Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '62 Ford Unibody LSR Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Mar 23, 2011.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Congrats on your efforts Tim. 5 mph faster than before, on the salt, is nothing to be disapointed about.

I'm sure the entire HAMB family was sitting on the edge of our bench (race bench that is) waiting to hear the news.

Take a breath & good luck @ El Mirage!

Again - Good showing. You da man.

2. Glad Your Home Safe and Sound!

X2 Timmer, just have to go gettum next year, maybe you need a flathead push truck..........<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

3. Good on you for living it while many of us sit back and watch. Sounds like a great trip all in all.

4. Here's the second best run of the week. 145 mph

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ySahPvsVodw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. 65COMET

65COMET

Tim;do you run a four speed?If so,which trans?It sounded like it was spinning the tires in the first three gears,is that typical?That Y-Block really sounds strong! ROY.

6. T5 but only running the first 4.

7. The new 304 sure doesn't sound like it's working very hardto hit the revs...sounds silky smooth (in a bad ass, piss your pants kind of way)!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Ole don

Ole don

My gawd that's a long time to hold the little Y at seven grand. Its stout, no doubt!
    Ya done good on a questionable course, and ya kept the back behind where it belongs. Pats on the back!!

9. It revs like an F1 car, instantly

Tim did a killer job, that truck was all over the place. The salt was so snotty that even long wheelbase lakesters were spinning.

10. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Thanks for the ride Timmy. That's one fine sounding Y-block!

11. Thanks for the comments guys! This engine does rev with ease and it is hard to keep the tires from spinning. The condition of the combo course on Sun. was less than stellar but it was still a fun ride. I think before the year is out we may just have a 150 time at Elmo. ;)

Anyway, here's the best run of Speed Week 2013. If you listen to me at the end you can tell even I was impressed. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p4zGRCP5ylE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Very very cool Timmer she sounds G R R R E A T !!!!

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks for the vids, Looks like a fun time, Congrates ,,,, Tim Jones

14. Here's a few pix from the event.

Waiting in Tech line.

[​IMG]

Tech inspection, they were kind of tough on me this year. Thought my tubing was too small. It's only passed ten other inspections. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Back in the pits tuning with Tman.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. supervert

supervert

hey tim, it was good to meet you. we had a blast at checking out all the cool stuff. i even ran into a uncle that i havnt seen in 20 years (bud stark) with a twin engine blown sbc streamliner that he plans on going over 450 in.
    i wish we could of stayed longer and i also wished i would of used some sunscreen. i looked like this :mad: when i left.

16. Glad you had fun! Sun screen is a must out there. ;)

17. Notice my long sleeve UV shirt, hat and long pants;)

That and spray sunscreen is your friend. Barely got a tan.

18. Waiting in staging.

[​IMG]

You meet all kinds. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me and my "Crew Chief". :D

[​IMG]

Looking down the "combo course".

[​IMG]

Time to get ready!

[​IMG]

19. Ready to go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Down at the other end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming to pick me up.

[​IMG]

A good photo opp!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tucked away for the night.

[​IMG]

Hangin' with some friends at the Nugget! :D

[​IMG]

20. Here's a few Carpspics of the best sounding car or truck as the case may be on Bonneville for 2013.

Getting ready.

[​IMG]

Are you ready?

[​IMG]

On the way&#8230;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back for more&#8230;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Da man&#8230;.

[​IMG]

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great batch of new photos there and congrats on bumping your speed up a bit. Went faster than last time has a nice ring to it.

22. 63Compact

63Compact

Congrats on the result, bring on next year

23. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Good stuff Tim. Ya commin' to Mirage? Will say HI.

24. Thanks for sharing Tim.. Jake singin' sounds sweet..great pics..well done!

25. Carps, thanks for the photos! I never can get any good shot of the truck moving down the course.

El Mirage? You bet we'll be there! I have a few things that I've figured out on the engine and I think 150 is doable before the year is out. See you there!

26. Keith presenting me with the "Rolling Bones Y-Block Challenge" Trophy. See if I can keep it next year. :D

[​IMG]

27. Mart

Mart

Ho Lee Chit I never heard a Y-Block winding like that before. I think I have too much mechanical sympathy. I'd have to shift up.

Credit to you, what you have done is a great achievement.

Mart.

28. Carps, great to see you and Don again! Awesome shots!

29. I've been offered free room, board and travel for me and "Jake" the Uni LSR to Lake Gairdner Austrailia. All I have to do is pay to get us to Melbourne. Only around $10,000. What to do? Sell one of my cars?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

30. studeboy

studeboy

Sponsors? Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Don't get to go to Australia everyday.

Sent from my EVO using H.A.M.B. mobile app