Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. RUMBLON

RUMBLON

Not a Studebaker guy yet but looking for the right truck, 40s or 50s in the Idaho area? Planning on building one with a MOPAR drivetrain as a daily driver. maybe on a Dakota platform! Also looking for a 40s era DODGE or PLYMOUTH TRUCK. NORTH OF BOISE

RUMBLON

2. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Were in with a 1949 Studebaker 2R5 Pickup...

3. I have 2 m-5s and a sliding roof wagonaire '63 in Billings

Attached Files:

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I just got a 63 wagon it's not running yet. But am excited all the same.

5. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

I'm not exactly a Stude guy but am going the other way. I picked up this champ motor was built by Bill Carthcart, all tricked out with vintage speed parts, performance cam oversized valves etc...it was advertised here on the HAMB, I'm a sucker for finned aluminium and vintage speed parts. Anyway

I have a '27 Chevy 3 window and think this is the perfect power plant. It is backed up a few projects but mentally right up front!

I can't seem to find any pix of the car just now, there is one in my profile if anyone wants to see.

I figure to drop the top, fenderless, drop axle out front and the Blue Bowtie with some yet to be sound Stude emblems somewhere.

Cheers!

PS: I have 5 of these motors, only 1 with speed goodies but 4 more that will be good for rebuild and all sorts of heads, intakes etc... Far more than I will ever need I expect.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

7. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I traded for a 53 Champ I think, see my Avatar, always wanted one, far from getting to it, I think it would be sweet with a Olds 330 and a 4 speed, got a couple of those so may set it up for that.
    If I ever get to it!

8. injunjoes

injunjoes

Here's one I recently finished up,its now at the upholstery shop,sorry maybe a few unhamb friendly things on it

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

9. Just got a 54 studebaker myself. Will get some pictures soon

My trophy case has a trophy case!

10. not sure of the late LS mounts.....but Stude put the bowtie's in 1965/66 so there are factory mounts for a SBC - the tras mount for those years were for a PowerGlide....have em' if I can dig them out/remember where they are....?

11. Studegator

Studegator

I love that "the skeeter hawk"

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Count me in! I am a long time member of the SDC but have never been on their forum.

I have a '56 Sky Hawk.........bought about 10 years ago in driving condition with an extremely sound body. A few years after, it had a head gasket start leaking and the tranny slobbering fluid all over the floor, so I parked it.

It currently is in my shop, sans engine and tranny, waiting for a repower. Either a Caddy 390 or late '50s Mopar Hemi, I have both on hand.

I'll post pics when I find them....I know I have them somewhere.

Ray

13. edweird

edweird

love it!

14. edweird

edweird

always love this one!

15. funk 49

funk 49

I'll chime in late with my 1949 2r5.

16. did i hear someone say studebaker? i have a 53 2r5 c cab pickup.
    theres some of us out there,not many tho.

17. CGkidd

CGkidd

Anyone know of a clean set of 52 champion head light bezels? I need a set for project I am working on.

18. billmac

billmac

i am in too, 49 starlight coupe and 55 packard patrician both stock NOW

19. Update,I threw a .709 lift cam (was .600) in my pumpgas Stude,went out a couple weeks ago and all I did was uncork the drag plugs and bolt on my 14-32s,went 10.91 @122.87 with my bonneville gears(4.88s) and crossin the stripe at 6000 rpm...this motor peaks at 7000 rpm....I ruined 3 sets of 5.38s in my Olds rearend and am gettin ready to put in my 5.57s! i am hopin for 10.70s @125....time will tell....still all in all 3300lbs. is alotta Stude to launch....specially at 7500!

Attached Files:

20. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Here's my son's '54 Conestoga trailer queen. We built it when he was in high school and he drove it to Texas to college. Many round trips before he graduated. This was taken near Mountainair, New Mexico. Supercharged 289 Stude V8, T-5. 9" ford posi. It was all Studebaker at first.

[​IMG]

21. CGkidd

CGkidd

With all the stude people here hope someone can help. I have a 50 champion I am doing as a gasser. I am rebuilding the rear suspension and noticed the driverside shackle is 1/2" longer than passenger. Should I keep it the way it came or get another shackle so they both match?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Had the same thing on my 55' not positive why they did it. Just kept the long one on drivers side. Had forgotten about it till I saw this.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I didn't notice that on the '54 wagon but it was probably there. It was probably an attempt to deal with torque and the flexible frame. The V8s sometimes pulled the left front motor mount apart. Though I doubt the '50 Champ had a great deal of torque. Something that did throw me was that the engine and trans were offset to the right with holes present to offset it to the left. I suppose that was for right hand drive cars. You gotta' love 'em!

24. edweird

edweird

yep

25. vilanar

vilanar
    from Finland

Ha, I´m in with `40 Commander Coupe. All stock now , but not for long.
    Anyone have 2x2 intake for big Six ?

Ari

26. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I've been building a 55 Commander 2 dr sedan for 5 years now, and the owner had a guy in south Mississippi put a 5th avenue k member in it a long time before the project wound up with me. The 5th avenue k frame was welded into the original frame after it was sliced.Dont know if the set up will steer good or not.
    Anyway, I am getting close to the 1st drive. It has a 440 mopar in it with a 727 torqueflite, and a ford 8.8 rear. A Monte Carlo tilt column. The exhaust is a issue as there is one place in the crossmember for a pipe. But there is a pair of torque boxes that will be in the way also so the pipes will have to hang a little low.If you have one of this type and have pics of your setup,please post the pics.

Randy

27. txcr13

txcr13

Finally getting started on my '46 Businessman's coupe.
    Swapped the front clip for a '41, better looking grills and bumper. Using a '40 Willys dropped front axle on Speedway leaf springs. Rear is 8.5 10 bolt on plain Jane leaf spring setup.
    I really like 3 pedal cars, so plans include a Muncie trans. Not a fan of hydraulic clutch, but not going to kill myself trying to get a mechanical linkage fabbed up...maybe. Frame almost finished being boxed, with added cross members. Also added rectangular tube rails inside the original frame rails for about 4' both sides.
    Wanting to use cross steering to eliminate bump steer. Steering shaft will probably use a swivel under the dash before it passes through the firewall, to get the right angle.
    Should be able to use an SBC with short water pump and belt driven fan, and only need to dimple the firewall just a bit, after relocating the radiator forward inside the radiator bracket. Good news, as the Stude firewall looks nice as is, nice lines and excellent shape...no previous cutting, drilling or rust. Brother has a 500 Cad engine, which I thought about, also considered a hot 235 straight 6, but I have some SBC stuff I need to use up, so going that way.
    Paint, body and interior seem light years away right now. I may just get it sorted out mechanically and drive as is, at least for a while. It is rusty, but body is very straight and no exterior rust-throughs. Floor pans and trunk pan are different story. Can't find replacements, so will just have some fabbed up.

28. bamajak

bamajak

I tried to post my 59 Lark project but I had too many after 65 parts so I was banished. I am going to post my lightly custom/hot rod 1959 Starliner when I find some pre 1965 air for the tires.

29. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I've been building a 55 Commander for a guy for a while

Attached Files:

30. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I love this car! Bet you like it too and I bet she gets plenty of attention....Joe