Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '30 Model A traditional way

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Christom, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Retrodan!

Retrodan!

Bitchin coupe , I just love this style of rod hey and that Fenton manifold looks sweet , good luck I will be watching this one for sure!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Hey Chris, i checked out your coupe at the show today and what a stunning car it is, loved it. JW :)

3. Christom

Christom

Hey thanks!

Had a great time at the show and ran up some good miles later in the day! The car ran great and made all the right noises - good times! :)

4. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

I keep coming back to your build...excellent job! Did you use the stock fuel tank?

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

Simply stunning!

6. How's the stock A steering box working out? Glad you kept it instead of going with a F1 or F100?

Todd

7. Christom

Christom

Yes I did! Having a functioning original tank was one of my "must haves". I think it's really cool to feed the fuel in under an opened windscreen - especially with your babe still sitting in the passenger seat! :D

8. Christom

Christom

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. eicke

eicke

Hope you don't mind but....I going to "borrow" your rear upper shock mount idea. Nice!

-Ron

10. looks great man! fantastic job!!

11. knucklepower

knucklepower
    from .

thanks for sharing the beautiful AV8

12. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

That looks real good man. I like it.

13. Christom

Christom

No worries at all Ron. Pleased to know you've got something out of reading my build. That's the great thing with the HAMB - there's lots of different ideas to see. I've seen a lot of good stuff on the HAMB that has helped me with my build.

Cheers Chris.

14. I have only been on the site for a few weeks and I have gotten a lot of ideas for my build.

15. bt34

bt34

Hey, that is 1 fine coupe, welldone..:D

Attached Files:

16. Christom

Christom

Gee - I see you went to the swapmeet show! Thanks for the comments - and pic! I didn't take any photos of it there myself - too busy buying some more parts.......;)

17. That's the same shot I took of the coupe,had to keep coming back as there were always people around it.JW

18. Christom

Christom

It's been a while since my last post - been a bit busy with other things recently. Still I have managed to get a few miles on the hot rod. Can't wait till summer! I will have to put another leaf in both the front and rear springs before then though as things have settled a bit it seems. The car bottomed out a couple of times over bumps - some might say I was going too fast! :eek: Nah!
    I have got some stuff done though. Got a pair of mint old Guide fog lights and made a stainless steel (chrome is too shiney for this car) spreader bar and brackets to mount them on. Nice and low for a cool look with little visors fitted.
    Also had the tuck 'n roll upholstry done on the seat, doors and kick panels. I'm pleased I got all the proper escutcheons for that nice finished look too. Real happy with the old school look inside. That's it though as I'm going for a "minimal" look interior.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  19. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Man that interior looks great!

20. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Awesome car...I wouldn't change a thing. How many leaves do you think you will end up with then?

21. SoCal

SoCal

Jammin Gears write up looks fantastic. Congrats

22. Hi from another Kiwi in Melbourne Australia. [ Ex Marton in the good ol Rangitikei. ] Good to see you are putting a V8 flattie in your coupe i was going to put my V8 Twin Plug flattie in my 30 coupe but it is now going into my 39 Ford coupe. Your car looks great keep it up.

23. Christom

Christom

Thanks I have not seen the write up. I'll have to find out where to get a copy of the magazine. Those JG guys arrived at the PN swapmeet in a bus - next thing I know they get me to park my car in the middle of the road and started taking pictures and asking questions. Very random! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  24. aldixie

aldixie

Nice looking car. The chop you did was excellent. I'm building a traditional AV8 Sport Coupe. I need to chop the roof too but don't have much to start with luckily.

25. badgeree

badgeree

Just read the build notes front to back.
    I love the way you've built it, the stance and chop are perfect.
    There can never be too many Model A's.;)
    Now drive the wheels off it. :)

26. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

I just sat and read the whole thread too... at work of course. Very nice build, love the paint, looks fantastic, very inspiring ! Thanks for posting.

27. Ace5n85

Ace5n85

This car is awesome! Amazing work man!

28. Kool49

Kool49

Very Very tastefully done ........... Nice ride, great job.

29. Christom

Christom

Thanks for all the nice comments. I hope there's been some inspiration taken from this build thread. I can say the HAMB is where I've got my inspiration from as well as good build advice. Being new to the Traditional hot rod scene the HAMB has been a very helpful source of information on how things "should" be done.

So with that said I have to say that this build is basically finished now - time to enjoy the driving part as opposed to the building it part. The building part was very enjoyable for sure - I even kinda miss that!

Since getting the car on the road it's been getting a bit of publicity with a couple of magazine articles already. During the photo shoot for the last one I followed the photographer around taking pictures from the same "professional" angles. I don't have the eye for that sort of thing myself so it was a good lesson. Things like angles and getting all 4 wheels in the shot for balance etc etc. So I had a bit of a play around with some of the shots I took once on the computer - arty stuff etc. There is probably a thread on the HAMB about all this but here's my take on the subject......

Attached Files: