Register now to get rid of these ads!

Welcome!

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Ryan, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Welcome to the HA/GR forum... We are just getting this thing started, so be patient. In time, this will be the place to get your questions answered.

2. hey ryan...
    thanks.

3. KS Fats

KS Fats

Ditto on what altered pilot said; thanks ! I'd like to start out with a question: Looking at the requirements as a down the road project has any-one tried to run just 2nd and high (manual box)? Given the tire restrictions it seems like it would be feasable. (At my age I will probably be lucky to execute one shift much less two). I think a stock weight flywheel might give the inertia to make this work; any thoughts?

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

might be a good idea to start new threads if you have a question like that.

5. KS Fats

KS Fats

Sorry; excuse my lack of computer etiquette... Got cought up in the moment and not well versed in these things anyway.

6. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

We(Ram Rods) and the Speed Merchants run 2nd and high gear. We tried low gear for awhile but we couldn't get off the line without excessive tire spin.

7. recycler

recycler

Thanks Ryan for this forum and the HAMB drags website. Cool stuff happening here.
    Brad

8. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Thanks Ryan for the chance to have all this fun stuff in one corner. Can't wait to get started on mine...

9. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Thanks, Ryan. Just found this today and it is marked as one of my favorites.

10. Awesome! Thanks Ryan.

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Ryan. . .

muchas gracias mi fresco hermano

12. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Where are the rules for building a Hamb dragster...thinking about one...maybe a 6.

M.

13. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

Hey I have read a lot of comments on Bangers and ohv conversions
    for use in HA/GR , is there any change in the rules?? Just asking not trying to change anything Collecting parts for a build
    thanks Ken

14. nexxussian

nexxussian

Glad to see this forum is new and I haven't been missing it.

Thanks Mr. Ryan.

15. 348chevy

348chevy

Ryan how do we put a photo for an avatar above our sign in when we post something. Sorry for the lack of knowledge of computors. Roy

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Three years, five months, one week, three days and some hours ago this HA/GR sub-site was begun.

I've enjoyed it immensly and taken it to heart, building and racing one of these cars. It's taken me back into a hobby I'd loved as a teenager, in a manner that's as much fun now as it was then. A hobby I'd given up for dead due to it's growth and subsequent change from it's origins.

As I prepare the car for another season I realize it's become a part of me such that I haven't had for rather a long time. For myself, the things this site has brought about have made this time of my life.

I believe I'll stick around a bit. :cool:
    Thanks, Ryan.

17. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Ok dumb question here :rolleyes: but what's a HA/GR?

18. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

HA/GR is a class for home built vintage style dragsters. Look in the post below, "HA/GR Rules" and it pretty well explains it. The true HA/GR cars run pre 1962 inline engines or flathead V8s and vintage style carbs with manual transmissions, (yes, people actually have to be able to shift gears), and 6" bias-ply treaded rear tires there are a couple of off shoot classes here for those who like the old style cars, but want to run later model engines, automatic transmissions and four barrel carbs. Search SDRA, (they can run radial tires) and North West Dragsters, (they can run slicks).

Lots of pictures here if you are interested. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612160

Grab a pile of parts and join the insanity.

19. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Thanks for the link. looks like a cool class unfortunately I don't have the $$$ to build a flathead the "No Automatics" is deal breaker for me.:( However if they allow push button trannys???

20. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Check out the SDRA cars, they run automatics if that's what you want.

21. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

22. robsimmons

robsimmons

Looks like a good candidate to me... :)

It's a '33 Chevy frame I picked up locally (Louisville). It will be a Slant 6 HA/GR build. Looking for a 3 or 4 speed now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018