Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Thanks for posting Bill,these cars are amazing,who wouldn't love to see this in sitting their garage? HRP

[​IMG]

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neat. I was just at the museum. LOVED the B-ville car. Gary

[​IMG]

3. Great pic's Bill. Thanks for posting.

Art

4. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Thanks, those Duesenbergs are real Hot Rods.

5. Those are beautiful cars-thanks for the post.

6. 68vette

68vette

Very nice....thanks for the post.

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Great pics,that 37 cord 812 phaeton is amazing,such an amazing looking ride.Well ahead of its time

8. Weasel

Weasel

Thank you so much for posting Bill. Unfortunately I could not attend this year. This is always a wonderful event and I would recommend attending. The museum itself is an absolute gem and a masterpiece of Art Deco architecture. During this weekend there are a couple of events and period dress is encouraged....

[​IMG]

9. Model T1

Model T1

Fantastic cars ! Thanks. I have to clean my keyboard now!:)

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I used to see an L-29 roadster cruising around Port Coquitlam occasionally. Man, what a car!

11. i just got back, and was blown away by the 5 car collection of matching colored cars. did you happen to get a picture of them together?

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

What color? I've got a mental picture of 5 body types of 1923 Fords. Bob

13. blue and silver, '31[?] Auburns, roadster, two door sedan, four door sedan, convertible sedan and a 5passenger coupe [i think]. perfect restorations and all owned by the same guy.

14. Bill, good shots, fantastic automobiles....

15. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For anyone who doesn't know, the best part is that the museum is in the building that housed the original offices of the car companies which is also beautifully restored. The design department is like Gordon Buehrig just left for lunch. Mr. Cord's (the president) office is also fully restored. I stopped by there last year and I found the place absolutely stunning. The people that work there are knowledgeable and very friendly. Hands down the best museum I have been to. If you were gauche enough, you could actually reach out and touch a $10,000,000 Duesenburg SJ. This is in great contrast to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green I stopped at the day before, which was about the worst museum I have ever been too. There, $35,000 Corvettes are 10 feet away and behind Plexiglas. Oh yeah, the main display looks like an advertisement for GM, full of very late model cars. Even though I own a couple of old Corvettes, I stayed less than 1/2 hour. Everything they say about Corvette owners seem to be true, present company excepted.

Also, you will be surprised what a small town Auburn is, way out in the country. A bonus I didn't know about is The National Auto and Truck Museum which is in one of the remaining actual factory buildings just next door. The have a lot of great stuff there as well. There is also a good Early Ford V8 museum in Auburn as well. A trip to Auburn is well worth the effort.

Attached Files:

16. The purple and gray Auburns belong to Bill Parfet. I tried to compose a photo but there was too much crowd around, the humidity was starting to get to me, and I figured every other shooter would beat it to death, so I let it go.

17. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Thank you for the kind comments Tubman, I will certainly pass them on to the staff. I live in Auburn, and work as a volunteer at the museum on the 'pit crew' where we fix and maintain the collection. I have thought of posting pics here in the past, but was not sure of these 'Classics' being OT here on the Hamb. Yes, I have rebuilt a Stromberg for a Duesenberg, put a new shoe on a 31 Auburn with the "Steel-draulic":rolleyes: brakes, and other 'crazy' (by todays standards) stuff.
    Thanks all for letting me post!

18. Thanks for all that you do. I visit the museum often and always have a great time.

19. scrubba

scrubba

MO, More MO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scrubba

20. ml_engr

ml_engr

Awesome...my dad took me there over 20 years ago. great memories, great event. thanks for sharing

21. I've met many families for whom the event is a family tradition -- they come back every year.

22. 1wrench

1wrench
    from Michigan

Love that place. There is a '48 Tucker there

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

I come every year, but then again I only live 10 miles from there and we do the swap meet every year, great times! Here's a Duesenberg model J I detailed for Auctions America the other day, what a beautiful car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. alsancle

alsancle

The Murphy sport sedan is one of my favorite closed car of all time.

25. SWEET cars! Thanks for taking the time to post some pics for those of us that didn't make it!

26. \

me too. Definitely one of the top J sedans.