Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wasp/hornet removal under a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by partsdawg, Aug 21, 2013.

1. 2racer

2racer

do you have a swimming pool?

2. didgeytrucker

didgeytrucker

I have had good results with Liquid Wrench and Windex (original blue with ammonia).

3. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

4. stimpy

stimpy

had a car that was brought up from georgia in the spring , car sat out side till summer , damn hting was covered inside with mud daubers , we had a overseas container on the lot so we rolled it in there and bombed it for 2 days , you could find all the air leaks in the container as thats were they piled up at . spent a week scraping them nest off of the car and they were everywhere behind panels and under the dash .

5. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Terrible advice, I own a pest control company and can tell you that this will not work. If it did work I would use this method without having to use expensive products. For the average do it your self homeowner who wants to tackle this kind of thing themselves I would recommend directly injecting a insecticide dust into the nest opening or directly spraying wasp freeze on small hives that are under the car. Also don't shine a light at the nest at night time and spray them because they will boil out and attack that light source.

6. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

So all this talk about how to kill the critters and all I want to know is what kind of car are we talking about?........

7. cbillelder

cbillelder

WD-40 works real well, too.
    Knocks 'em down instantly.

8. Some wasps built a nest right over my shop door, I'm old fat and crippled . I can't move fast when the shit hits the fan, so I did a drive by with some spray. That way I figured I could roll the window up and beat it. Hosed the little buggers down with out incident.

9. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

------------
    Yeah. ditto on that. Wasps BAD....but
    bees, GOOD and NECESSARY..and
    becoming ENDANGERED. :(

Mart3406
    ===================

10. George

George

You seen the Threads on burning Brake Cleaner?:confused:

11. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

1965 Dodge A100 pickup

12. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

I just wish I could find somebody
    who's garage or barn was overrun
    with a severe infestation of Hudson
    Wasps and Hornets!! If so, I'd be
    only too happy to help them out
    of their dilemma!!!:D:D

Mart3406
    ============

13. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

My thoughts exactly! If you have to remove Wasps from a Wasp, or Hornets from a Hornet you are basically left with nothing!

14. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I have been killing bees all summer. I was trimming bushes last fall, and thought it was raining. NOPE. I hit a football sized nest.... They where bangin into me, but no stings..... I was lucky...

This year Yellow Jackets, Wasps, Hornets.... I lit a fire under my front deck in the middle of the night. Wasted a bunch of-um. But they managed to build in another location..... 5 cans of spectracide later, the battle continues....

15. Model T1

Model T1

Holey crap you guys are getting desparite. Burned the deck and half the house down but at least no more hornets. And all that bug killer will probably give all the neighbors cancer.
    Move to Florida. All we have are Gators and killer snakes.

16. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

No it didn't hurt the deck.... I was pissed because I couldn't work around the front of my house, and the mail man had trouble walkin as well....
    Lit a fire under the deck, listened to them pop..... then put it our with a hose once the popcorn was done

17. We thought we got them all when we moved the chevy II,,,don't forget to spray the exhaust pipe,,the red wasp love places like that and showed thre displeasure with me.:eek: HRP

18. CO2 fire extinguisher. It will freeze them.

19. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

That's some scary shit...

20. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Make that car go 100mph, and that should do it

21. 2lowmerc

2lowmerc

Brake cleaner at night

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Brake cleaner and CO2 extinguisher for backup and do it at night.

23. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Brake cleaner and a pair of sneakers is how I do it... :D

24. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I am a wassie I would call a bee man, we are getting the African bees here and they are killing dogs and people when stung.

25. Model T1

Model T1

Me too! But make sure you know your wife's shoe size.
    When we first moved here to the boonies of Florida I was out front weedwhacking at dusk. Started getting stung by hornets. Ran to the garage and got a small board and some gas. Poured gas down the Hornet hole, put the board on it, and ran like hell.

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A good friend of mine recharges fire extinguishers. I asked him if he had any of the old metal ones out of the public schools...He dropped one off, and I poured 1/2 gallon of Diesel in, then pressurized the schrader valve with 40 PSI.

Diesel is a nice 'medium', it has oil qualities that prevent rusting, and kills yellow jackets, wasps, and hornets GRAVEYARD DEAD. It'll squirt 30 feet, and I'm as good a shot with it as my 1911 .45 ACP.

27. Sort of related story - had a a friend who bought a Scotty trailer that he found to be infested with ants. Towed it into his spray booth, cranked the heat up and watched them all scramble to the drain in the floor to escape.

28. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I prefer the CO2 extinguisher also. Spraying flammables around can end up badly.

29. GTS225

GTS225

I suggest you think about that. I've compared "Spectracide", (the Menard's brand label), with other quality sprays, and Spectracide ain't worth squat. Most decent brands will drop a wasp or hornet quick........you hit one with Spectracide, and it'll have more than enough time to exact revenge on your surprised ass.

Wasps and hornets have a very hard time seeing in dim light. Wait until nightfall, and do as the others have suggested with bug bombs. By nightfall, most all of them will be back in the nest, with the very few that get caught too far away, and you'll be able to kill the entire colony.

Roger

30. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Nailed the wasps.Raid wasp/hornet killer did the job.Wore a snowmobile suit,helmet and neck warmer plus a pair of welding gloves.Yes,my buddy thought it was funny right up to the time he got stung and he ran away yelping like a little girl.
    No mo wasps.
    Bad news was it was a epic fail to load the truck.All 4 wheels are locked up so it will be another trip on a weekend when I have more time to free things up.Even drug it backwards and forwards with a skid steer trying to free them up.
    No pictures as I was hot and ticked off that it wouldnt roll.
    Thanks for all the suggestions and stories.