Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

He's a dream boat.

2. Pete

Pete

El D,,,,,thats funny, I like it.

Ill be fifing the motor in a few days.....

PETE-

3. ELD

ELD

4. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

5. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

Finished assembly of motor today. By the weeks end I will have it installed in chassis and body mounted.

Attached Files:

6. Looking good TJ! Your making me jealous!

In fact, all of you guys are. There is such a neat collection of bangers and Flatheads this year. I'm really kicking myself in the ass for selling my Ohv original Miller/Ford now!

I'm looking forward to this winter though. I've been collecting some neat pieces to build what I've been wanting for some time now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. sololobo

sololobo

Yahoo, I can't make it but am looking forward to great photo and video coverage like last years. Have fun kids, with ya in spirit! ~sololobo~

8. I don't know Mel...it seems like having two guys on a bike would make it sink into the sand and run slower. :rolleyes::D

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Whoa...... 50 days and counting!!! I better get started!

10. We hope to announce soon that we may be having a pre pre party in September.

When we run out of room, we store our extra cars at the Fastlane Motor Club in Asbury Park, Nj.

Looks like we are going to have a little party. Rock and roll, beer, food, and some vintage movies show on the wall of the old meat locker/warehouse, now used for vintage car storage in Asbury Park. Possibly Sept. 21st

Every other weekend is booked for bus with car events. Yikes! It almost like work. Ha.

11. ASaP Timing association has also advised this and have asked the gentlemen to just wear helmets because of the weight to sand ratio. Don't worry, this all been thought out thoroughly. We know what we are doing. Zing!!!

12. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

If you guys and gals want to check out the facility ahead of time, there is a "Cars and Coffee" event this Saturday the 17th between 8a and 12p.

Details are on FB page https://www.facebook.com/FastLaneMotorClub

13. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

Installed the motor and trans and was motivated so I got the body on.

Attached Files:

14. lorodz

lorodz

Looks good

15. A little bird told me Weesner is coming!

16. In between hot rod races, we are going to have some special stuff running at a highlighted moment in your program.

Pretty sure we have a 1909 Stanley Steamer that's going to run. I'm working on a 1911 Mercer Runabout too.

So much crazy behind the scenes stuff happening. So much fun!

17. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I got another day in and finished the exhaust mount in the rear. I've been thinking about what tire to run in the rear.........I will have an extra pair of knobby tires mounted to the rear of the body that I can change on the sand if needed for traction.

Attached Files:

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn TJ you're cooking on that thing!!! Can't wait to see it!

19. T__N__A

T__N__A

That exhaust is badass... cant wait to hear you rippin it up on the sand!

-Mike

Sent from my SGH-M919 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

The glass guy picked-up the windshield frame today.
    The lettering guy is picking up the hood and doors to letter at his own home.
    My rims better be back from powder coating Monday.
    And my machinest is polishing and relieving the head.

21. Looking good TJ!

Really missing my 32. I had a collection of tapered tube for exhaust that I never got too. Ill save it for something else.

Cuzin Brucie just sent me pics of Ol Style Weekend and my buddy Hakan has himself a nice 32 roadster now. Leaned screen, cockpit canvas cover. All details that I had planed. Painful, hahaa. This winter I will jump on the 34 though. I have a sweet treat showing up this weekend for my flattie.

22. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Cant wait to see the 34 on the road Mel, decklid is still on my coupe! haha

23. A few of you know who is racing. As I didn't give it all away yet here on the Hamb.

If anyone in this years race will be at the Rodders Journal show this sept , please email me at,
    [email protected]

We are honored, as we have been asked to set up an Oilers, Trog exhibit. We personally are bringing 5 Oilers cars as of now. We are looking for a few more racers to line up with us to represent this years Trog. Email me and let me know if you will be in attendance. Thanks

24. We are like blood brothers now!

25. Just found out my new buddy Mike from Rising Sun Jeans is flying in from the West Coast too. His vintage tent is being shipped from Germany now.

Lots of quality people coming in, I'm very honored!

26. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Talk about flying...

With all these hoodlums running around on the beach and terrorizing Wildwood, I bet the citizens would feel safer if there were some P51 Mustangs or a P38 Lightning or a B17 or two patrolling the sky during this debauchery. Low level stafing of the beach would be in order. These planes will be a few minutes away at Millville Airport the weekend before the ROG. You guys have any connections with Millville, NJ Airport?

[​IMG]

27. No, I hadn't heard of that show and I don't know anyone connected. I have been in that B-17 that will be there though. What a day that was!

Last year at the Rog there was a clipper ship in the ocean. Be great to have some war-birds over head this year.

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Lots of cool stuff going on!

29. FourBangNCanuck

FourBangNCanuck
    from ON, Canada

Id be down for a legendary flyby.

30. Pete

Pete

Who's Weesner?????