Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Blue Bird Special The Baddest 33 Ford ever build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoyalCrown32, Jul 16, 2013.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

answers the whitewall and mag question. Bad ass all the way. The blue is cool, would love to see it in BLACK.

2. Cshabang

Cshabang

funny you say that...its now black...I dont have the photo anymore..it was sent to me via text and I deleted it without thinking...

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

OK guys you asked for it. Here's the former Blue Bird. Before you scream bloody murder, you have to understand something. This guy bought an old beat up race car and built his dream car. Don't hate him for it.

[​IMG]

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok...............I've seen INDY Roadsters from the 1950's turned into Oswego Super Modifieds, so I'm not shocked. Is the chassis the old Blue Bird as well or just the body? I bought a PowerBall ticket tonight, just wondering. Bob

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Car isn't my style at all and not my thing, but you are right. I will forever have a "traditional" tainted view on things. It's just my nature... Especially with cars with history.

That being said, I have what I call a "five year old test." See, my little man Miller (named after Harry Miller ironically) has no sense of traditional or contemporary at all. He just see's cars and says, "That's a HOT ROD" with no regard to my teachings at all. In fact, I'm certain he thinks I have old man tastes...

Anyway, I often use him to see if a non-traditional car is cool or not.

"Miller, what do you say? This thing cool?"

"That's a hot rod dad!"

And that's my "five year old test."

Funny enough, Miller is much more into Ferrari's and Porsche's than he is Hot Rods and Customs.

6. slammed

slammed

Whoa. Is that dude in the back ground throwing up the devils horns? Yes, the latest version/vision is hard to look at. Maybe someone will buy it an put it closer to the original. -Hope-

7. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

I like the 5 year old test!!

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I used to be, then I found the HAMB. :cool:

9. 1933dodge

1933dodge
    from MN

I sold a 33 desoto grille shell to a man in Canada. He is reproducing the car - it should be out by now

10. Skip does not have the nose. My buddy Denny Slocomb bought the car from Davey Jones from Groton MA in 1972 and built it to his liking. He has since restored the nose and displays it some times at Tyrods.

11. 46Chief

46Chief

A41B2544-6F79-4A11-9D21-996AC53136B0.jpeg

Bringing back an old thread out of respect for
    Skip LaJoie, RIP. This is a “hot rod”, even to a 5 year old!