Register now to get rid of these ads!

I've read some negatives about Blueprint engines engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tapkoote, Aug 27, 2013.

1. tapkoote

tapkoote

Most of the posts are older,has anyone dealt with them lately.
    They are still in business, maybe they've improved?
    And another question, this business of zinc for flat tapped cams, I've found on old motor cycles synthetics cures all.
    That's quite a statement!
    thanks Pat

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. BlueprintEngines

BlueprintEngines
    from Nebraska

Hello Tapkoote

Thanks for looking at BluePrint Engines as an option! I just want to touch on a couple of points to address your questions /concerns:

* We have been in the business of building engines for 30 years . Our goal is to have all of customers to be absolutely thrilled every time they turn the key of their hotrod, car or truck and hear that engine roar to life.

*We offer a 30month/50,000 mile warranty on most of our engines, and work with every customer to ensure their absolute satisfaction with our product, even when an issue arises that is not a result of with our parts or workmanship.

*The largest performance retailers in the industry carry our products. That is not something they would do if we were not a good company to work with and built quality engines.

If you have any questions on any of our engines, our policies ,or just business in general, please feel free to give me a call. I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions!

Scott Liggett
    BluePrint Engines
    1(800) 483-4263 ext. 160
    [email protected]

3. For what it is worth, I have used three of their engines (two Fords and a Chevy) and all of them were (and still are) great. I would not be afraid to use another one!

4. dan31

dan31

I have good things from a couple of guys I talked to who said they have them.Not to many places are going to give you a 30 month-50k warranty on a hot rod motor.

5. Normbc9

Normbc9

I had a special order '62 Ford with a 4 speed and a tri-power 406 performance engine. I went from "trying" to "winning" with a Blue print of the engine from a Speed Shop in National City, CA. My experience was a good one.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I have no dog in this hunt.

but it may have been more "cordial" to simply ask for opinions of Blueprint Engines.

the title to the thread unfairly casts a negative vibe towards them.

just a suggestion.

7. tapkoote

tapkoote

That may well be, but Blueprint stepped right up.
    And they could use some good press, there appears to be some trouble in the past.
    I've got an email into them right now.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thing is, I'm not even looking for an engine, but I stopped to see how someone was getting burned. Just saying...

9. guitard

guitard

Also keep in mind in this day of sensationalism & outrage, you're not going to hear from the 10,000 guys that never had a problem... you're going to hear from the 1 or 2%, which will still be a number if the company's been around a while... but probably not proportionally out of whack given we're dealing with engines & machines. Nobody can possibly be 100% with complex machines involving metal and explosions. The true measure is how they step up when the problem happens.

10. stimpy

stimpy

ordered one of there 500Hp 396 sbcs for a customer , put it in a O/T elcamino , and the thing ran great , was a little off on the Hp figures on the dyno ( no upper end umph ) , but that was due to the owner of the car not BP , they used a 850 DP carb and the owner was using a 750 VS and split plenum , the car still ran a 12.90 in the 1/4 at 103 Mph . and is street driven and has manners too . customer wanted a better warantee than GM offered .

and I forgot to add it was $5000 cheaper than his buddies supposed professional built 95 LT1 who has to use a 150 shot of nitrous to keep up with him .

and blueprint if you read this, one suggestion put fender decals in the box with the motor , as we got asked many times who built it .

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013