Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bedroom Set out of 1956 Ford Truck Bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3onthetree3, May 29, 2013.

1. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

That is very nice. Roadkill Customs picked it up and we were close to 10K likes and 400 comments. My wife and I are blown away by the comments and nice words from everyone. I'm just a guy who likes to build hot rods, that made us feel like stars. Thanks again.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man...this sure turned out great!!!! I made the mistake of showing this to my 5 and 7 year olds the other night, Guess what's going to be my new, winter project now??!!

EXCELLENT idea and work!!!!!

3. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Man what a lucky kid to go to bed every night in this special bed. This should be a memory he will have forever. Nice job Dad.

4. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Awesome....have fun. I caught a little grief from my buddies that I should be spending the time I built the bed on some of the other cars. My son is growing up so fast, the time to do it is while they are young. He loves it, and my other projects arent going anywhere, they will be there tomorrow. If I can help out at all, dont hesitate to reach out to me.

Good Luck.

5. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks very much for the kind words. I am a lucky Dad to have a couple good kids. We all gotta work to preserve traditional hot rodding, we are losing them....my sons will help to carry the torch.

6. Seabeebu3

Seabeebu3

Very lucky kids in both ways! A great dad and a awesome bed!

7. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks alot for the nice words, I am overwhelmed with the responses.

We did get a window in the truck a few days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kursplat

kursplat

wow, came out great. my daughter (19) loves it too. she wonders if your going to paint the inside of the garage to look like the inside of the garage

9. I gotta admit it turned out great! HRP

10. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Yes sir, we are going to paint a dash, steering wheel, and gauges, and then some cabinets and tools to look like the inside of a garage. Hopefully I get that done before he grows out of the bed!

11. Way cool project , he will remember it forever. Paint the dressers in the room to look like tool boxes.

12. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

That is a great idea. I really think that would look great, as long as I can make them really look like tool boxes....Love the idea, thanks alot. I hope I get all this done before he outgrows the bed....

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That is an AWESOME bed! I would so sleep in that.

I first saw it on FB as well and actually saved the photo to my laptop.

OR, just get a real toolbox for his dresser.

14. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

15. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

Great job, man... excellent work!

16. TexasDart

TexasDart

as he grows just put the tailgate down and get a longer bed. Heck maybe some real tool boxes for a dresser. I have seen where they make vinyl appliques for old fridges to make them look like snap on tool boxes.

17. Another "plus" to using "real" tool boxes for a dresser would be as he gets older and starts "wrenching", he would actually already have his first tool box ready for tools! Cool project.

Jim

18. TexasDart

TexasDart

Actually have seen old fridges turned into storage shelves.

19. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

and if he's got a little brother, they could make him look like a stack of used tires! sorry for that.

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

cool project. I would leave the rear window out and make shelves that fit in there, so he can put his diecast cars on them...

21. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Haaa...I like that one, and as a matter of fact, he does have a little brother!

His little brother is getting the 1946 Chevy bed. We have the parts, and should start working on it in the next few weeks....

Thanks for all the great ideas....I really like the one about making all his dressers look like tool boxes.

22. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

The artwork just needs a few more touchups before it goes to the printer for the new T-shirts.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1375532110.423446.jpg

23. tomb23

tomb23
    from Oregon

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  24. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

25. ravedodger

ravedodger

Just have to tell you that this bedroom set seems to have made you a little famous. My mother texted me the piu of the finished product this morning and said "pretty cool, huh."

26. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks alot....I have to tell you, I had no idea it would get this kind of attention. I have been getting messages from all over the world, in languages that I dont understand, from people asking about it, or letting me know how much the like it. I am flattered beyond belief. I just today got a "share" from someone today who had no idea that it was in my sons room, just thought I would like it. A few days ago, I sold a car to a guy. Took him upstairs to show him the bed, and he said he had already seen it on the internet....the world wide web has changed everything.

Thanks again for the kind words. I am only days away from starting the next one for my 2 1/2 year old. He tells me every night that he wants to sleep in his brothers room because "there is a truck in there!"

27. farmer12

farmer12

That turned out beautiful. You're one cool dad!

28. too cool... nice work

29. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

This is one of the coolest projects I have seen lately!!! Kewl Dad doing some cool projects the kids will always remember!!! Way to keep them interested in our crazy car culture!!

30. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Awesome , you have got to be one of the greatest dads in the world !!!