Register now to get rid of these ads!

NE Georgia Swap Meet, August 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

The NE Georgia Swap Meet is this Saturday, August 3 at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce.

The weather was cruddy last month, and we had nearly 100 vendors—the weather report looks great for this month, so we’re expecting 170-200 vendors. That’s actual vendors with parts for sale, not “vendor spaces sold” like other shows advertise.

Vendor set-up is 7am
    Gates open to the public at 8:30
    Admission is just $5, with free parking
    Vendor spaces are just $20 for all the space you want. (please, one vendor per space)

If you’d like to be added to our monthly email reminder list to get a once-a-month reminder the show is coming up, shoot me your email address.

For more information on this swap meet and the Gear Jam Vintage Drags on September 28, go to www.georgiaswapmeet.com, and www.gearjamdrags.com, or call me at (706) 424-5035.

-Brad

2. Brad,I'm hoping to make it this Saturday. HRP

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

That'd be very, very cool.
    It's usually something just short of Bedlam there in the mornings during set-up... I'm trying to work out a system for my buddies to come in and set-up next to my booth, so we can all hang out together.
    Stevie G and Mac the Yankee always come out and set up with me, watch over my junque and if I have an "Oh shit!" moment they're good for covering the gate or helping me take care of something that needs takin care of.

Rich Venza said he's setting up this weekend too, so we're gonna get him parked by us. And NuTech, our sponsor, wants to set up in a regular spot as well, so I think we're going to start putting him on the corner next to us.

Let me know for sure if you're coming down, and I'll make sure we get you set up back-to-back with us, so we can all sit under a tent in the middle and hang out while keeping an eye on our spaces.

-Brad

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you go, take pics and post them here

5. Loaded up and leaving early,,should be there before 7AM. HRP

6. oltruckag

oltruckag

I'm planning on being there - spectator this time. Maybe next month I can bring my goodies that need to go...

I will say - I've made it 3 times this year and I've always found some good deals on good stuff I just had to have.

Tyson

7. What a huge turn out this morning,I got there early and the line was long.

Brad and his crew did a good job of getting all the vendors in in short order,,saw a bunch of Hambers and had a pretty good day.

There must have been at least 200 vendors,,this swap meet has turned into the best one around,that's Brad,,and thanks Stevie G for the brats,,tasty! :D HRP

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

We had over 230 vendors today. Freakin' yikes!
    First time I've ever been completely not able to walk around... so while driving through the crowd to take care of something, I spotted a New Process 833 4spd OD for Chevys, like the one in my Suburban but with an iron case. This is the one that will take some power! Complete with bellhousing and the unique, specific Hurst factory shifter, it came home with me for $100. At that price, I didn't even dicker.

Ether and Dog Patch were good enough to bring the 'glass '27 T roadster body I bought from Ether a few months back, and deliver it to me. Just from people watching them load it into the back of my Suburban while I was out running around, I could have sold it three times.

I also picked up a suicide front spring mount from Ron Pope Motorsports for the Altered chassis that body is going on, and Ron has an axle, buggy spring, hairpins and even Speedway's own '54 Chevy spindles all cheaper outright than Speedway has them, with no shipping. I'm making a list for all the bits I need, and I'll be getting them from Ron at the next few swap meets.

Oof... I'm beat.

-Brad

9. Glad it made it!!! Now put that thing together!!!!

10. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yeah, the SFCC guys were already giving me shit about having so many cars and just the Suburban on the road.
    I've got a long damn list, that's for sure.

I've already told one of my vendors (Ron Pope Motorsports) that I'm going to give him a list of parts I'll pick up each month for the front suspension, batter box, etc. etc. and will just buy a few things each month. After the Gear Jam, I'm going to get serious about a few things, including having a frame welded up.

-Brad

11. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Make that four times you could have sold it! congrats on your score but i still hate you :)

12. cobra_4

cobra_4

Heard it was huge!! It's only about 45 minutes from my work, I need to ride down!

13. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Man I LOVE it when people tell me they've HEARD that it's a big show... word-of-mouth can't be beat.

Cobra, send me your email address, and I'll put you on our monthly email reminder list to let you know the show is coming up, so you can make your plans.
    almost 2,800 people on the list. (And I'll never sell it, trade it, etc., so you don't have to worry about getting spammed from anyone but me)

-Brad

14. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

If I didn't want to recreate my uncle's '61-'65 Altered drag car, I'd be real tempted to put this on the Model A frame I bought two months ago for $125...

-Brad

15. Figure that this was the first one I've missed in years :D!

16. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Just rub salt in the wound !! been looking for one of those also!

17. Missed seeing you there! HRP

18. Thanks Danny- had a middle school meeting that ran longer than I thought it would... will be there for early Sept and the Gear Jam :)

19. cobra_4

cobra_4

Awesome thanks! [email protected]

20. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

An A or '32 frame has always been on my list of "stuff to look for and get if it's in good shape and cheap enough." I've got a pile of cool parts to make that frame a roller, bought the same way over the years...
    Another guy (a HAMBer, it turned out) and I were looking at it on the trailer, and he was there first... after about 10 minutes of the two of us and the seller talking and dancing and thinking and pondering, the other guy said "well... If you want it, I think I'm going to pass."
    I damn near pulled a muscle yanking my wallet out of my pocket.

Now, if I could just find a really good A or T roadster body to put on it...

21. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Great event! picked up a few things on my list.