Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Traditional T-Bucket butts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 13, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang!

If you have been following any of the Trad T-Bucket chatter around here lately, you'll know that I am in the process of going through and wiping the ugly off a T-Bucket score deal I came across recently, with an early sixties bent. In doing so I have been nose down in every magazine that had a bucket in it from about '59-'65 in search of ideas and inspiration. In doing this I have noticed that T-Buckets rarely get photographed from the rear, always from the side. I'm looking for ideas as far as plate placement, tail lights, tonue covers, stuff like that. If we can keep it limited to T-Buckets only though, I would appreciate that a bunch.

Just as an example, here is what I'm trying to undo...

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Not sure if you're keeping the bed, but here's my ass.:D

[​IMG]

It's about as simple as it gets.

3. upspirate

upspirate

Put some pkg's in the bed & UPS logos on the side & make some money!!!:eek::D

I don't have any pics, but will be watching your progress!!:)

4. Nice ass. Uh does that make me sound gay? :eek: :D

NL that rear actually looks pretty good except for the tires. I have seen some early buckets with Pontiac tail lights but they were placed about the same as your teasr drops and the liscence plate looks right. Tannu ues were rolls and pleats a lot front to rear or if you had button tufts on the e seat that it would have been tufted the same on the cover at least as far as show cars are concerned.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Here are a couple of pictures of my Son's T bucket. It has some traditional elements like the 50 Pontiac lights.

Don

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Ya the round pontiac lights low and centered in that space on the bed between the bed side and that rectangular body line. The license plate might look cool mounted on the tailgate over where the ford script is. Looks good where it is though.

7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Showing my ass. Well you asked for it.

Attached Files:

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks guys! I'm actually thinking about moving the plate up to the center of the tailgate ala' Grabowski's first go 'round with his car, but I don't really want to out and out copy, ya know? I'm kind of embarrassed at the coil overs on the back, but ya gotta remember, I screwed this thing together for someone else. It might get a '35-'41 cross spring yet...

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Steel Rebel is a good example of a good T bucket rear. Neat elements there. The buggy spring and bias plys are important. That car was built to emulate the Kookie T, which had a real ass-up stance. If those things were left in place, but the bed was lowered around it all, you could really get a cool look going.

10. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

my butt for reference...as much as they are frowned upon, I have no plans to change the lights.

wheels/tires will be changed to steel/bias in spring, unless a wad of cash is dropped in my lap before then. I hate that painted "ford" back there too.

[​IMG]

11. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Quick and bad photoshop job. Needs some kind of chrome license plate light.

Attached Files:

12. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Here's my latest & greatest so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

What about a nerf bar...this one is on Norwells deuce (not a T bucket I know), but explains the idea. Could hold the plate, and help cover up the coil overs if they bother you

[​IMG]

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Rebel's rearend looks really good. (can't believe I wrote that without laughing) The spring is what was done and you can remove leafs to adjust ride firmness. I like my coil overs, but I've never ridden on a spring, so I can't comment on which is better. The Pontiac tail lights are big and easy to see, but you kinda have to put them where Don put them. Anywhere else is out of skew.

I think Norm would slap ya on the noggin' for not putting that plate where you want it.

15. Here are some real live 60's T Bucket's
    This is Martin Holman's, it was in Bikini Beach, Son OF Flubber, 77 Sunset Strip, and Dobie Gillis and the cover of Car Craft in 1961. He was LA Roadster member #11
    [​IMG]

This is Ted Browns first T. Many call Ted the Grandfather of the T Bucket movement. [​IMG]
    This one has the 60's written all over it! Chester Greenhalgh's
    [​IMG]

This is Ted's last T . A little less conventional in the rear, but how many other T's have been driven over 250,000 miles !!!!!
    [​IMG]

And while a newer build .... Skip's car was started in the 60's and finished in the 90's
    [​IMG]

And we can't forget Roth's Tweedy Pie
    [​IMG]

16. Dang Fred,,I just spit water all over the screen laughing at that statement! :D HRP

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This and Rebels. Possibly THE coolest T Buckets on the HAMB. Fit, finish and about as period correct as a T Bucket could be. Pin their photos on a wall and study them. They built what I had in my head, but not in my resources.

18. alchemy

alchemy

Those lights are traditional, except for being upside down.

19. Ha HA - good catch - yes they are! :D

20. LongT

LongT

Not real traditional but its what I have. I'd like to put diferent real wheels and tires on but it still wouldn't be real traditional!!

[​IMG]

AA/FA 0045 likes this.
  21. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

I went back and forth on placement....I only run one tail light, so I stuck it on the left at a bit of an angle....gives it a bit of an attitude I think....kinda like wearing your hat cranked over!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

22. 54sled

54sled

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376433060.331713.jpg My bucket

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. prpmmp

prpmmp

These cars look amazing!!How scary fast are they?? pete

24. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

Fred Steel's T, he's since sold it, after owning it for many years, one of the best IMHO, steel body, original lights and tank, simple and straight forward
    [​IMG]

25. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Here's what I used on my '27 RPU. Not sure though in your case if the bed hangs out far enough for clearance.

Model A taillights on '32 Ford brackets...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did this on my Tudor..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, I'm diggin' that Mike!

27. I agree. I think you should fab a mini version of this and slap it right on the back of the bed!

28. Similar yet diffrent to the pontiac 53 buicks

[​IMG]

29. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

a little longer to carry some stuff.
    i miss my bucket,if any one in the Houston area seen it let me know,thanks

Attached Files:

30. Tbuckethead- I like the proportions of a little longer box

Posted from my office while pretending to work!