Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods sold the tudor and picked up an F-1... pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty8tudor, Aug 20, 2013.

1. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

hated to do it but wanted to concentrate more on the RPU i have been working on and didnt need two big projects sitting around, sold the 28 sedan to another hamb member close by and the empty garage space lasted about 3 days.

Drove by this truck for about 6 years and always liked it. best part is i am friends with the guy who originally built the truck, and the guy he sold it to that i bought it off of, so i know the complete history of the truck. second owner painted it the way it is now.

specs.... cab is from a 51 fire truck, fiberglass front fenders, bed and rear fenders came from new mexico, mustang II front suspension, 302\aod. truck runs and drives down the road better then my ot truck. ive been driving it daily for the past couple weeks since i bought it with the exception of a couple rainny days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

trying to teach my nephew the right direction to go haha

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  2. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

Good looking F1. I'm making slow progress on mine, looking forward to the day when I can drive it. Also, I thought all 51's had the larger back window, but I could be mistaken. Good idea to get the youngsters involved in the hobby.

3. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Cool!! I love those F-1's!! Love the shot of the little dude too! He's a happy camper and you can tell that you've planted the seed in his little head! He'll be a rodder too!!! Have fun!!

4. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Yeah the 51s had the big window but this an was off an f7 fire truck and those bigger trucks used the earlier left over cabs I believe ford did the same thing on the ton trucks in the late 80s into the 90s. Thanks for the compliment and good luck on getting yours done!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. rockfish

rockfish

FReD looks good.

6. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Haha yeah Fred came from the guy I bought it from, his two little daughters named it that I think they got it from Sanford and son

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. eightbanger

eightbanger

Awesome truck, looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on an F1.

8. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

9. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Great Looking F1! Im curious as to the wheel and tire sizes on it?

10. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

P235/75r15 in rear
    P215/60r15 in front