Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME bumper scam at LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I hope someone shits down his throat:eek:

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

If a vendor won't take VISA®, find another vendor. Using a credit card carries consumer protection features that you should be come familiar with.

3. elalcon77

elalcon77
    from Colombia

4. elalcon77

elalcon77
    from Colombia

I almost buy a 1968 dodge dart bumper from him, I'm glad to see this before.. Thank you all..:)

5. Rockit City

Rockit City

I got burned by this same guy, Jaun Treminio 626-941-4133. Bought a pair of 54 Ford bumpers on Ebay for $720. Man his excuses were slick. Then he ran out of them and started giving me fake tracking numbers and blaming UPS and everyone else. Now I'm out the money and the bumpers. A totallt planned scam from the beginning!!!

6. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

This dude actually rented a vendor space at LARS to scam people? Wow, gotta admit he has balls. I would guess he'll be back next year. Anyone have pics of his booth or anything? It would be fun to have a HAMB get together at his booth next year. I'm in.

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

he would have to have nerves of steel to relax enough to do it. or eat a old chorizo burrito thats been on the counter for a while, then you dont need strong nerves.[​IMG]

8. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

And they are still out there. Think they were at the Santa Rosa Ca. swap last weekend. Can't be sure but looked like the same setup. Check out everybody before committing.

9. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

just thought I would pile on here. My brother gave this guy a 1958 Ranchero bumper and guards a year and a half ago at a little swap meet here in Vegas. At first he answered emails right away with various excuses then silence. After one email in January I believe the bumper guards showed up, only took 10 months, now no responses. The names, post office boxes listed here and on the links match up to our info. Wonder if they will have the balls to show up at the Hot August Nights swap meet next week.
    Mike

10. sorry about the scam. since the bumper boys were brought up, i'd like to say that they have been coming to the kyana swap in louisville ky for many years. me and serveral friends have bought from them with no problems. one friend had the chrome start to peal about a year after he bought them. they replaced the bumper free of charge, no shipping, and didn't even want the old one back. stand up guys in my book.

11. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I keep reading posts about this guy and Bumper Boys and it is the same story, somebody got ripped off. It has been years. Hasn't anyone filed a complaint? The City of Industry Sheriff's station is practically around the corner from that Walnut address. Seems like they show up all over the place...interstate fraud??? How can they keep doing this???

12. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Sacramento swap is coming up Steel Rebel. I would take a look right there......Unless they read the HAMB of course

13. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Run,run,run as far as you can to get away from Bumper Boyz.
    Their quality ain't.

14. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

My brother gave me this return address from the bumper guards he finally received from "Chrome"
    17360 Colima Heights rd. #167
    Rowland Heights, Ca 91748

Unfortunately a mailbox store, in searching this address I came across another discussion from 2006 from an off topic site.
    http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-42175.html

Mike

15. jalopy45

jalopy45

I'm a vendor at the Hot August Nights swap meet and if they show up there I'll PM you. Know enough people there after 12 years to make sure they buy wheelchairs to leave the grounds. ;)

16. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Boy, there sure has been a lot of bold internet talk on this thread for the guy to still be cashing checks!

Ether kick his ass or let it go. :rolleyes:

17. they has a huge display at the Street Rod nats in Louisville this past weekend ........

18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Could it be the Bumper Boyz in disguise??......they've stolen a lot of money from people over the years, I've seen people throw things at them at swaps because of their dirty business dealings.

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

A lot of the crooks and shysters in the old car world survive on new meat AND old meat that is too embarassed to admit they've been ripped off and keep coming back for more.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yeaaa....

21. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

"Chrome" is set up at Hot August Nights swap meet, no name no banner chrome guys a couple rows from the project cars. I scored and cost them a 400.00 sale. Gotta run, news at 11.
    Mike

22. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

After this thread was started and some links were posted I realized these were the same guys that were scamming my brother for 15 months. A little more google searching brought up a long list of unsatified customers. One search lead to someone getting stiffed at Hot August Nights in 2012. Since I was going this year I got my brothers Invoice And brought it with me in case they showed up this year.
    Today at the swap meet I looked for all the Chrome guys and it came down to one seller with no banner, no business cards but a slew of bumpers. I couldn't confirm it was "Chrome" but then I saw them writing up a customer so I waited till they were finished up and followed the customer a few booths away and asked if I could compare his receipt to my brothers, explaining the situation. It was the same company and now this new customer was afraid he might get stiffed for a 400.00 chrome job. I checked out their inventory to make sure they had the bumper on my brothers invoice and they did so I walked up and showed them the invoice and said I was here to pick up this bumper, he checked the invoice and handed me the bumper, Score.... After my success the new customer went back and cancelled his order and got his money back.
    So if you are in the area as of Thursday they were at the HAN swap meet in a no name booth with a nice new brown Dodge truck in their space.
    Mike

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Do every car guy a favor and go back and take photos of them, their truck and their license plate and post them here (and every other car forum that has warnings about these guys). Won't matter if they set up without banners, business cards or a name. "Nice new brown truck" probably bought by screwing people out of their money.
    Once their cover is blown, they won't be able to set up anywhere without being 'made' no matter what they call themselves...The head of the snake needs to be cut off and that could be done by Car swap meet officials NOT selling them spaces or allowing them to set up at their swaps once they roll in and are recognized.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  24. Has anyone in San Bernadino county been ripped off?

25. Just a thought , If you mailed a check you might check with the postmaster regarding mail fraud .

26. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

Juan Treminio was at Springfield Mo. swap meet a couple of years back. He ripped off a lot of people , stold a lot of money & good core bumpers. He needs a visit from a thug like him ,who will mess him UP.

27. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

in June of 2010 I met them at the LA Roadster Show. Arranged for them to pick up my bumpers, headlight rings, and mirror brackets in Mesa, AZ. They showed up and was supposed to be back in a week. I believe it took two weeks but they showed up with them and they looked great. Still look great. As I remember, they said they would not do an exchange as my bumpers were perfect shape ( painted) and original. He even showed me how to tell the difference as the aftermarket were missing tow small holes that attached the license plate bracket on the rear bumper.
    At that time the card I have on them shows
    Chrome
    1004 W. West Covina Parkway Suite 130
    West Covina, CA 91790
    626-941-4133
    no name on card

Was getting ready to have them pick up two other sets of bumpers but now you have me worrying.

28. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

They look very professional, that is why my brother trusted them
    even though they were out of state. They have a computer and printer onsite, took pictures of the core and printed a detailed invoice. At first communication was good, mild excuses as for the delays. Actually received the bumper guards out of the blue 7 months later but no further communication so you expect the worst. I had no idea what to expect when I showed the invoice at the swap meet. I just simply stated I was here to pick up the bumper on the invoice and he handed it to me. Don't know how some people get good service and others get stiffed. I'm lucky they had the bumper on site.
    Mike

29. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

30. I that his truck?