multiple of the same vehicle at a time. One good one and a parts vehicle or two. But, I have found that if you ever sell one that you truly love, don't try to replace it with another. Just ruins the memories of the first. However if you start with a crappy one, you can always upgrade to that a better of the same model later.

17. ol fueler

ol fueler

Years ago , when I was young and Stupid , now I am just stupid, I had a friend that had about 7 Oldsmobiles , 49 to 52 all running and a 48 Mercury coupe . But he only had ONE Battery and ONE lic. plate , so whichever car he wanted to drive took a bit of preparation!! Really did not seem that odd at 16 years old! NOW??????

18. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree and if had my choice I would take multiples of them as well....

19. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Because they may become currency,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEN I'LL BE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

They're after me Lucky Charms, I tell ye!!! :eek:

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if I won the powerball lottery I would have a bunch 49-50 Chevrolets built in different styles. why? because I like them.

I've had four 49's and a 51 and a 53 over the years.

22. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Because somebody explained horsepower this way

"Some is good, more is better, and too much is just about enough"

so I thought I could apply it to whole cars given enough time. (Im still working on my collection)

23. Mom! Mom! is that you ?:rolleyes:

24. I am not a slob! Oh you said snob:rolleyes:

25. Mo rust

Mo rust

I like anything that looks good on a 32 frame. I like Blondes too but the wife won't let me collect those anymore.

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I like dirty, raunchy slu...oh wait, wrong forum...

27. I only brought my stock project 28 Hudson to keep my 29 Hudson company, in my little two car shed. I like looking at them together. I like all makes, and consider myself a car whore. The Hudsons are my current toys, but that can always change.

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

From the first glance I really liked Camaros. While I operated my shop I had access to a lot of different cars. Customers were always trying to off excess inventory. Well, I bought a couple of well used '67's and built a drag car out of one and a street fighter out of the other. As word spread I was on a mission to own every '67-'69 ever built (my wife's observation) the collection just grew. At the peak I had 9 at one time and a total of 26 before an attempt was made to have me committed (again, my wife leading the charge).
    The chance to own my dream car since 10 years of age, a 1932 Ford 5w Coupe, brought me to my senses. I "only" had to sell a half dozen Camaros to scrape together the $$$$'s to put the '32 title in my name. That should have been a reality check as to the value (perceived or real) of the '32 Ford. Instead I replaced my Camaro Lust with an extreme fondness (that is the correct term isn't it HRP?) for the '32 Ford. Now, many years later, I can look back on my name being on 7 '32 Ford titles. I have a Brookville roadster project but it isn't included in the 7. That origonal 5w and my daily '32 2dr plus the roadster make up the current '32 stable. I won't mention Harrison's old '38 Deluxe of my wife's '37 2dr. as they get just occasional use. The grand total including all makes and models, 200+. SICK?..........You make the call.

Frank

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

'67s are the only ones I lust after. The round park lights and vent windows just flat make it for me...

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Once you accumulate parts for one model of vehicle it's easier to build another then another of that model or brand and year. Hence the number of AD GM trucks out in my yard. You start looking through the spare parts accumulation and all the sudden with a cab or frame added in the mix you have another roller assembled with only a few extra pieces added in the mix.
    And some of the guys have That love of one year model that several have expressed and the quest is on to have one of each version of that year car.