Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2013 Bonneville Speedweek HAMBbq Raffle with $910 dollars donated!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Aug 6, 2013.

1. This is a continuation of what we started last year.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757979&highlight=rained+out&page=2

We have 75+ pieces of total from Norwell, Weesner,m Mike harrington and Jimmy Smith and many others as well as Salt team t shirts and goodies.

Raffle tickets will be $5

Raffle will be Sat night the 10th, grills will be going by 5PM barring the rain. Raffle to follow approx. 7PM depending on everything.

[​IMG]

All raffle proceeds will go to Save the Salt. Tip[s will defray any HAMBers that are helping with the BBQ unless they deem otherwise!

Location is the ne museum site kitty corner from the CARQUEST in Wendover.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

See y'all there!

3. I am going to try to get our group over there!!

4. Cool, hope to see plenty of folk!

5. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

My neighbor and I will be there!

6. Packing the truck as I type this.

7. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Pack faster.....

8. Hey man, it is killing me! I planned to be there tonight, then tomorrow night but I may need to watch the kid for at least part of the day and may have to drive overnight and finish up on Friday.

9. Weather all over the West, truck is packed and will leave whenever I wake up.

10. Four guys - three cars leaving Calgary in the AM. Doopy - doopin' south and plan to arrive Wendover Saturday early afternoon. Hope nothin' breaks and nothin' falls off!

11. Good luck to the Canadians! Checking out and hitting the sack for a few hours shuteye.

12. mlagusis

mlagusis

Crap. Can't make it this year. It was good meeting you last year Trent. I plan to be there next year though. Have fun.

13. slatetar

slatetar
    from london

I am going to try to get our group over there![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

See you all there!!!!

15. 6am and hitting the road. See ya'all soon.

16. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

17. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

How did it go?

18. Thanks for the dog Mac. They gave away a lot of neat stuff. Wish I would have bought more tickets. Thanks Mac and Tman.

19. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks for the BBQ and raffle Tman and Big Mac! Had a great time and LOVE my Weesner print and T-shirt!

Attached Files:

20. daddio211

daddio211

21. I do not know what to say other than THANK YOU to all who donated! After last years rain out I was gun shy but we pulled it off! Special thanks to Mac and his son Austin who were 2/3rds of this deal and bought ALL the food!:cool: Mac has a good pal after two years of helping with the #416 Unibody pit and the BBQ. This was so successful that we were talking about bigger and better for next year as soon as the folks left and we were packing up. Lots of laughs, you guys made my weekend.

AWESOME! We raised $910 in a couple hours for Save the Salt!!!!!!

Please do, 1leg from Meziere came out for PR and to hang with the racers and made sure we got some last minute goodies! Thanks 1leg!

Also, if you one something please take the time to post here what you won and who from. I had so much stuff and no list to go off for this post that I do not want to try a partial list and leave someone out! Those that donated rule.

Another special thanks to Ryan for letting us print HAMBbq banners and his donations and to my pal Tony Huntimer aka typo41 here for staking out some real estate at the museum site ahead of time for our BBQ.

Thank you all for making my weekend!

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Great work everyone... yall should be proud!

23. Thanks man, that means a lot. We could not have done this and met so many hot rodders and racers over the years if not for this message board!

Did I mention $910 doleros?!?!?!?!:eek::D:cool: raised and donated!

I had someone come up later and said he had been told that racers and hot rodders wouldn't go for this. A couple hours time and close to a grand says a LOT! Can we double that next time?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  24. daddio211

daddio211

If I'd had ANY idea how many things were donated and what great quality every piece was I would have bought $100 in tickets instead of $20, and I'm sure others feel the same way!

I don't think a single raffle ticket buyer went away empty handed and I've never seen that happen! Great job fellas!

Ryan, it should be mentioned that a public thank you was given to you personally and everyone acknowledged what a great thing you've done for all of us. Warm fuzzies all around, LOL.

25. Dude, your hair is much better in person:D I am sure with a coif like that the extra 80 bucks is no issue!:p Nice to finally meet you!:cool:

26. PS, Mac has more pictures and will be posting them.

27. jerry

jerry

Thanks for your efforts Trent. Won 2 excellent photos there.

Massively good time!

jerry

28. daddio211

daddio211

Bwah ha ha... thanks... I think!

29. Jerry, spending hot days in August with you is an old habit since the first HAMB Drags! Good times. I think you won two Mike Harrington/Buick59 prints? Thanks for all of YOUR help!