Register now to get rid of these ads!

What color?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harvey29, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Got a whole bunch of blue leather for my A project now I'm trying to figure out what paint will go with it? Was going to paint it Indian turquoise, but now I'm not sure:rolleyes:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

3. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

White would really look good. Could even do cotton candy (white with pink and blue highlights when in the sun)...at least that's what I have heard it called

4. BISHOP

BISHOP

Or match the paint to the leather and paint it blue.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Nice shiny black goes with anything.

6. 2racer

2racer

7. GaryC.

GaryC.

8. Fringe

Fringe
    from Sacramento

Wimbledon white

9. indyjps

indyjps

10. Depends on the leather. Black or white is good or match the nlue

11. slowmotion

slowmotion

64 Chevy Satin Silver, it's traditional.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

No disrespect, but that is sort of the backwards way of doing it. Generally, you make the main decision of what color the car will be first then pick an interior color that compliments it. The exterior color is something you will have to live with and like for a long time so it needs to be one you really wanted in the first place.

Just sayin'. :)

Don

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Depends on the shade of blue your leather is. Nice n dark, any blue or silver, grey, charcoal. Make the welting and carpet match the paint. If you do pick a white, make it a "dirty" white. The Wimbledon suggestion is one of my favorites. Bright but still "off". Don's right too, but in my case I got a bunch of pearl white gennie leather to go with true Kandy Organic Green, or frankly any other true Kandy I want.

14. slowmotion

slowmotion

Don makes a valid point. Exterior color is something that's a top priority for any build. At the same time, using what ya got is also sort of the hot-rodder way. Blue guts give quite a few options as to exterior choice. The Wimblton white is a good one too, always been one of my favorites. I did see a late model OT Ram recently that had a great creamy off-white that really got my attention. Lots of options, I'm sure the OP will find something good.

15. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

16. That looks more lavender than blue.

17. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I was thinking it looks kind of periwinkle.

White or black like mentioned earlier.

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I personally would never get too much of one color, so I'd never paint a car even a different shade of the same color as the interior. Or vice versa; I wouldn't match interior to whatever color the car is.
    I'd go with either a white, or shade of white; or black. Not much else would make sense to me with blue interior. But I'd have to get all the material for free to make me use blue on any interior, and even then I'd try to do a swap with someone to get a color that was more coordinated with a variety of paint colors.

19. BISHOP

BISHOP

After seeing the color of the leather........... I would not use it.

Would look best in a boat.

20. docmike

docmike

Is this going in the car in your avatar? I understand using what you have on hand so with that thought I'd say dark blue like came on the Dodge Viper GTS Coupe or off white or black. Personally I think I'd lean for the black with black piping on the seats with steel wheels painted to match the leather and maybe two tone blue pinstriping.

Doc

21. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

Silver would be my first choice then charcoal gray, white or mabey a candy blue over pearl white?

22. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I was gonna say Almond but that looks more like a gunmetal blue go with a gray/silver/blue shade.

Maybe Silver with Red pinstipping

23. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Its not set in stone used this leather it was a freebie so I thought I'd see what everyone had to say

24. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

The car is a 29 Tudor going for a late 60s style. Also still trying to decide on a color so I thought if the leather matched a color I liked I go with it.

25. slowmotion

slowmotion

How about another pic without the direct sunlight. Roll out a chunk and take another pic for a better representation.

26. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Just got to see it person its a lot darker than the picture looks, he says its a full hide.

27. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Going for a late 60's, then you have to use neon or day-glo colors. Hot pink with lemon yellow. Or not.

28. rockfish

rockfish

I must have missed that part of the 60's. Sure you're not thinking of the 80's?

29. I don't remember cars being those colors in the sixties, but those COLORS were seen in the sixties. Whooa, man...

30. shooter6

shooter6

How about audi tt grey, early 2000. I know its outside the 60's window, but it always reminded me of grey oxide primer only shinney!