Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Snake & Mongoose - The Movie.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by primerkid, Jul 29, 2013.

1. 32cruzer

32cruzer

Went to the NHRA breakfast at SEMA last Nov. Snake and the Goose were there to talk about it and answer questions, along with the director and asst. They showed a long trailer, Snake and Goose commented that they worked hard to eliminate any "artistic license" and although some may still be in, they were very pleased with the actors and accuracy. From the 3 minute or more trailer it looked so much better than "Heart like a Wheel" as far as the track scenes and the amount of race coverage. But they hadn't finished the final edits.
    They used a fair amount of historic footage and original cars in the backrounds of the new footage. It was a challange for them to "recreate" Lions, Bakersfield and other well known extinct tracks and/or eliminate the modern backrounds at the ones that still exist. No matter what, I think it will be the best Drag Race movie we could hope for from Hollywood.
    The stories and how they jerk each other off now were hilarious!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Damn, they look exactly like those dudes!!!

3. 60 Belair

60 Belair

4. Normbc9

Normbc9

I just Saw Don "Snake" Prudhomme at the Reno Hot August Nights yesterday. He still has a very active Racing Shop and staff located in Vista, Ca. and he has several cars which are top contenders.

5. metal man

metal man

How do you guys know where it's playing?

6. rick finch

rick finch

Saw them up close and personal too many times to count...not planning on seeing the movie. Don't misunderstand me, it's nothing against them...I just don't have any faith in a movie dramatizing their lives.

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

If it is just a movie based just on facts and perfect re-created drag racing scenes with nothing else, good luck in finding the movie playing anywhere longer than a week.
    I hope there is lots of "drama"...ie good acting and storyline! or the movie will bomb and you will be lucky to find it in a DVD movie discount bin at Wallmart!

8. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

hope to see it on the big screen,, 2 drive inns,, with in 70 miles of me,,maybe it will show at one of those,,,, but i will buy it on dvd if i have to just to see it,,,

9. Yeah, I saw at least 10 modern day bloopers in the trailer (modern safety signs etc)..looks like a low budget film..

10. cole

cole

1978 Mongoose, US Nationals winner. all fixed.

Attached Files:

11. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Munsters Dragula @ lions episode was the greatest drag racing movie ever
    [​IMG]

12. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

both munsters cars will be at the wheel of time macungie event this year ,,,

13. List of theatres is mostly NHRA venue cities.

14. wish this was playing remotely close to me... nearest is reading which is about 4 hours

15. raymay

raymay

Saw Snake & Mongoose vehicles while cruising Woodward last Wednesday. They were going to be displayed at a theater. Talked to someone who saw the movie and they said it was pretty good.

Attached Files:

16. Sounds like we're gonna have to wait for the DVD...

Dustin

17. Judging by the "actors" (mostly of the TV variety) list on Wikipedia, I have only heard of two of them, one being from Beverly Hills 90210, not a good sign. John Heard is a decent character actor, he may be good as Keith Black. There isn't even a link to the guy playing Tom McEwen.

For some reason motorsports movies almost always suck, Heart Like a Wheel being a notable(if not historically accurate) exception.

18. So...........no-one's seen it yet? The silence is deafening!

19. Houston has the Honors soon !

20. BTW as far as drag race movies go prolly the most entertainment would be the youtube combined footage of all the Milner parts from AM Graf 2, and that ol chestnut "Hot Rod (1979)". "It will stand!"

21. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

so this movie is only headed to cities with NHRA tracks ???? WTH,,,,,im in the middle of reading and englishtown,,,, it only says projected,,,nothign concrete,,,

22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

spoke briefly with the snake at Bonneville last week. Didn't ask him about the movie. I will watch it if it's on Pay For View. Which Worlds Fastest Indian should be.

23. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Hollywood Fluff
    Poor Casting

24. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Im gonna see it when it gets to Houston... Regardless of what is said about it. No movie can be absolutly perfect in everyones eyes. Nitpicking it apart makes some guys feel better about themselves... But its just entertainment... Not a test to see who can put it down the most.

25. abone1930

abone1930

When is it suppose to be in Houston?

26. abone1930

abone1930

I see . projected no date as of yet if any :mad:

27. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

I recently received an order from Jegs. They included a nice 8x10 poster of the movie in the box with my parts. I liked the poster enough to stick it in a cheap frame and hang it in my garage. :)

28. greybeard360

greybeard360

I just checked the web site, the movie will be at Grapevine Mills AMC (D/FW area) theater Sept. 13

Guess where I will be??? :)

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

The actors appear to be cast pretty well to me. I hope it makes it to Bowling Green.