Register now to get rid of these ads!

Over rated??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cavman, Aug 22, 2013.

1. cavman

cavman

A couple weeks ago I was at a swap meet and ran into an old fellow that I knew collected early Ford cars and parts. (Sheds full it is rumored). Any way, I asked him if he had an extra '32 dash that he would be willing to part with. NO. At least that he would sell. He and I and another '32 owner got to talking and the popularity of '32 Fords came up. He got a smirk on his face and said...."I found out years ago that there are two things in life that were over-rated,... teenage pussy, and '32 Fords." :D

2. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

32 Fords have always been my favorite car from when I was a small lad building model cars to now. But the big draw back to them is the cost of the car and their parts. It took me till I was 69 years old before I could afford to buy an unchopped 3w coupe and that was with no fenders or hood. Buying fenders is like buying another car. It almost takes the fun out of the car when every part is so expensive. There is not doubt that 32's have a great attraction but I don't know if its any different than other cars as each has a following of followers. Some people actually hate 32's and its just because of the popularity of the car. Good luck on your quest.

3. You never forget them either. Must have been something special.

4. alchemy

alchemy

If you aren't a '32 owner, why'd you want a '32 dash? Pot calling the kettle black?

5. Abomb

Abomb

I don't know if they are overrated, but they are certainly overpriced in my opinion. I'll never own one at current asking prices....and this is coming from a guy with the other " overpriced dream " the tri 5 hardtop...

6. cavman

cavman

To clear things up a bit, I DO OWN a '32. Someone cut the dash apart 30 years ago and put a piece of wood, ala wabbit, or some such stupid looking thing in it.

Some people are way too damn touchy about '32 fords.

7. I heard that saying years ago from a guy driving a killer '40 Ford Convertible.

I have been obsessed with '32 Fords since I was 12 years old.

So as far as been overrated I have had both and I can say infaticaly I'll take a '32 Ford any day!:D HRP

8. cavman

cavman

So as far as been overrated I have had both and I can say infaticaly I'll take a '32 Ford any day!:D HRP

At my age, I'm much more comfortable driving a '32 Ford. And my chances of going to jail for doing so are far less than the other. :)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

9. Weasel

Weasel

10. cavman

cavman

11. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

hilarious. ^^^

12. Sheep Rodder...That is hilarious.

I wonder what percentage of 32's aren't 350/th350/9 inch/80's tilt column/bucket seats/aftermarket stereo?

As for overrated...NO

Overpriced....YES

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've always loved the looks of a '32 Ford, but I wont ever own one. I am not ready to sell several of my cars to own one steel '32 Ford.

14. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Let me ask this question. 2 identically prepared roadsters down to the last detail, a 31 and a 32. Other than the firewall, doors and about $50,000, what are the big differences? What makes a 32 so much better than the A? The bodies, at quick glance are pretty similar.

Is it the rarity of a one year body? The status of owning one over the other?

I worked on the Deuce 75th show in Pomona so I've been around,sat it,rode in, driven some of the best 32's ever. I still would get the same grin on my face in a Model A. For some guys a Model A is just flat out unacceptable. That has never made sense to me.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1377270144.000695.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Sheep Rodder and Lemmings News....that is some funny stuff.

I don't think a bunch of old guys should be talking about teenage pussy, it may come up in court.

16. .

Neither are over-rated. Both come at a very high cost. Most good things do.

whether either is worth the cost is strictly a matter of opinion.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

This thread has not been approved by the Hamb Deuce Club.

You must refrain from any derogatory remarks concerning Deuces.

Go pick on the Edsel Club, they have thicker skin.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. I wouldn't call them over rated either. There is just something a bit perfect about them. It is the quintessential hot rod. All the others just look a little bit off.
    Of course thats just my opinion, feel free to entertain your own.
    Expensive? A lot of stuff for my 32 are actually cheaper than for my 34 pickup so these old cars are all too expensive.

19. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Simple...............'32 's are the one for me..............and model a's come second

20. Yeah, but you can be 70 with a 32 Ford and no one will call you creepy! :eek::rolleyes:

21. slammed

slammed

Or on the next credit card statement. The whole '32 (esp. RED one's) deal was over saturation by the aforementioned Sheeple.Rodder/Follwer/Wallower Magazine's during the 1980-1999 run. Like the 1969 ( esp. RED one's) Camaro & Hot Rod magazine. A sea of RED lemmings. Same with the accessories an clothes. From that cam ethe great rebellion. The back to basics, primers, flats and beater that broke free form the herd.

22. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Hahahahahahah

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I've owned "A"s, 32, and 34 and have an "A" now.
    But I gotta say the '32 was the coolest, but I sorta wish I had a '34 now. Just like the little bit of extra room, as I'm 6'3" and 245#.

24. Abomb

Abomb

The HAMB tri 5 club is enjoying it though...:D

25. Marcy

Marcy

That "Sheep Rodder" cover is priceless!

Marcy

26. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

If I can get teenage pussy when I'm 70 you can call me whatever you want. I'll be way to busy napping to care. :)

27. wicarnut

wicarnut

Agree w/ cavman, had both, at my age, Love my 32. Theres two types of "Hot Rodders", US that have one and THOSE that want one. I always wanted one and 5 years ago, managed to make it happen. Before this post goes "WILD" "Just Kidding guys" , LOL, I believe the car hobby is about the passion for your cars. I respect all "Hot Rodders" for their efforts and passion for the car hobby, regardless of type, style and finished product. I have total respect for "REAL" old time hot rodders that build everything from nothing, scrap yard pieces to gems, 1000's of hours, years of effort, I have met only a few of these men in my time and thats my story and I'm sticking to it. John

28. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

If ya have an accident with a 32 it's cheaper then an accident with the other I would imagine...... But if ya have a real nice example of either your friends will probably try and steal it or ask for rides all the time :). But honestly I like to drive my cars so I would rather have a 30-31 over a 32..... Hell people around here even if your driving a 28-34 always ask if its a 32

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think the 1932 Ford CHASSIS is perfect for a Hot Rod, just add a 30-31 Roadster body. Bob

30. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

When someone posts pictures from Goodguys or any other major car show, I skip over all the ones with '32 Ford rad shells. I'm tired of seeing so many.
    Now, a '28 '29 Ford roadster is the prettiest thing in my books. But for going on longer rides I would prefer a '33 '34 Ford coupe.