Register now to get rid of these ads!

Red Field Hershey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 27 Tall T, Aug 21, 2013.

1. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

For the first time I have two vending spots at the AACA fall meet at Hershey RSE 17 & 18
    As I remember this area is on a steep slope. Anyone know for sure?

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm getting old, but I don't recall any spots at Hershey being on a steep slope.

In any event, I'll make sure to stop by and take a look-see at what ya got !

3. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

RSE 17 & 18 are behind the Stadium Three or four rows down from the building. I think Speedway Motors is in the first row. Old race car parts also in first row

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

5. F&J

F&J

I'd bet he is remembering the REAL old days there when it was 2 fields, and then at that point when it went to 2 fields, the old small original field was called the red field? The upper part of the old field sure was on a steep hill.

6. 5window

5window

That was a LONG time ago. Everything's on one side of the road now, the Giant Center side, and everything's paved-except the car show area for Saturday-that's til grass.

It must be getting close-I am keeping track of where my rainsuit is... :)

7. oldolds

oldolds

It's about all a paved parking lot. No real bad grades. A few pieces of lumber just in case. No tent stakes. Being weight to hold tent down in wind. I like 5 gallon gas cans, bring 'em empty fill them up there. No extra weight on the trip. Also they sometimes get upset over tables without pads under the legs. If you are selling heavy things 4" square pieces of plywood under each table leg.

8. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

That row begins to slope down as you walk toward Chocolate World. Nothing that steep; but be prepared with something to level your wheels as Skidmarks mentioned. While one of my favorite spots to see, as more and more of us get older and older- you'll realize a bunch of folks never venture back into that corner of the field. Be sure to get the optional listing in the Region's program- it helps to direct the right people to what you have to sell. You'll have a real short walk to the Saturday morning "condition run" in the stadium; and the "antique" restrooms under the grandstands. See you there.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Congratulations on your first year as a vendor! To be honest that section may not get as much traffic as other areas, but I always spend time over there. Race Car row up front by the Stadium, and there are a lot of vendors with Pre WWII cars and parts. NO TENT PEGS are allowed at Hershey so plan ahead on how to anchor ant tent or pop up cover. I've been day dreaming about Hershey for a month now, 44 years in a row for me. Bob

10. deuce354

deuce354

The "Condition Run' is Friday morning @ 11;00

11. 5window

5window

That might be my favorite part of the whole game but it's so far away from where we have to park that I'm always really hot and tired. Maybe this year I will just walk back there first, the make my way back to the parking lots. Have a great show.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Whenever I go to a fleamarket I walk to the far end and work my back to the gate. As always all HAMB members are welcome to leave items in my spot for day storage, and save that extra walking time to your car and back. Spaces are C4J41-42, last ones on Main Street in the Chocolate field, I'm next to the Brookville trailer if you need a landmark. Bob

13. Last year I saw a lot of people in golf carts and scooters. Being that my knee is hurting more..... What is the AACA Hershey policy on having a cart there?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Stop and see Wes and Wes from R&R restorations GBA 11 and 12. They buy and sell Early Fords and parts.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  15. 5window

5window

If you need a cart, I sincerely hope you get one. OTOH, both Hershey and Carlisle seem to be overwhelmed with carts. I appreciate that we're an aging group (hotrodders and antique car guys) and while I am in favor of everyone attending-I wish they'd learn how to drive! Too many carters act like they own the pathways-not looing where they're going, not giving folks any room. And damn, pull over if you decide to stop and chat with someone going the other way.

What I really wish was that those hugely overweight folks who ride around munching all day long on fried foods and soda would get off their big behinds and do a little walking. Might actually be beneficial.

16. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Man, I know we can't stop progress but I remember the old days of hershey when all the flea market was on grass, a lot easier on the legs and feet. One nice feature about the black top is that you don't have to walk ankle deep in mud. I can remember having to take our shoes off when we got back to our hotel because of the mud. If you go on the AACA web site it has aerial photos of all the past years. I remember when the show cars were in the stadium and planes landing on the airstrip across the road, boy I must be getting old!

17. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

If you are on a slope you are in luck. When the rain pours down you won't be setting in a big puddle of water......

I'm at RCL 28-29. Rest here or leave your stuff.

18. the old Pate had hills....bottoms....mud...dust...and just about everything else....

here's some 80's shots of my o'Stude when I just loaded up the bed to make it down for a day or two...

It was the year that "Year One" was getting going....after they high centered that new goose neck....my little Studie pulled them back off...got a bunch of the new at the time catologs....they didn't have shirts yet....

Scan14_0014.jpg

Scan5_0005.jpg