Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects from a 63 year slumber to the "Race of Gentlemen" 33 5 wdw ford "

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HOLLYWQQD, Aug 6, 2013.

1. slammed

slammed

Damned Yankee bump. This thread needs more eye balls and thumbs up for being so very cool.

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

hell yea! Crank that sumbitch out so I have another FH V8 car to whoop up on, hahaha!

3. Go man, go! Looking forward to hearing that this crate is moving under its own power.

4. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

it's starting to look like a real hot rod under the hood . i know the alternator kills the look . i have a couple genny mounts available here and if i have the extra cash before the race i will buy a good 12 volt converted genny

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mounted the re pop beehive oil filter that was kicking around here and the original (i think) eddie meyer fuel block . i think it will be a shame to keep the hood closed on this thing but i just can't get into the look of a 33 34 coupe without a hood while running a stock grill . if it had a deuce grill like my old 34 5wdw did i would totally run it hoodless .

5. slammed

slammed

This car is coming together so very neatly. TTT

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man even if I do turn out to be a complete dick I'd make sure I was on my best behavior if you drove all the way down to North Carolina to help me. :D:D:D:D

All that stuff is true by the way and everyone knows it. Just ask people who's met me, except my stuffed animal is a dog named foofer.

7. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

:) :) :) :)

8. hasty

hasty

Looks fantastic - I'm very jealous

9. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

Hell yes to this thread, that awesome hot rod, and you, sir, for building her!!!!

10. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

it's definitely a group effort !! but thanx for the compliments !!

11. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

i scored an extra set of 4 kelsey hayes bent spoke wheels with firestone ribbed fronts and a set of excelsior racing rear tires but they are only 7.00 x 16 rear tires and i didn't care for the way they got lost in the rear wheel opening so i put the ribs on the front and my 7.50x16 stones on the rear . so now there will need to be another car build to use the extra KH wheels and tires :) here is a couple pics of the race ready stance it is going to jersey with !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. What are those scoops on the 327?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

they were available from a HAMB'r a few years back and i have not seen any for sale in quite a while i had to buy a whole car to get mine (ha ha ) i did hear a rumor that So Cal speed shop was selling them for a while but i don't know

here is the car i bought to get them and when i sold it i threw some frogsmouth scoops on it !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

car went to a HAMB'r up in Canada

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  14. slammed

slammed

WHAT? No red wheels? Black wires were mandatory. Dude, the car has a great stance.

15. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

club brother freddie pomp got the carbs rebuilt today and he and sniff and kustom started fabbing up some headers last night and we finished em up today . Kustom plumbed the beehive and we should be able to fire this thing tomorrow . i started on a board for the trunk to get a fuel cell ,pump, and a battery back there without making anything too permanent cause as i mentioned before this is a temporary deal making this car super nice is my eventual plan ,unless it speaks to me otherwise . the headers started life as a set of beat up flathead lakes headers for the motor flanges and a set pontiac headers for tubes and bends and no offense to pontiac owners but there is very little chance that any of the club guys will ever own one and wish these headers were still available . a wise doctor once told me "friends don't let friends drive pontiacs" here are a couple pics for now and more will come tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'll get some pics of the rest of the headers tomorrow they managed to leave the 3 tube collectors intact and ready to eventually run full exhaust if needed . came out well and the rusty pipes fit the rest of the cars current patina so they don't look so out of place !!

16. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

awesome car, you have made serious progress in a short time, keep up the great work!

17. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Of course i forgot my camera tonight when i went to kustoms shop but 33 officially runs for the first time since 1949 . it needs some tweakin' but this fukker runs !!!!

here is a link to a video freddie pomps sister took of he and kustom messing with her a little on initial start up and posted on my facebook page !!

https://www.facebook.com/justin.altman.39

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

can't wait to see the vid! and the car in person at ROG!

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I'm liking the progress you are making on your coupe! Great work!

20. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

trouble in paradise !!! when we fired it up the other day i thought i heard a bit of engine noise i wasn't liking but it seemed to go away pretty quick as the oil pressure came up . then again i have never had a flathead in any of my hot rods before so i thought maybe it was just valve noise that i was going to need to live with . but either way we kept it in mind ! we were having issues with the carbs so we called it a night and fired it again for the second time yesterday and the noise was back . after i jumped in the car while it was on stands to run it through the gears and make sure all was good with the tranny the noise made itself clear what it was . as soon as i started to push in the clutch it started wrapping and knockin bad . we pulled the inspection cover off the tranny and realized that the pressure plate is contacting the inside of the tranny bell pretty bad !! not sure what is the cause of this but we are going to have to pull the torque tube ,tranny ,and rear end this weekend to do some investigating . could be spacers behind the flywheel moving everything too close to the trans ,maybe the fly wheel is the wrong one ,or in wrong, who knows . it's definitely not a game ender since there are plenty of spare parts around the shop to make it work ,it's just a bunch of time that could have been spent on other things . so until this weekend i will have no pics or progress to report . we did start lettering the car and i'll throw up some pics of that after we get it done ! i was flipping through an old hop up mag and found an article on eddie meyer and since i'm running the original eddie meyer high rise on this motor i thought it would be neat if we were to throw his logo on the car somewhere for the race . and in that article i was reading there was a photo of a scrap piece of paper with a bunch of eddie meyer logo ideas sketched on it by George Duvall( yes the windshield guy) i decided it would be cool to use a logo that i liked from those sketches . here is a pic of the page and it'll have to be a surprise which one i went with !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  21. No worries buddy. Thanks for that.

Ps, love the eddie Meyer idea. I try collect anything related to him.

22. Flatoz sells those rat scoops. Shoot him a PM. I've sold a bunch of them for him at swap meets over the years. They're usually $45 each.

23. Thanks mate.

24. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

had to go into full mockup again to get a few pics today !! enjoy !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

26. This should be a wake up call to all those guys that sit on a car and parts waiting to collect the parts for a perfect build. Just like back in the day. Take what you got, slap it together and run it!

27. slammed

slammed

It is TRADITIONAL as it gets. Its a build! This poor old car was outside for decades waiting for a guy like this to come along and save her! So many spoiled rodders (only NON Rusted cars will do) would have passed this one along or by completely.

28. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

That's awesome Justin. Was 46 a number Al used?

29. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

yes 46 was Als racing number . i was originally thinking 33 for obvious reasons i also like the number 13 but figured i better run Als number since this is kinda a tribute to him , then it hit me that my number choices add up to his number so it was meant to be . also it turns out that al was born in jersey and was no stranger to beach racing(daytona) so it seems like it all kinda fell into place here for some reason .

30. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

You really raised the dead in record time.

I'm looking forward to checking her out t the show!