Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who else cusses about new safety gas cans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by charlesincharge09, Aug 3, 2013.

1. indyjps

indyjps

Nice restoration. I need to find a couple old ones. I bought a new 1 gallon for 2 cycle gas this year, what a heap of shit. I cut the thing apart and epoxied it back together to remove all the safety measures. Damn I should have done a tech thread.

2. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

3. Hemi-roid

Hemi-roid
    from Cary, IL

Blitz Manufacturing made 75% of all plastic gas cans in the USA, and was forced into bankruptcy by morons with lawyers and product liability suits. Even if Blitz wins the suit, they still have to pay to defend themselves. They just closed down their operations on July 31st. Here is the full story:

http://www.plasticsnews.com/article...d-gas-can-manufacturer-blitz-usa-closing-down

One of the lawsuits I read about was an idiot that was pouring gas from a plastic gas can onto a campfire. The fire followed the stream of gas into the can, and he was badly burned. He (and his lawyer) sued Blitz and said their gas can was "dangerous".

Where is Darwin when we need him? These brainless POS just need to remove themselves from the gene pool so the rest of us don't have to deal with them.

4. Same idiots who brought us "fire safe" cigarettes, I'm sure

5. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

A big party boat with 30 lawyers sinks a few miles off shore! The sharks rush in for the kill, but do not attack! WHY NOT?? "Professional Courtesy"!!

6. Just too much hippie Ralph Nader Kalifornia pinko fag bullshit. Any California residents who aren't hippie Ralph Nader pinko fags, that was not directed at you.

7. chopped

chopped

My five gallon was the spare for Dad's boat back in 1960, think of him every time I use it.

8. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

The new cans are a POS for real. I bought several during a power outage last year, and none of the so called spouts ever worked. No gas at all would come through.

9. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive had my eye out for awhile for old type cans. but we don't have any here right now but I do have a old spout that I use with 3 different cans. and we have drilled a hole in the top of every plastic can. gas flows a lot better with air!

10. Truckedup

Truckedup

I have a few old metal trash cans, so maybe I should knock out the dents and polish them? :D
    I have two dome top metal "Brookins Service Equipment" one and two gallon cans.Garage sale items.... Summit and Jegs sell 5 gallon square "racing' style heavy plastic fuel containers with no safety features for about 30 bucks.However they are awkward to use for less than large fuel tank filler openings

11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea.......justice .

12. 68vette

68vette

I'm not an attorney, but they are not to blame for the new cans...its the idiots who don't have the brains to use the gas cans in the first place that cause the lawsuits. Then, its us again, who want the cheapest gas can we can find, regardless of how it is made and where its made, and how much the multi-millionaire importer is making off of us don;t even registar with so many so he can buy that house in France and park his money in the Caymen Islands and use his cigerette boat or lear jet to visit the money and then have the corporate news media brainwash us to think its the attorneys fault....really!

These people build this can as cheap as they can, maybe even building it to break easy like mine did last month and maximize the profit margin at our expense....then we complain about attorneys....boy have we been corporate trained or what.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  13. The bigger problem, you drink PBR !

14. As an alternative to the normal fuel cans, we sell the VP Fuel brand "Multi Use Fluid Containers " , no safety crap, just a jug and a hose! And they come in colors, purple, orange, black and of course, red.

[​IMG]

15. derpr

derpr

last year my 5 gallon jug started leaking. I thought well its 15-20 years old, I'll just buy a new one. When looking at summit and jeg's I noticed they're called multi- use jugs. I guess I know why now.,

16. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

What's wrong with pabst? Pbr was born in Wisconsin just like me

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. spiders web

spiders web

Great idea that was poorly implemented. Typical of all new inventions as thay seem to be only here for the money. Cell phones are a classical example!!!!!!!!!

18. -Brent-

-Brent-

Perhaps someone can explain (without politics) why these cans are "supposed to be better? I've got a CARB can sitting near the garage that's ready to split at the seams and once I go to pour it's going to vent all that pressure into the air, so why bother???

19. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Are these gas cans made from the same plastic as the gas cap on my SEARS lawn mower? If so do animals enjoy eating the cans too? Bob

21. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

I don't think these states even allow the importation of such hazardous devices, even if you already have them and are moving them with your personal belongings. I work part-time in a hardware store in Connecticut; we get this all the time. Either people grousing about the PIA new cans or buying the new one, then having trouble figuring out how to use it. Had a few leave, telling me that they can get the old ones at Home Depot for less. Right, next please?

I was also told that these were to keep the harmful, ozone-depleting fumes from escaping the can; notice how there is no longer a vent?

You notice there are a lot of very liberal states in that list. They want everyone to drive a hybrid.

22. I know there are different types, but the one I bought, I removed the spring, glued the outer piece down, poked a small hole back by the handle for a vent, installed a small vacuum fitting with a small cap & viola I have a normal gas can!

23. 327Eric

327Eric

I inherited my Grandfathers old cans, and use them at home. I work for the State, so my cans at work are all new , and for a little extra I found some that work O.K. Regardless of the design, I still have to use a funnel to fill my cars.

24. tjm73

tjm73

Pretty hard to know I have it when it's in the back of my car out of sight. I've already decided to modify the little can I have because the stupid filler tube is broken and won't flow anything.

25. olds vroom

olds vroom

26. tnich123

tnich123

The cost of gas has gone up and the quaility has gone done but compare that to the new "gas cans" poor quality and higher price, makes buying gas a lot cheaper than having to buy a gas can if you run out of gas. And then you have the p.o.s new style foldable gas cans, be aware those are not fire safe.

27. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

did no one watch my video i posted. why bitch when you can fix them real easy?

28. Well you still got to bitch about em before you fix them!

29. 10bucks

10bucks

There's another video too. Search "how to fix a new gas can". Guy drills a 1/2" hole and pops in a tire valve stem without the core. Walla, instant old style vent.