Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. geckotitan

geckotitan

Yes something like this ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378575005.293466.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Ridgy didge, got one in the works. I'll have it in a coupla days. Eli

3. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Thanks Eli,just checked your album and can see my car is in good hands.:cool:

4. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Like this?

[​IMG]

5. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

^^^
    nice work, looks awesome!

6. StarChief54

StarChief54
    from Norway

Hello!
    I'm wondering to bag the '54 and paint the roof with browm metal flake, probably with some lace.
    I want it to be about 2" over the ground sice the body sits over the frame..

Can anybody show me how it would look like? :)

Attached Files:

7. geckotitan

geckotitan

Thanks a million any chance u could do this in cream for me to ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378772065.468501.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378772085.770770.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. derthor

derthor
    from Germany

my 54 Lincoln :D

deeper, new whitewalls and some fenderskirts are made with Photoshop

[​IMG]

9. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

you guys did a great job on a previous project... asking for help again...

I'm looking to do a replica speedster to cruise with, while I rebuild the motor in my survivor 38 Nash...
    could we morph the traits of a couple of these pictures ???

the front half of the car would look like this, but with side panels on the hood ( mine are the 18 louver side panels ) & a full width 1/2 high windshield

[​IMG]

I like this back 1/2 style, & hope it would look like this ( I like the sloped back, with the spare mounted on it ) no fenders or splash guards

[​IMG]

the seat will be this style...

[​IMG]

for wheels I'm using the Rocket 10 spoke aluminum front gasser wheels on all 4, & will paint them black ( may faux wood the spokes ??? ) & narrow bias ply black wall tires

color ??? to start with, will likely just be primer black, but I'm open for color suggestions... if this is too challenging, just let me know... thanks in advance...

10. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

Guys, I've got a very slightly off topic request. I've been tossing around ideas for a new set of wheels on the 250, but since my truck's front fenderwells are sooooooooo huge, I'm considering a larger wheel to help fill the space. Any chance one of you wants to take a stab at some 20" XD Addicts on the old girl?

I'm finally getting around to addressing the front end, she will be getting new stock height leaf springs (raising the front around an inch), and then a 3" drop axle. So total drop all said and done should be around 2" in the front, and I may pull a leaf out of the rear to level it out a bit. I am also looking into the possibility of raising the end of the flatbed about an inch to an inch and a half to level it out and close the gap a little at the top of the cab. Thanks in advance!

I'm also open to suggestions, so if you just want to play around with it feel free!

Cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  11. manjusri

manjusri
    from US

Here you go.

Attached Files:

12. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

How 'bout "20 American Salt Flats w/ a lowered & raked body???

[​IMG]

13. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

manjusri, thank you very much!!! That actually looks even better than I had envisioned!

Ruben, I would love to run some vintage looking wheels, but my truck is 8 lug and I've yet to find anything that comes in larger sizes. That does look pretttttttttty good though!

14. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I was looking at a '53 Chevy 210 that had been chopped in the '70s. To my eye, it was over-chopped; the proportions weren't quite right.

Now there are at least two schools of though on chopping. Chopping a top is a lot of work so:

1) Chop enough that everyone notices.
    2) Chop just enough so all that most notice is that the car just looks better.

I usually go with the second choice. But that '53 kept bugging me and I wondered if it could be improved without unchopping the top. So I found a pic of a mostly stock Belair and chopped the roof to approximately the proportions of the 210 I had seen. Then I widened the side window height by lowering the beltline.

In real life, this would still be lots of work, especially around the A and C pillars. The front and rear glass might need changing, too. On a Belair, the stainless molding would need work, as well. Doing this mod on a 210 model might be a bit easier.

In either case, I liked the result. What do you think?

The original stock '53 Belair photo:
    [​IMG]

The "over-chopped" version:
    [​IMG]

The dropped beltline version:
    [​IMG]

15. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

:(

Well, you could always go with an 8-hole design....these Tracker 8's come in chrome/black and 8-lug (though I'm not sure of the exact measurement).

[​IMG]

But, if you already have the black wheels you posted, I'd say just go with those.....but rake your truck for a meaner look. :D

16. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

Not to fear, I'm doing the drop axle up front first, then we'll see how it goes. If the rake is too much I'll start pulling leaves from the rear, but I have a feeling it's gonna be just right.

I don't have the wheels yet, just something I've been mulling over for a few days.

17. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Something like this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  18. hemiwheelstand

hemiwheelstand

Hello,everyone.I am looking for some insperation,and some help with my vision.I am looking to paint the truck a burnt orange,copper color,I think Ford called it autumn orange.but I want to put a blue and green metal flake over that,which will be large.Cage and subframe will be flame red.Is their any one out there that can work some magic to see if waht I see as perfect in my head will translate?
    Good Day Chris

Attached Files:

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Dave I think you nailed it with this version. No doubt it'd generate quite a few WTF moments with people and I wonder how many would figure out what was changed. I dig the hell out of it.

20. StarChief54

StarChief54
    from Norway

Thats just perfect! I see Ed Roth's got flake called beever brown, which I think will be cool. Thank you Ruben Duran!

21. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Thanks, Eli.
    The idea was one of those "Zen and the Art of Custom Car" moments. :)

22. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

No problem, StarChief54...... Now that I look at it more, the color in the p-shop pic is probably closer to Tropi Cali, but Beever Brown flake with lace is a great choice.

23. StarChief54

StarChief54
    from Norway

After i've looked at the picture all day long, i'm not sure if I want lace, but I think Beever Brown would be great :D
    Thanks again Ruben Duran!

24. castleman1111

castleman1111

damn!!! I think the 54 looks good like it is!!!!! they got it right in 54!!

25. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Getting close on my '54 and was hoping someone could show me a couple possible options I'm chewing on:

1- Could someone put '54 Pontiac rear quarter window beltline trim on it?
    2- Car is very monotone in color, which I like, but I'm curious what some scallops might look like. Any ideas?
    3- 210 side trim strip

Not all together, those would be three separate ideas. That's it. Thanks!

Mac

[​IMG]

26. Buzznut

Buzznut

Here are a few ideas:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

27. Okay one more!! :)

Could you chrome this and remove the stuff under it?

[​IMG]

28. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Yet another option is '54 window/beltline trim, '53 210 side trim and a silver top.

[​IMG]

29. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

30. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Love the ideas for the '54! Thanks everyone! I'll be going with the Pontiac beltline trim for sure... Man, those peach scallops have my brain turning now. My buddy was telling me we should do some salmon colored scallops and I thought he was nuts. Now I can see his vision a little. choices choices choices...