Register now to get rid of these ads!

Counterfeit speed parts.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sidevalve8ba, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware"

2. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

there used to be days I would jump on their parts as they fit and worked. now finding these I sure won't. and just as a note we tried three of the same part number all had the very same problem. all had made in china on the box.
    sure the damper is a press fit by a few thousands but not that much or so tight you break the damper installer tool just trying to get it on.

Mr gasket is another one I've found, most of their parts also have made in china or Vietnam on the package.

3. stimpy

stimpy

was that dampner a SFI spec or a stocker?? . as some of the performance ones from some big name manufactuers ( that are made here) we have to hone the balancer bore to make it a slight interferance fit ( measure the snout and the ID of the balancer and you should have a +.0005 to zero interferance fit )we use a brake hone to do this , but it should not a slip on like a Pontiacs . as sometimes the doofuses at the big box crank grinders hit the snout with a polisher and remove some material making them smaller trying to clean up the scratches and gouges .

4. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

stocker replacement for a 8 inch going on a brand new gm goodwrench 290hp 350 . a new one from the dealer went right on

5. Not sure if this is true or not but I heard there is a city in China called "USA" - companies can either manufacture there or route through there and be completely "legit".

Steve

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

i hare to say it, but we have the same problem to, we get call not a lot but often from car guys that they wanted "ems" brand of sheetmetal and was given something else, sometimes it bait and switch or outright fraud.

ems automotive parts always has a label with are name and phone number, no label not ems.

but aside from that topic, is china the problem or the american that goes to china ask them to make it, so they can sell the crap to other americans who want a deal