Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GG Pacific NW Nats - pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jul 28, 2013.

1. redroaddog

redroaddog

thanks for posting have to make it up there next year looks like a lot of traditional cars. the wreck sucks hope they r ok the car looks like a coupe'str and maybe a 33 chevy with a model a cowl:confused: was a nice car....dave

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw the photo of the roadster after it was wrecked on Facebook this morning but no more info than what is here. From the damage it looks like the car in front of them stopped quicker than they could.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Damn, that is a shame. that car was really nice. looks like a total now. hope all involved were OK.

looks like a tire mark on the cowl and the verticle body line is dented. I wonder if he was swiped by a Semi. that left side is really bad, what is lying on the cowl (and did it go thru the windshield?)

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can save the photo Uncle Buck posted in post 25 and it is high enough resolution to expand way out and examine closely. It looks like what ever he hit or what hit him hit just to the passenger side of center on the car. The hood side is still on the driver side saying that it didn't buckle enough to be popped off the car. The bumper also has a pretty good bow in it from the impact and probably took most of the hit.
    The bottom of the right front wheel has a lot of damage.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

when you blow it up, the bumper looks like it hit a pole (center punched) but with most damage on the passenger side.

6. resto-rodder

resto-rodder

Thanks for the nice photos that you posted. I was pleased to see that you included my black '49 Merc with the Dodge Royal Lancer hubcaps.

7. verde742

verde742

It the top of the hood, half in, half out of w/s frame. touch pic twice will enlarge..

8. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

we traveled down with ray , on his way home something locked up, trans or rear, car went sideways and guy behind ran over the front fender ray and joe are all right .car can be fixed

9. redroaddog

redroaddog

so glad they r ok! 32v what do you know about the body mods done to the car?....dave:cool:

10. thanks for the great photos. your an excelent photographer.

I hope the car in the wreck can be fixed.

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

gave my old camera and lenses to my 13 yr old niece two weeks ago and bought a new one for myself. the old Canon had over 50,000 pictures taken with it and it was getting wore out. I really like my new one, better features, video (which I have to figure out) and better lense and light metering . Just hit the 2000 picture mark and so far I like what I see (even shady pictures are turning out decent).

12. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Super nice shots Ken. Looks like a large amount of traditional on hand.

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

Its great to hear they are OK! Thanks for the update.

14. BCR

BCR

Great pictures, thanks for posting.

15. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Looks like it was a great show, thanks for sharing.

Maybe next year???

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

32v - keep us posted on what is found to have locked up to cause this whole mess.

17. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Ken,What kind of Camera are you using now? we are looking for something new.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great pictures. I specially like the '32 flat black stock height 5w at the start of your coverage. The stance on that car is PERFECT.

Frank

19. You and I think alike Frank,,that is one cool looking coupe. HRP

[​IMG]

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing these great photos. Bravo.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Ladyhrp, I just purhcased was is classified as a bridge camera, it is similar to a digital SLR but the lense is not removeable. its slightly smaller than a SLR. the cannon got great reviews (little better than the sony version). Mine is a Cannon SX50 HS the reason I got it is will allow you to be close to the car and take a picture (great when in crowds or at indoor shows) but is has 50x telescoping lense (it is flat amazing how far it will zoom in)

I could not shot the distance range with three lenses that this one can do with just one (and it has video capability... but most do today).

HotRodPrimer, several 32s there made me think of Randy. that was one of them.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That info may cause a run on Cannon SX50 HS cameras Boones. It has a lot of the features My Cannon EOS Rebel T3i has without having to deal with changing the lens.
    I always figured you had a Pro cannon or Nikon from the consistent quality of your photos.

23. Boones - Nice pics! ... Thanks for the link and the posts!