Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bo Huff Rockabilly Weekend...not Bo Huff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deadgearhead, Aug 21, 2013.

1. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

So I just read that Bo Huff will not be attending and is not even affiliated with the promoters who are putting on the car show in Portland this weekend. Apparently they were using his name without his knowledge. Either just passing this info along to anyone who might be going or seeing if anyone else has the straight scoop.

2. sobpunx

sobpunx

Yeah, our club president was asked if we would be a host club thankfully he declined.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Seems shady all the way around. Now the word is that they had been arranging with his manager to fly him up to Portland to a show they had already been using his name to promote without his knowledge.

4. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Just heard this from Bo. Show has absolutely nothing to do with him. He won't even be there. They just used his name. Some people are idiots.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw April May's post on facebook with his statement saying that he had no connection to that event. I'm not a fan of his work but that is just flat wrong all the way around.
    Looking at their site they even used his picture on the poster.

The same bunch that put the fake American Grafitti cars in the back room of the Portland roadster show a couple of years ago?

6. Old Skool Rodzzz readers are gonna be pissed...

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

All 8 of them? LOOK OUT!:D

8. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Show is now cancelled. Great planning on their part. Probably would have been just another rockabilly poser circle jerk anyway. Admission would have been 20 bucks but there's supposed to be SCCA regional and vintage races and Great American stock car races and late night street drags on the same weekend, so folks could still go and pitch a tent in the campground for the weekend get all of the racing and gearhead stuff they can handle, just with a few less r** r**s to look at.

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Pretty lame, could have been the start of somthing cool in this area. I hope huff doesnt think we are all con artist and come do a show here one day.

10. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

Chris Paul has been named NBA union president! (Yawn) who's Bo Huff?

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

12. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

........Bo Huff has a frikkin manager ????? ......

13. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please give Bo the respect and recognition he deserves . These lame name dropper twats need to be black listed if they can not do a show on their own merits.

Attached Files:

14. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

The folks who were putting the show together (won't name 'em) kept referring to his "manager" who was supposedly representing Bo, but I think it was somebody who sold them a bill of goods.

15. Sounds like someone Huffed, someone puffed, and their show got blown down.

16. thunderplex

thunderplex

Who is Bo Huff? The first time I heard/read that name was here, ...on the HAMB.

17. dan31

dan31

No show! DAMN IT!,i just got a new drum of dippity doo

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Somebody didn't do their homework on this event anyway! Why pick a date that conflicts with the Billetproof Wa. events on the same weekend? It's Vintage Tin in Longview, swap meet, and Drags at Toutle, Wa. Riverdale track the same time?
    Sounds like these people were out of touch with the other event that attracts many of the same folks.

19. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

I would have been pissed if I showed up and he wasn't even there. Stupid!

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has the sounds of a scam to get the rockaisilly folks to send in their preregistration payments on their way to Walmart to get a new jar of Dixie Peach.

21. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Maybe it was a typo and they meant to say "Ho Buff"?

Sounds like they need to stop sniffing the pomade.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That might be rather hard to pass when they had his photo or the photo in their poster.

Either boneheads who thought they could pull a slick one off or boneheads that got scammed by a "promoter" saying that he could get them Bo Huff for the weekend. Or some clowns who think that a guy's image and name are up for grabs. It doesn't matter what one thinks of him or his way of "modifying" cars what they did was fraud and I hope they get nailed to the wall for it.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  23. coonster

coonster
    from nw

Can anyone say lawsuit for using his name and pic!

24. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Some of you guys need to get your noses off the internet once in a while and look around. Bo Huff has been around for a long time, I've met him and he is a real nice dude. You may not care for his work but I doubt if many of you could match it.:cool:

25. slammed

slammed

Cute. More and more lame-o FNG's all the time. Really makes the place more appealing.

26. Met him at Goodguys - Ft. Worth in 2007. Had a couple of beers and spent about 3 hours visiting with him at his shop and museum in East Carbon, UT. in 2009. He is good people and a hellluva craftsman

27. Who is Bo Huff?

Sam

28. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Some guy with a beard who has been building cars for a long time. "Cept he ain't had no reality show on TV. Some folks apparently think that all of the coverage he gets in a couple "kulture" rags is a negative thing and that somebody gives a rat's ass about their opinion of the cars he builds.

29. dan31

dan31

wow slammed ,your kinda a dick