Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project 333 [Half Evil] a Mid Engine Roadster DragCar started finally.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Hmm. :)It's not an Alcohol/Fuel Funny so use of 2 chutes is not a must , but 2 chutes look so cool and tend to hold the car straight. Like my old pal in Detroit says ''Time will tell.''
    ..... a post script = 2nd chute is not a backup, they are rigged to open at the same time. it's a 99% and 98% factor. Nothing is perfect. It is a great build . Mister Little is a super fabricator and good builder. A little luck is always welcome........

2. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

omG that ride is Bitchin! Littleman your Fab skills are top notch!

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Funny You mention about possibly re-naming the car......I might do it....I did think of Mid-Evil.....Don Moyer even mention that name as a possibility.....I thought of it because my daughter has always liked to read about the history about Knights and armour ect.......I wondered how hard it would be to paint the body to resemble chain mail.......paint my helmet like a crusader style helmet ha ha..........My daughter did come out back one night and looked at the car, actually is was the first time I sat it on the ground w/ the body mocked up and she said,'' Daddy....That is one Bad Donkey.''.......Then continues to ask me why do you think I said Donkey?......I said I have no idea.......She replies, ''Because I cannot say the ''A'' word..I kinda like that, Bad Donkey as well.................Littleman

4. studeboy

studeboy

Bad donkey sounds good too. Gonna be a wild ride for sure. Lol

Sent from my EVO using H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Great fab work I want too do something similar down the road you are my inspiration for the future

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You might have to get Junior's permission to use that Dave, he does own Bad Donkey Hot Rods I believe.

B:)B

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Rusty

Rusty

8. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Hey Bob.........someone did point that out to me...I did look it up........He is Bad Donkee HotRods.............I do understand where your coming from.........In the end, this is something my 11 yr. old daughter said on her own...Bad Donkey is another very commercialized ''t-shirt phrase'' when it comes to t-shirts.....as well as Half Evill 333, which I did not realize at the time. It was something the guys at work called me.....Whatever it ends up to be, it will only be a name on a race car and not a business name....Thanks for the heads...........Dave

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Dave , this might be a no brainer question, Do you have to put in some kind of heat shield for the header openings?, Tim Jones

10. Hey, Dave, think about a "south of the border" reference and call it "Bad Burro"..........:D

11. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

You need a Dr Evil reference in there.

Call it "Quasi Evil".

12. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I think the original chosen name is great. It seems to cause a stir and it's the beginning of a legend. ,,,,:cool::D

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  13. studeboy

studeboy

I wasn't suggesting it was a bad name just that half is a major under statement. Looks kinda like Wiley Coyote sitting on the front of an Acme rocket chasing Roadrunner.

14. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Headers are slowly taking shape......I machined a solid slug w/ a flat that I used to slide into the header flange side of the header tubes to shape the flat for the center two over lapped tubes. I need to decide if I want to slash cut the tips of the tubes before welding into the flange and need to finish up the other side...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  15. studeboy

studeboy

Dave, I would agree with McGurk. The low pressure at the end of the header might help with cylinder scavenging. It might only be a tiny bit but its free.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Sounds good to me....no slash cut......I like it this way from the start..never really envisioned the slash cuts....thanks for the info....Dave

17. Damn Littleman just spent the last hour and a half reading this post, congratulations on doing it, even though it has valve covers! Your skills are over the top and putting it to words and pics so others can see it is what its all about. This will definatly be a 'E" ticket ride!!!!!! Just remember to "Keep em between the whites".............
    Thanx again for all your efforts............

18. My suggestion would be to bell the exhaust tubes. But that's just me.

19. I like the header layout with the equal spacing and learned a little about slash cutting the ends too...lol

20. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Scavenging is usually not an issue if one is using a blower

21. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

That is correct

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes...running a blower is new to me...lots to learn......I also did not need to really buy them new 15degree heads either ...could have gotten away with something less with the blower....but it will be much more efficient and make more power...... like I really need any more... ha.ha.ha.......a little scavenging will not hurt.....note to self...need to add nitrous...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  23. studeboy

studeboy

Very good point. Didn't take that into consideration. Lol. Nice car Dave.

24. TOO Much..... = just right!!!!:cool:

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

All I can say is damn.
    I have no idea how I have missed this build.
    Now I am looking at my R.E.D. I think you just gave me the fix for this thing that just don't do any thing for me.

26. hasty

hasty

Stunning! Glad I caught this thread at last.

dearjose likes this.
  27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I just need to tack the tubes onto the flanges and weld them up.......The upper driver side of the body is sucked inward slightly from being cut..I will make it look like the other side when I re-glass the door they cut out of the body before it was unlucky and fell into my hands......I cannot wait to set it back onto the ground soon.........Littleman Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I tacted all the tubes to the header flanges the other day....someone told me they were not fancy enough, sometimes....less is more.....

[​IMG]

I am posting this pic as a reminder to all..........A reminder that alot of us use equipment in our back yards that are like ''Great White Sharks'' they just do not care !......Most of us tend to work alone as well........and this just goes to show..''That you can still get hurt while practicing safe practices. I was very lucky.....It does not look all that bad, but it wraps deep around the back side and removed most if not all of the nerves...They wanted to bend my finger back and sew it to the palm of my hand to heal......so far I am opting for it to heal w/o that.......This is going to slow me down as it is......So be careful out in your shops.......Dave

[​IMG]

29. W_o_W Dave,

what happened there?.....NaStY...

Why do life lessons always have to come at a savage cost, sorry that you're carrying the tab on that one.

Headers look ace by the way,

Cheers,

Drewfus

30. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

What the hell!! Warn us first aye!! How did that happen?

Scotty