Register now to get rid of these ads!

13'hamb drags.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ryno

ryno

thanks to everyone that makes this weekend the high light of my year!

ive sat and pondered , now i could express my feelings, and thoughts about this event, the people, the HAMB family, and well i just cant!

heres a few cliff notes of my weekend.

i have a few people to thank. on friday while out at the track setting up the vip area and putting up tents, carl mentioned his tech guys where sick. i thought, shit, that's gonna postpone the racing action. so i quickly made some calls and gathered a team willing to help give up a couple hrs of the parking lot party to help me get this done.

kerry, malcom, jho, you guys are hero's, thank you for jumping when i asked for help. much appreciated. i think it went smoothly. there where a few cars that didn't have the correct safety features that where told so on friday tech, but somehow where racing on sat!

that leads us to the friday pm
    vagabonds brat bbq.
    zman, gv gordan, no surf, blacktopbudda, barnfindt, if i forgot anyone sorry, you guys are awesome. people look forward to your delicious fixins every year, and you guys always come through.

visit with friends and family
    Austin crew, i love you
    Omaha crew,the continentals, bob k , travis,denise, rusty and ryder, bill, vagabonds, rashy, bp ,j russel,kevin, tammy, to all my homies, much love.i know ive forgotten alott of you, sorry.

my wife!
    long roof larry, no more strawberries! i need her help and support sat am, and well it just doesn't happen with you around!

to the burn out kings. please don't come back next year!

shake ryans brothers hand. nice to meet ya keith.

sat am,
    my shop. i started this 7 years ago as a place to stop and make some last minute adjustments or swap out slicks etc on the way to track for the racers, and to give the non races a place to hang out and hopefully not crowd the hwy waiting to get in. it has turned out to be a huge successful event. this year we had numerous cars that need something.

thanks to all that come out and support me on this. i need more doughnuts for next year!

zamn, rebuild of jag rear suspension. thanks to nigel, kirk, uncle john and all that helped get that going.
    jho, weld radiator support/shell, slicks
    bulletproof1, go over everything from the henry j's madian voyage to capture the yay-hoo cup, proud of you man!
    denise, wheel that was ready to fall off!
    bob k, on thrusday i replaced his pass side wheel bearing, that same side that gave him issues on his Alaska trip. 180k miles strong!

sat track time.
    what can be said about ryan and the family!
    you are a lucky man to have such a supportive crew behind you!
    im glad you got to enjoy some racing action, and i for one am really looking forward to what you bring to the table next year with your new found charge on this event.
    carl and crew, you guys are amazing. ive never seen so many spectators that you had to use the pit side entrance for over flow. good job.

sat pm
    hotel p lot. this is one of those time, i wished i had more energy, cause sat night for me is the time that i really cherish, the core group. dont want the party or weekend to end.

can we make this a quarterly event, cause im almost ready to do it again now!

2. JRussell

JRussell

I had the best time this weekend hanging with your family, Thank you for all that you and your wife do , you guys rule!! Later homie!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Ryno, kudos to you for keeping the dipshits doing burnouts in the parking lot in check. Yeah,they are cool, but the first time they hit another vehicle, or God forbid someones kid, this event is over for all of us. Gotta admit that the hotels and law enforcement give us a Lot of leeway that weekend.

4. Wow Ryno, you are all things to all people! Thanks for all your efforts!!!! :)

5. tjmercury

tjmercury

Had a blast!, as always! Thanks for all you do!

6. atomickustom

atomickustom

I can't believe I missed it this year, and with such perfect weather, too! I was just ready to leave the house Saturday to head to the track when my son threw up all over me and himself. By the time I got us all cleaned up I'd burned up the precious few hours that I'd carved out of a busy family weekend and just pouted for a while instead. So my entire HAMB Drags experience amounted to hanging out at the Holiday Inn parking lot for an hour Friday afternoon on the way home from work. Damn.

7. Rusty

Rusty

Thank you bud, good times for sure!

8. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

Ryno, thanks for putting in the hours to make this such a great event. Let me know how I can help next year. I'm just down the road and look forward to this every year and would love to lend a hand.

9. ryno

ryno

Told ya I'd forget some VIP!
    Big ken, always a pleasure to see ya!

10. Brandi

Brandi

You and your fam are THE BEST, Ryno! I feel like we can't thank you enough for all you do.

11. couldn't do it without ya

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

13. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Although Long Roof Larry was the instigator, blame me for the strawberry bombs. :D Although alot of outta state guys would only be able to do a once a year thing, i'd be up for adding another get-together!
    Great work everybody!

14. Thanks for having us at the doughnut feed! The HAMB drags is a difficult event because I'm a teacher and school always starts the Monday after the drags... but it's so worth it! It motivates me to get my school stuff prepared in advance.

One other perk for the drags for me is the Family reunion. Both of actual family and friends. My uncles (haychrishay and Hayautomotive) drive down from Des Moines and I come up from Texas. If it wasn't for this event, we wouldn't see each other very often. Also to all the HAMB family I see once or twice a year... salt of the earth they are!

The CrossMembers CC also got to meet together informally to plan some fun upcoming events!

15. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Man o Man, you sure have a way with words...Glad I got to see you again; and meet Moose and his sedan.

Kansas twang??? I can remember when we first met at HAMB Drags #...We were riding in Jays `64 rag top...you were talking about going through Peabody [Mass]
    It sounded to me like you were going through puberty...You guys from the east coast talk funny!!!

16. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Shit I forgot to thank Ryno for his hospitality...he`s an important guy to have around the hamb...He gets things done...

I still can`t get over the paint on his pick-up...it`s FARRR OUUUT Man.

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

As always... can't wait until next year...

19. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Ryno, anything you ever need to help, do not hesitate to ask man, you do SO MUCH!

My wife ( The Lovely Terry) really enjoyed visiting with you mom on Saturday morning. There is a garage here in town where old gearheads meet on Sat mornings and tell lies and wrench on whatever needs fixin, your place has the same feel with a lot more folks and some who just met, all havin a good time.

You Rock Dude!

The Gordons

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Ryno- Thanks for everything you've done to help make this great weekend happen each year! I always have a great time in Joplin and it most certainly wouldn't be the same without you and your family involved.

Malcolm

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

October Kansas HAMB Cookout first Saturday of October every year....

Sunflower Swapmeet in Wichita first weekend in February every year....

Mid-West HAMB-B-Q in April every year.....

22. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

Love you brother.

23. ryno

ryno

thanks for all the kind words guys and gals.
    i still find myself sitting here smiling and laughing at some thoughts from this weekend.

on a side note, i had a local hot-rodder that has been going to mid west drags strips all his life and mo-kan since since 63 come by the shop yesterday. he said that was the most fun and most crowded he has ever seen mo-kan and it so excited for next year. hes attended every hamb drags, and quite honestly, came by my shop a couple of weeks ago and said he probably would not be coming this year, he felt it lost its small time throw back feel. not so much any more, then with the big crowd, he and his friends had a great time.

on the other hand, i have had a few people bitch about the parking lot Friday night, but i think we have, and will continue to handle that.

24. jho

jho
    from Omaha

Thanks for everything ryno! Ill look for that screw driver tonight i dont think i used one but ill look

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ryno, thanks for being there for me each and every year. Your presence in Joplin makes it easier on my mind to not only be able to drive the 820 miles to the event but to run my car hard on the track....or not so hard depending on who I'm racing. :D

Love ya and miss ya already:cool:

26. Other than the guy in the 38 chevy pretending to have too much motor and not enough stall leap-frogging around and the 39 Ford coupe doing hole shots, I have no idea what you're talking about:rolleyes:

27. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Ryno, your one of the good ones. Thanks for all you do. You and your family are great and always look forward to seeing you all. Gary

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'm just sorry i got delayed (again!) on friday, we didn't make it down until 8:00. it kills me to miss out on so much of the parking lot action.

thanks for stashing my bumper, if i could have spent more time at your place, i would have. what an awesome shop!

29. ryno

ryno

no worries man, im glad it all worked out. good seeing ya .