Register now to get rid of these ads!

car cruise rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrchevrolet2, Jul 30, 2013.

1. scrubba

scrubba

MY FAVORITE KOMMENT; NOT A FURNITURE SHOW ............. Fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!

scrubba

2. Thank God I don't give two shits about going to events like this.

The car is for me to drive and enjoy and if other people like it, great, if not, whatever, I don't need to park someplace special just to show it off.

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If I ever get my car done I am going to pull up to the cruise and do a big ass smokey burnout so no one can see any cars and then drive away.
    If i hear that one is going to happen I will set in my front yard and whatch them cruise by if I am not to busy in the basement.

4. where at in atlanta? ill drive down and add one more

5. indyjps

indyjps

If the entire purpose of the event is to park, then I guess these guys want to be there early to park. I prefer a slow drive thru the show, nice lopey idle, then pull out and go on my way, leave the parkers wondering what the fuck just happened while they argue over the $8 bowling trophy.

6. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

I enjoy shows like this but I also work, have a wife, and a life. These guys have...a car & a lonely life.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. I like chrome.

8. paintcan54

paintcan54

Iin Greenwood IN. south of Indy is a cruise every sat nite, I know people who used to park their car at 10:00 am and cover them up so they can be on the front row, I don't go there, never really liked it went a few times. Then there is one on the far west side of Indy on sat. nites went there to check it out and the guy running the cruise is telling people where and who to park with, I just don't get it Cruise means drive them not park them.

9. go to a three day event and see how silly it gets. the wife and i decided to go see our son in school. we drove from wi to mi. on the way home we stopped at the kallamazoo show. the power parkers had their hands full. it went like this get up early friday to get the best spot leave early to get the best spot at the restaurant leave there to get to the host hotel for the best spot. do it all again on sat and sun. i say if your car is that cool you should have no problem having anyone walk across the lot to see it. i always leave before awards are handed out i could care less if the participants or car clubs like my car. sure its nice no be noticed for a job well done but i dont build anything to please anyone but myself. so i do the pull in walk around then leave also. if its at a restaurant i always buy something. i have seen people pull out sandwiches because they are so cheap to spend a few bucks.

10. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Yes this is another problem many have. I've actually gotten into arguements over this. Buy a coke and a burger from the place that hosts and its all good. Some people should just stay home.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  11. Ross6860

Ross6860

Ugh!

I've been out of the hobby for a dozen years and just got back into it last year.

Still workin' on the cars but if this is what the Cruise-Ins are like, I won't be going to many.

The ones I was used to may have had 20-30 cars. Manner's, Big Boy, or wherever. None of these places had room for 100 cars.

I used to ride my bike to the Cruises. Always easy to find a spot to park a bike. Walk around for an hour, get back on the bike and leave.

I guess I'll find out. Hope to have my interior back together in a few weeks.

12. OK, so the consensus is that a lot of you guys, when you can be coaxed out of your hole, cruise through, sneer at the retired dudes and criticize their fashion sense, burn some rubber, to prove what a badass you are and go back to your hole. Such rebels you are!! Because you are the true hot rodders, by God! Ol' Skool to da bonez!!!

Actually, some of you are dorks and beyond clueless.

13. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

And Play Death Metal at the Crooze Night ...for a change of pace

14. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Ruling Class is usually Dorks

15. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

I have little patients and sitting around all day is a waste of time to me. I like to park, walk around by myself see a few cars talk to a couple new people I don't know than seek out the regulars. hen maybe compare notes - revisit things they saw I did not that are unique or interesting and then leave. Sometimes it's a get together BBQ and that's different. Sometimes "clubs" don't want anybody else near them. It's just a show off time. Whatever. To each their own. I would suggest if it's not your bag - move on. That's all.

16. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

You're a pediatrician?

17. ha ha ha ha

18. At a local car show at Galloping Hills There were cars getting there at 2 when the show starts at 6. An no, I don't know this cause I do it. I was just passing by it on my way from work.

19. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

Attached Files:

20. mrchevrolet2

mrchevrolet2
    from usa

I don't believe this crap, I started thread this asking a question. Does this sort of thing go on at other cruises around the country? That was the question, I don't have an opinion about the people doing it, I don't care if they are power parkers, gold chainers of what ever. I've been out of the loop for several years & where I live this does not go on. I've been to a couple Good-Guys & NSRA events where they get there early, but those are big shows, these two cruises were 200-250 cars tops.

spiderdeville-don't even get me started on the music at most cruises that I've been to. Not everyone likes oldies, especially me.

21. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

HA, Id rather drink my own piss than pay $4 for a coke or $8 for a hamburger thats equivalent to the size of a biscuit

22. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Welcome to the HAMB.

23. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

The PID cruise was actually at least 800 cars. Though somebody said it was over 1000. Not sure who went around counting every space.

It's just the nature of the beast that the bigger the cruise is, the earlier some people are going to get there. If you like seeing different cars then the typical 30-50 cars that show up at a typical weekly cruise than consider it a good thing. Or just keep driving or wrenching if that's what you want to do.

If you think PID night or Mineral Beach is out of hand, you should head to the cruise in Beaver, PA (gets over 2000 cars) this Saturday. People will be pulling into town at 6:00am for a cruise that doesn't officially begin until 3:00pm.

24. the power parkers are a nation wide problem that won't go away. its alive and flourishing in wi. i prefer to park in the back with the guys that are way too loud and drink way too much beer having all the fun. i dont take the cruise in thing to serious. if i want to talk real car talk i will hang with my racing buddies they get it.

25. WTSHNN

WTSHNN
    from Chicago

26. Jibs

Jibs

Doug, I thought maybe 600 cars, but I just went on google earth and there are only about 843 parking spaces including the Giant Eagle section. I know there were no cars parked in front of Giant Eagle. I think 350 would be a realistic number?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  27. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Go to the NHRA museum cruise in Pomona next Wed. It ostensibly starts at 4:00 pm but there are guys leaving at 4:00 because they've been there for 5 hours. I get off work and get there at 5:00 passing car after car already leaving.

It's the way it is as many in our hobby are retired and make a day of it before going home to dinner and TV.

28. DavidY

DavidY
    from 15102

I like oldies, but NOT at 100dB.

29. And your a comedian. That was funny.

30. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I have gone to a few local " Cruise Ins " here in Maine. Parking is not usually an issue , but I fine them boring as hell. If I'm going to cruise it will be on the open road, not in a parking lot .