Register now to get rid of these ads!

The new Hamb taught me something about myself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, Sep 8, 2013.

1. F&J

F&J

Dear Kreskin, my roof is hand built steel, by me. Some of it is a car hood skin, the framework is recycled square tubing from the local scrapyard. My 32 shell is from and old channeled 32 ford hotrod. It was pretty bad, but I fixed it with side pieces from a 32 truck shell, that I found in a local wrecking yard. My grille insert is handmade by me, using only materials from said scrapyard.. I don't buy 1-800 parts.

You are the outsider if you feel that dual masters are a requirement for a traditional only site. You too, are ignoring facts, if you believe that a properly maintained single circuit brake is dangerous. I've quite had my fill of the experts on safety.

This site promotes itself as traditional..so what's your beef?

Ok, if it makes anyone feel better, my car does have a dual master.............one side is the clutch:rolleyes:

2. its more like this. The bakery we have used for years that sold bagels, doughnuts and cakes now separated things so that you have to get in separate lines for these so the bagel guys don't have to stand behind doughnut guys ect. I like all of them and now my bakery has been remodeled and seems a little strange. Not complaining, I just liked the old bakery better. Dang now I'm hungry and cant remember how this thread got started.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I love traditional looking cars but could give a rats ass what is under the hood or underneath the skin, the more modern the better if it means you will drive it.. And driving it is what it should be all about. Road trips rule.

Customs should never had their hoods open anyways, especially if I have a camera in my hand... (selfish I know)

4. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

OK...cheers to you for the top, it looks good. I'm not for or against single or dual masters as long as they work. Just don't think everynitpickingthing has to be so hard lined. And by the way....it's THE AMAZING KRESKIN from now on.:)

5. Jay71

Jay71

I did learn something about myself. I realized that I really like meeting new people. So now I only hang out in the introduction section. Everyone is really happy and nice there.

6. b-bob

b-bob

Just found the new posts button, I think i'll use this for a while. Mix of everything.

7. I like the changes and personally think it makes things easier to find especially for custom guys as any thread was buried about 10 pages deep within half a day. However the above worries me. If cars like the Victoria wouldn't fit on the custom thread it seems almost pointless to have separate sections as the custom thread is going to be so stagnant that it won't be worth the effort.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ah, that is so nice. Take some bagels with you and offer them a couple. :D

Don

9. racer32

racer32

Well said! I LOVE the new changes. Seems much easier to find interesting content. I've spent more time on the HAMB in the last week than I have in the YEAR before the changes.

10. daddio211

daddio211

Before this thread gets closed too, has anyone even considered that the HAMB itself has wandered so far off track from the original intent that Ryan has created groups to re-focus us while we still start, read, reply to and feed otherwise irrelevant threads? Any other admin would have killed every 700R4, T5, LED taillight thread years ago. He's letting us play in HIS shop when many of us still don't play by his rules then bitch about it.

The sign said "no running with scissors" but it seems like everyone is trying to justify their actions...

Billy ran with scissors first.

Mine are rounded safety scissors so its okay.

I pointed mine away from me and walked swiftly.

Ryan has posted multiple times that he is going to improve on the changes so let the man (and his mods) work and qwitcherbitchin.

'27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734383

11. daddio211

daddio211

I can't for the life of me think why your car build wouldn't be in the Custom thread. Please elaborate. It seems to me like the very epitome of a new build that would set the tone for all other Custom thread builds. It's not just traditionally styled, it's perfectly traditional, built to a perfect period.

'27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734383

12. racer32

racer32

This may be the best reason the H.A.M.B. NEEDS a traditional hot rods section. I've just embarked on an adventure to build a 31 Model A coupe as close to what my father built when he was a kid as I can. Right now, it's an ummolested, stock, unrestored car. My plans are to thoroughly molest every inch of it. It may take years to get it "finished", but along the way I plan on driving the crap out of it, and fixing it when it breaks.

To me (and quite a few others) what's under the hood and under the skin is of utmost importance. I'd rather have my old coupe with mechanical brakes than 4-wheels discs. I'd rather have a 40hp 'banger under the hood and only drive it around the block than have an LS6 hidden under a "traditional-looking" skin on a road trip. I'd rather shift the old 3-speed for a blast up and down the street, or take a 45 mph drive to a show 50 miles away than idle down the highway at 1500rpm in OD for a 500 miles. Driving a Hot Rod built like my Pops did it in 1960 is more my interesting to me than making road trips in a "traditional-style" car with modern guts. I could give a rat's ass about style. It's the tradition that's important to me. Sometimes it not about the trip...it's about the journey.

I LOVE THE TRADITIONAL HOT RODS SECTION! It's relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish. It makes it easier for me to find cars built along the lines of what I'm working toward, It also makes it easier to find folks who understand WHY not everyone wants modern drivelines, brakes, and transmissions.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  13. I come up stairs for a 15 minute break from busting ass on my hot rod. Hop on the hamb for some more inspiration... And you guys are still beating this poor horse...go build hot rods.

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

15. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Amen

16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I love the new changes.. it has shown me I’m more of a rodder. the customs are great cars. but my attention is more towards a real traditional hot rod. it’s nice because you don’t have to sort through things to see what you want... it’s all categorized.
    nice work Ryan.. it will all pan out in the end... some people are just afraid of change.

17. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

so when you just click on new posts, what do you get? everything?

18. My 2 cents....I like the way it was! Example, you go to a car show, do you want to see Rods on one side of the grounds and Customs on the other side?

Remember the timeless magazine 'Rod & Custom' see the "&". And how about the old "Merc-Deuce" reunion....were the Mercs and Deuces separated at the show?

Having said that.....why not let it go for awhile and then take a vote?

Murph

19. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I don't like the change. I come here to read general mechanical stuff which crosses the boundaries. Now I have to look in three places instead of one.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Both of you should be patient... You can have it your way. Promise...

Oh... and all of you tight ass period perfect elitist who want their own space? I'm gonna make us happy too.

All I need is a little time fellas.

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

I bet one could make the 3 main pages all on one "sheet" so a person could read the front pages at once.

22. banginona40

banginona40

I'm watching and listening. So far so good!!

23. You got it Ryan....Thanks

24. Ha Ha funny me too. I have a mild custom, no running hot rod finished yet, but I havn't been on the customs side yet.

25. It's not hate, they just aren't traditional hot rod material like the Fords are.

26. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I don't buy that....even back in the day there were plenty of people who rodded chrysler products......they didn't make as many 32-36's as ford that's all.

ps. better take all those hemis out of your fords......they aint trad......lol:)

27. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

While I understand the reasoning behind it,its just harder to navigate and I end up missing stuff I think .

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Maybe people need to build their car and let it fall into what ever category it fits into. What were you building before you came here? If the HAMB influenced your build, then more than likely there will be a place for it.

And for gods sake, is it THAT hard to hit the "new posts" button? Really?

29. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Why aren't hemis traditional?

30. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You couldn't see the the lol or the smilely face???????? of course they are trad....I was taking a pot shot at you ford owners:p