Register now to get rid of these ads!

The new Hamb taught me something about myself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, Sep 8, 2013.

1. We're the circus,and your the ringmaster...... Call it as you see fit. If we (some) don't agree- tough shit!

2. Will KIRK! still be naked at my mom's house? She's kind of tired of him sleeping on the sofa and he does scare away all of her friends.

3. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

It's tough to draw a line in the "traditional" sand. At what point does a car become not traditional? The suspension, engine, trans, brakes, wheels, paint, steering wheel, gauges, the nuts and bolts you use?
    I'm fairly new to the HAMB but not to hotrods. I'm all for the traditionally "inspired" cars, both rods and customs. They have that timeless look we all love. Lots of us make do with what is available and what we can afford to achieve the "look" and make it driveable. Ryan thinks a guy's car with a T5 is kick ass because it's "inspired". After reading some of the other posts, you'll notice others have seen jaw-dropping "traditional" cars and then find it's 'glass...so now do you hate it?
    There are so many awesome cars and ideas on the HAMB that aren't 100% traditional but "inspired" and it would be a shame to lose them. It would be a sad time when it's down to the 2 or 3 guys who use the nuts and bolts off a '48 Henway just to say their build is 100% pre '64.

4. slammed

slammed

Thats just it Barn Find you are new here. Continue to see how and what fits where. F&J has it down in skills, 'been there done that' and keeping the place straight. And takes heat .

5. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Hey slammed...I imagine you were referring to me - Barn Hunter - Barn Find is another HAMBer. Read the whole post...I'm new to the HAMB, not hot rods. Been there and done that, too. Know what fits and what doesn't. It was RYAN who said a car with a T5 was kick ass....so this DOES fit.:)

6. slammed

slammed

I did read everything on this thread. And the HAMB is not like any other car site, is it? Whose Barn Fresh? And RYAN is all that matters, he lead's this rebellion.

7. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

The HAMB is totally not like any other site...way above, and I love it. Don't know who or what Barn Fresh is...kind of an oxymoron. Damn, it's hard to concentrate with your avatar.

8. Tyeager760

Tyeager760

I don't like having to switch between three forums to see everything new. I would like it better if hot rod and custom threads had subject titles that the thread originators apply so if you want to look at only custom threads you have an option in the search box to do so, same goes for hot rods.

9. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I find myself going to the Hot Rod board, then general, then if I have time I'll peruse the custom board.
    I like the new HAMB.

Scotty

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. I like the new format. I skip around a lot between all the forums, it works better for my ADD. :)

11. Uteslider

Uteslider

I know my newbie opinion is probably worth less than nothing, but here it is. I don't mind the split forums, I love Hot Rods but finding Custom posts was rather difficult. On top of that, if you could only check the site once a day or less, you really missed out on so many posts.

The move to "traditional" and "inspired" would be a good one in my opinion. I love the traditional look, but I'm not going to hate something just because one part isn't how it was done back in the day. That said, I still think electronic fuel injection and truck chassis swaps are taking it too far. Don't even get me started on bling wheels...

The other side of my argument is that I'm not in America, and us guys in the rest of the world simply don't have as much access to period parts, as well as the laws in some countries not permitting us to build things in a traditional way. I'm building a Mk2 Zephyr, it ran mac struts from the factory when hardly anything else did. Does that mean that if I want to lower it and keep it period that I can only cut things? Good luck getting that registered here. Perfect period builds will always get more respect but some of us simply don't have that option.

12. yea but somone else wanted to say it and they were serious. Now you saved them the embarrasement.

Where is rosemead? I know that name but can't put a place with it.

13. I'm still eating Cheetos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is this custom board you speak of?
    Just kidding everything I have is hotrod so I haven't even looked at that board yet.

14. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

I like the new areas but it has me confused. I want to start a build thread on my 52 belair but I am guessing it would go in the customs section? It is not getting a V8, air ride, choped top, or anything wild so I am not sure it fits the customs. It will be lowered 3-4 inches, 235 six cyl with three carbs on offy intake and stock tranny and rear end. Not exactly hot rod material either. I guess I will stick it in one them and let the admins move it if it is in the wrong place. :D

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Give me a few days.

16. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

I have bailed on the rest of my regularly attended forums to be on the hamb because of it's simplicity and "one stop viewing". The problem that other boards have is that when you break down the topics, great information gets lost or overlooked in the sub forums. I've only briefly visited the hot rod and customs sub forums - the general is still the most active. :/

17. I like the direction things are heading because I was wondering if I fit in as well.

I like traditionally styled cars but with a few modern touches so I can push the performance farther while remaining in my comfort zone.

T5's, 700R's and Radials just make the cars driveable and affordable as well as safer in my opinion.

I love traditionally styled cars.... but in most cases I've chosen some modern amenities so I can enjoy long trips without additional drama!

Call me a woos but I've been there and done that with the trad stuff... it was fun but nothing I'd subject myself to for prolonged periods of time.:cool:

18. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

just south of pasadena 6 or so miles. it might sound familar because of ford obsolete. they've been there forever. sbout 2 miles from my home.

19. Ya made this old fucker happy!

20. 65deluxe

65deluxe

And while your at it, why not an off topic category for say, 1965 through 1972?

21. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Yeah there are plenty of muscle car forums out there already......
    I wish the cut off date was 1958.......don't really care about a 64 dart or c-10 rebuild and while I'm going...I wish the step vans were gone too.

22. Baggs

Baggs

Ive always been into both customs and hot rods. But I have definitly found myself searching the customs side alot more. I like traditional hot rods, but being a bigger mammal, I just cant fit into them comfortably!! Early and mid 50's customs are more in my wheel house!

Jason

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

That line of thinking killed most car shows in this area. If those people like that era so much why don't they start there own website/shows. Bob :mad:

24. I don't know what all of the fuss is about. If you go to the Hokey Ass Message Board, it still shows absolutely everything in the same way it did on August 31st... Everything mixed in together and popping to the top just as fast as people can comment.

For everyone that hates it and thinks it sucks, just put your blinders on and pretend that the new forum sections don't even exist. You'll still see all the stuff from those forums in the H.A.M.B. forum... :confused::confused:

25. daddio211

daddio211

The NSRA might be better suited for you. They were pre '49 only for years, then moved to "anything goes". I think it stands for Not Street Rods Anymore.

'27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734383

26. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

That's funny as hell!

27. Ditto that! I'm glad we got it back along with the others.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds just like the AACA Forums, have they broken down the Mustang Forum by colors yet. That was much better 5-6 years ago when GENERAL covered everything, sure hope the HAMB isn't getting over defined. Bob

29. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

WTF! is happening? This is the first time I'm hearing of this.....Where am I now?

30. ems customer service

ems customer service

the truth hurts!