Register now to get rid of these ads!

The new Hamb taught me something about myself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, Sep 8, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Works fine, if you know how to work it. Now, it's so easy to use, people are confused by it. Like, looking for a thread was ever easy after a couple hours.

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

I have Stockers, Customs and Hotrods. now I gotta spend more time checking thru 3 sections instead of cruising now it is stop and go. not used to it yet.

if it ain't broke don't fix it

3. i think it will just take time, for some of you guys to get used to it.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Be thankful there is a general section.

5. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I've learned there are a lot of whiney asses on here. So what? The threads are split into 3 sections. How lazy have we become as a society that this is a major inconvenience.

6. Thank the Good Lord you can't get your way,,RAT RODS SUCK...

Now for your regularly scheduled soap box rant..there is not wrong with the newest sections.

I have like a few others felt like the customs got thrown under the bus,,not all the guys have a place to show case what they are doing,,too slow you say,do something about it build yourself a cool custom. HRP

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. slammed

slammed

You can hit 'New Posts' and see everything current. Your typing remember? Its like you have to physically do ANY thing strenuous. No time? To type. -Type-. Right.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yes, that is the only place I visit. I'm withholding judgement, but have to say it doesn't quite feel as homey as it once did, more sterile or something.

Don

9. Some like change, and some dont. I like change, keeps life interesting. Imho, the new Hamb rocks.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This is the best description yet. :D

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

My original post was not a complaint. The new categories are fine by me. I was just remarking that I didn't realize I was drawn to customs more than hot rods. It was something I never even thought about before.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sometimes, you can have the best of both worlds... Just give me a chance... and wait and see...

13. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have suggested a forum for traditional hotrods only several times

see here

<table id="yiv4753373249post7575084" class="yiv4753373249tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody id="yui_3_7_2_1_1378679247113_1939"><tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1378679247113_1938"><td id="yui_3_7_2_1_1378679247113_2007" class="yiv4753373249thead" style="font-weight:normal;border:1px solid #e5e5e5;border-right:0px;">[​IMG] 03-18-2012, 12:31 PM </td> <td id="yui_3_7_2_1_1378679247113_1937" class="yiv4753373249thead" style="font-weight:normal;border:1px solid #e5e5e5;border-left:0px;" align="right"> #218 </td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1378679247113_1970" valign="top"> <td id="yui_3_7_2_1_1378679247113_2004" class="yiv4753373249alt2" style="border:1px solid #e5e5e5;border-top:0px;border-bottom:0px;" width="175"> manyolcars
    Old School HAMBer

</td> <td class="yiv4753373249alt1" id="yiv4753373249td_post_7575084" style="border-right:1px solid #e5e5e5;"> [​IMG] Re: The modern HAMB
    <hr style="color:#e5e5e5;background-color:#e5e5e5;" size="1"> Wouldnt it be nice if the HAMB had a sub-forum for traditional hot rods and customs ONLY? No International trucks, no 48-52 Dodges, no dog threads, house threads, airbag threads, boat threads, or modern car threads.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

The real question is: Since this is supposed to be traditional hot rod forum, why allow all the other stuff?

14. 117harv

117harv

Going by this thread i'm in the minority, I like it alot.

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I like both Hot Rods, Customs, Stockers and Patina Cars. I like the old format better, to take in everything. Matter of Fact, now I only look at the General Discussion section.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I absolutely love the focused forums, but there are so many other problems to deal with as a moderation team to make this thing run like it should... And with any luck, we will be able to pull it all off.

There are a lot more changes coming that I think will make a lot more people happy - especially the guys that have it bad for full on traditional cars, but even for guys that are casual observers.

I promise you one thing - I'm reinvigorated and ready to party.

17. All I Can Say Is:
    [​IMG]

18. OldColt

OldColt

Any chance in the future for a Drag Racing Sub Forum? Seems to be a lot of interest judging from the Junior Stock, events, and drag racing picture threads. A lot of us guys "hot rods" were built to see most, if not all, strip duty.

--- Steve ---

19. Eric H

Eric H

I like it so far. I have rediscovered threads that would have been ten pages deep in crap before. Thanks Ryan!

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ryan, I hope you take this as the compliment I mean it to be. I think your most recent approach to explaining this new format to us is to be commended. You seem to be really aware that the members are an important part of this forum and that our input does matter somewhat, and you are doing your best to make the transition as smooth as possible.

I think when you first announced these changes it sort of read like "take it or leave it, here it comes", and that bothered at least me somewhat. It was like we were simply along for the ride and all of our contributions were not important. Sorry, I just felt that way.

But you seem to be genuinely trying to soften that approach and I feel much better about it all now. Not that my opinion really matters in the overall scheme of things, but I just wanted to thank you for the way you are now handling the questions and comments we have posted.

Don

21. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I think I understand the reason behind the madness.

As was, there was just one big forum without "focus". Now there are three smaller forums with each having the opportunity to grow and acquire advertising targeted for the specific demographic of that particular forum section. Also the opportunity now exist to sell off any one section without selling the hole.

I know if I were doing it, that would be why.

22. Model T1

Model T1

I believe this really covers it well. I still follow mostly NEW POSTS but checking separately does speed things up.
    And as Don's Hotrods wrote Ryan is in this for the members. I've noticed a lot of members are now realizing things will be for the better.

23. I like Customs but there are not a lot of posts in it

24. Don't give a d... about separate divisions. I'll read the heading and decide if I'm interested enough to read farther. I just reset my link to open on the new posts page. Done and done.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thank you. Sincerely.

You'd think it would be full of threads by Jeffsled! :)

Give it time, we haven't really moved anything yet and when we do I think it will spawn conversation.

I bet you are gonna reset that bookmark again sometime relatively soon.

26. I dont dislike it, but it does feel like different vibe going on, cant put my finger on it. Ive never used the new posts button, I should probably check it out.

The way I check out the HAMB is when I get home from work and settle in for the evening I go back about 10 pages or so and find the first posts of the morning. Then I just scroll backwards checking out the threads I find interesting and not worrying about the threads I dont. I pretty quickly get caught back up to the current time.

Whatever happens here happens....Im sure Ill still dig it.

27. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I always go to the hot rod section, never the customs section. I love it, it streamlines my enjoyment. I'm just not into customs.

28. mow too much

mow too much

I don't see a problem with it.

29. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I agree x2

30. Ryan the one problem I am seeing is that the hot rod forum is quickly going to become flooded with simple questions that can be answered by searching or might be better off in general discussion. You might ended up with a more pure product if you have all the questions on generel discussion and just tech, history threads like the 1940s period correct hot rods and builds in the hot rod forum.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!