Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco vs Exk 51 Mercury Ball Joint conversion kits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR51, Jul 23, 2013.

1. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

Have a 51 Mercury and am looking to do the front ball joint conversion with disk brakes. Was wondering if anyone had feedback on which kit would be better Jamco or Exk? I know theres better front clips to use but, looking for a bolt on application.
    Thanks

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Search for each company here on the board. The results should help you make your decision.

3. slammed

slammed

4. What he said!

5. May bee a few pics of an install we just finished will help you make your decision. It's not my normal bagged kustom just an old style woody with fat coil springs that is slightly and i mean slightly lowered a whole 2" from stock. We also drilled the rotors to the 5.5" dia pattern so we could use the stock woody wheels and added our power steering kit and HD tie rod kit.

Rick Erickson / Extreme Kustoms 951 678-3520

Attached Files:

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See who responded? Proactive, not reactive. Says a lot about a man, and how he does business.

My money is on Rick.

7. mikes51

mikes51

That new, thicker sway bar is pretty slick.

8. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Bear51, here is a picture of our kit. We no longer modify the original control arms, but manufacture new tubular a-arms. Our kit uses Mustang spindles and brakes and is available with a 1", 2" or 3" drop coil and shock combo. It is available with te Ford 4.5" bolt pattern or the Mercury 5.5" lug patten
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone have any negative feedback on either of these products as far as drivabilty cons and pros?

10. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

Just my two cents but also who has them in stock and available.

11. Had the Jamco set up on my 49 Ford, good stuff...I better with new tube style a-arms.. just my 2 cents... The EXK stuff looks nice also... may just need to do that on my next car... Good luck !

12. 5window

5window

Again, do a really thorough SEARCH before sending anyone money. Really. Thorough.

13. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

Thanks for all replies. I decided to go with EXK I like the set up they offer and Rick over at EXK was really helpful and specializes in Mercs and is very knowledgeable on what I'm trying to do.

14. DjNeil

DjNeil

What costs what?

15. slammed

slammed

You are asking the price of what products? And from each company or just one? Contact them in the Google/thread search engine.

16. 5window

5window

It isn't just about price-it needs to be about actually getting the parts you paid for and service before during and after the order.

But, as it has been suggested, try doing a search and finding this out for yourself, especially as prices constantly change.

17. DjNeil

DjNeil

I've gone fatman dropped spindles with the original drums and am looking forward to brake fade

18. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

I don't want to bad mouth anybody.... but, didn't find too many good reviews for Jamco.
    Contact Rick at Exk he can give you the prices 957-678-3520. If your interested in Jamco they have all pricing on the Jamco website. I'll leave a review when I receive all my parts.

19. mikes51

mikes51

Maybe but I've had good luck with power M/C and those are big 11" diameter drums.

20. 49dreamer

49dreamer

Bear51, I'm also interested in the same set up. It would be nice if you did a picture tutorial once you receive the parts and install them. I would be curious to see how difficult the installation is. Thanks.

21. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

49dreamer, most definitely. As soon as I get everything I'll start posting.

22. Hey BEAR51 we recived your A-arms this week. We plan to start updating them mid next week.

23. Did you get your A arms back yet?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

Not yet. They said it would take 4-6 weeks. Will start posting pictures when I start installing.

25. Bear51 did you get your parts yet ????? I was hoping you had as there is allot of others very interested so please post as you go.

Attached Files:

26. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

I received my parts a week ago.... sorry for delay. Everything looks great. In the process of painting all the parts and will start assembly next week. Heres some pics of what it looks like. I will get some close ups of actual new ball joint set up for next post.

Attached Files:

27. The suspense is killing me.

28. anteek49

anteek49

X2 on the suspence.Bet he's happy or he'd be telling us about it.

29. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

Sorry guys, between work and Holidays haven't had much time to hit the garage. But, have all the parts painted and ready for install. Will be assembling this weekend and will post pictures.

30. BEAR51

BEAR51
    from Chicago

Got the suspension in, went in perfect. Next week will install brakes and Exk tie rod set up. Will post more pictures next week.

Attached Files: