Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 ford sedan (fitting reversed steelies) with cruiser skirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I have decided to go with chrome reversed steelies on my 56 tudor. I have the option of buying a set but there are (2) 15x4 and (2) 15x6 they all have 3" back spacing. Will these work with my cruiser skirts? Also which would be used in front and in back?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. Has anyone done this before?

3. Sorry, I haven't done this, but I don't think the cruiser skirts will interfere - rather, the concern would be the stock fender itself (they're low cut openings). I would check to see if you have the additional 1/2" (inside and out) inch clearance over your stock wheels to the fender. This is assuming the stock wheel is also a neutral offset as are the 6" chromies you are looking at.

Hope they work!

-Dave

4. 73super

73super

Sounds good. Will look nice. Good choice on wheels.

5. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

You may have to roll the wheel opening inner lip..eastwood sells a tool for this , or you can do it with a baseball bat like the old guys did...

6. Well my stock wheels and cross bar caps fit but I would have to drop the axle to switch out a wheel. Well that was before I bagged it.

7. Anyone have or had these wheels on their 55-56 ford and lowered?

8. Somebody here must have had revered wheels on their 55-56 ford or merc before.

9. Back to the top!!

10. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I just measured mine and I am surprised of how little room is there, I'd say 6 inch is pushing it with the skirts on, but 4 in in my eye is too narrow.

11. That would be too narriw for the front or rear? Also what was the stock rim width?

12. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Sorry I'm just getting back to you, that would be the rear, I'm not certain that it has the original rear end in it, that would make a big difference.
    I have a question, I've found most of the sheet metal to fix mine except around the front fender headlite area, any one making that for these?
    Do you know what the stock width is on the rear?
    Thanks 56!