Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Give me a little credit and forgive the OT avatar... My 1974 Dodge Monaco is a Blues Brothers Bluesmobile replica that is my DAILY driver, and has been for 10 years! (Ask anyone in the Newport News VA area how often that they see this car!)

My avatar... We were on our way back from doing a Blues Brothers themed event in Richmond VA late one night, the wife was asleep in the passenger's seat, it was LATE, there was nobody else on the interstate...

My screen name comes from the Lemon Twist yellow (1971) Road Runner that my wife and I have owned since 1986. If you look closely at the photo of the garage, you can see the 49 Dodge truck body being lowered onto the 1995 Dodge Dakota chassis (3 engine hoists!). It'll be a daily driver when it's finished too. (The truck photo was taken when I had Greg Rudy do the door logos and the "We Deliver" on the front fenders. It was still missing a lot of small parts. The flatbed is also being widened this week as a matter of fact.)

This thread HAS been a fun read! Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

the pinup airbrushed on my 40 Ford deck lid

3. chopo

chopo

i am an asshole

4. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I change my Avatar from time to time, what ever my currant project is.
    Here is my latest piece.
    Everything you see is either a spoon, knife or fork, its 100% stainless steel and there is no form or mold.

Godspeed
    MrC.

Attached Files:

5. No explanation needed,,it's my Deuce pickup. HRP

[​IMG]

6. This is Blondie my best dog >she was 13 yo in this pict. at LSR . She passed this year and we sure miss her . She loved to go for a ride in the 39 shop truck .

7. cryobug

cryobug

I use to do cryogenics on the Space Shuttle program at Kennedy Space Center on the launch pads so I took my 40 Ford to work one day and took the photo that is in my avatar.

8. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Took this shot messin' around shortly after getting into this and buying the 50. My favorite beer bottle seemed to go nice with the wide-whites. Doubt I change it b/c it takes me back to just hangin' out with my Dad in the shop....plus I think it just looks cool :)

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Mine is me and the dog in my 47' Crosley...

10. scrubba

scrubba

My avatar is a picture of me. My son shot a picture of me placing models in a Richfield station model I built years ago. I guess if something entertaining comes along , I might change it ...............

scrubba

11. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

My avatar is my latest car. 39 Stude gasser:)

Attached Files:

12. Me surfing my favorite break near my house

13. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Simple really. The face I see under the desk when on the computer...

14. DWest

DWest
    from Missouri

My avatar is a caricature of the car I ran during part of the 1969 season. It was quick and handled like it was glued to the track but on the 13th lap of a 100 lap feature the right rear wheel broke and launched the thing like a rocket, it flew okay but didn't land very good. It went end over end and side over side more times than I could count and there wasn't much left when the dust settled....lol

15. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

may i introduce tura satana, lead ass-kicker in "faster pussycat--kill! kill!" she's driving her porsche in the desert.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  16. chromeazone

chromeazone

Pulled this puppy out of the 392 in the '57 Crown Imperial I brought on eBay from a guy in CO a few years back. I brought the car "not running" but did not know how badly it was "not running". No regrets or hard feelings. Junior Thompson went through my engine for about $3 grand, as I recall. Loved the car! Finally sold it to a guy in Brisbane, Australia. That was my last romance with a fin car!

"I wonder how tight I can wind this baby?"

17. Neat pic,Tommy!

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

mine is a 30 dodge sedan body someone shortened up to a truck style cab. i drug it home from oklahoma city in 2007... we built a custom truck rod out of it for my brother and he drives the wheels off it. the cab was a $400 ebay buy that i jsut had to have. the picture is it sitting on the feild edge at my parents, after it was chopped, awaiting the build process

19. druids62

druids62

Its where I'd rather be. Sitting on the patio sipping an ice cold Corona in Cave Creek AZ. Lotsa hot rods and even more Harleys!

20. chromeazone

chromeazone

Hey Tommy R ! That's my damn car !
    I wondered where I left it when I staggered out of that cat house , (that also sold steaks). Do you think it's still there?

Hey Druids62, do you know who else is living in Cave Creek?
    How about Sonny Barger !

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  21. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Ummmm......all but ONE of the Rod'z here are GREEN (and that's about to change)

(that, and the fact that my wife is in a "green" business that sorta revolves around GREEN hot rods...that's how and why it all started. I'll explain it here in more detail in a couple months)

22. druids62

druids62

Yes sir Mr. chrome! Thats probably why there ain't no foolery there! :)

23. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my avatar is my 1949 dodge 3 window.....hoowa

24. Otis from Andy Griffith....I'm build one of these.

25. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

remenbering Norm

26. no splainin' necessary

27. <<<< mine no explanation needed

28. Well she looks a heck of a lot better that I do